• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

45 minute EPSN NHL 2K5 preview video!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
WOAH! You can unlock the heritage classic! BTW you dont need Gamespot Complete to watch it.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Things I like:

You can control your stick while skating backward.
Contact moves.
Dream Teams (3 canada teams :eek:).
Pick your coaching staff.
Depth of the minor league teams.
Scouting :eek: Hole shit.
Event Music.
Party Mode. "I got the flag!" "KILLING SPREE!'

Things I hate:

ESPN licence. Get rid of it, does not fit the game. They should of stayed with the CBC announcers they used on Dreamcast. The greatest sports game EVER deserves better. :D (Heritage Classic being commented on by ESPN? :()

Shuffle Board. Ever hear of Curling?

FightyF

Banned
Shuffle Board. Ever hear of Curling?

Curling rawks dude! :)

I agree on all counts, though I don't mind the ESPN license. I think the ESPN commentators are pretty good...I've only been recently exposed to them on the NHL Network's replaying of the entire playoffs.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'd rather listen to the ESPN guys than those fossils on CBC. Better yet, they should steal Jim Hughson from EA, he's the best play by play man on the continent.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
bishoptl said:
I'd rather listen to the ESPN guys than those fossils on CBC. Better yet, they should steal Jim Hughson from EA, he's the best play by play man on the continent.

neg. No one touches Joe Bowen, not even remotely close. Sure he miscalls some things here and there (which would fit perfectly with ESPNs numerous miscalls) no one has the voice of bowen. It's sort of like the Leafs goal announcer too... they need to find more guys like those 2 and spread them across the league, because they rock. you have no idea how annoying it was to hear the tampa bay lightning announcer.. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllligggggggggggghtning!

*stabs ears*

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DopeyFish said:
somethingaboutsomeLeafsannouncerfossil
Your opinion and credibility on all things hockey-related has been rendered...well...more useless than usual for the time being.

Socreges said:
Who is Joe Bowen and how does your contention relate to the Maple Leafs?
Ha, did you REALLY have to ask?

My favorite part of his post was;

"Sure he miscalls some things here and there"

Maybe they should use him for Raw vs Smackdown, Dopey.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
well, i never heard espn call a team like the senators... the boston bruins...

which bowen does sometimes... i hear "down into the calgary zone!" i peer over and i see that nothing has changed, i'm still watching a toronto vs rangers game :p

Top Bottom