• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

48 Things You STILL Didn't Know In Zelda Breath Of The Wild

Kataploom

Gold Member
This game is so absolutely amazing... I just feel like going back to explore since I've been doing so all this year and then giving it a break... It's just so immense and relaxing that I don't get tired of it

Ezquimacore

Banned
People who avoided PC, PlayStation and Xbox continue to be amazed about the first and only open-world game ever made.
funny as fuck considering I only play botw on PC and the switch is my first Nintendo console ever, maybe I'm not a fanboy and I can admit it's the best console exclusive open world without feeling some sort of way. Sony and Xbox needs to do their homework, man!

killatopak

AVcjkPb.jpg

daveonezero

Banned
Thees things are so small but also make the game great. A lot of these I didn't know about.

I recently started playing this on a new save in Master Mode. It has been long enough since the first time I played it that it is still great. I am probably going to do 3 heart run. Currently still scavenging and avoiding most combat. Select my fights wisely. Finding korok seeds. And Slowly upgrading my weapon inventory.

It is fantastic.

One of the best games ever made. I was hopeful we'd be seeing other studios starting to copy some of it's ideas by now, but seems like most were just happy to keep the status quo.
It is because this level of connection between all the elements in a game is really hard to pull off.

The people shitting on BotW never get into why this game is great. The fact they have all these animations and sounds for seemingly mundane things is why BoTW can be appreciated on deeper levels. That plus the gameplay loop is offers a lot of options on top of just being fun.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Despite posts showing surprise at there being things they didn’t know, people are still quick to throw in their know it all superiority and proclaim they will never watch the video despite the OP saying “I thought I knew it all”.

There’s some basics in there, but I’ll be surprised if people can watch it and learn nothing at all, as some is glitches. You have to be super into BotW (or at least the videos like this, the one you’re claiming is shit without watching) to know all it all.

I don’t have to watch this video to know that there are absolutely not 48 things that some little dildo from GameSpot discovered that fans of the game have not been aware of.
Eh, the nature of today's online world almost necessitates a title like this.

Also, the maker of the video is very knowledgeable with regards to BOTW (go check out his other BOTW videos) and some of the 48 things are contributions from the community. Not all of it is equally mind-blowing but there are quite a few good details highlighted within.

But I guess your brain went "BRRRR" upon reading "GameSpot".

I was hopeful we'd be seeing other studios starting to copy some of it's ideas by now, but seems like most were just happy to keep the status quo.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. In a fantasy world developers could just snap their fingers and copy the mechanics that they admire and it'd all work seamlessly together.

But this is the real world: not all of BOTW's mechanics can gel with the goals that another game might be going for.

Eg. Being able to glide anywhere is great but if you put that into a game like Horizon: Zero Dawn, you'd have a narrative that would get messed up because the player was triggering flags out of order.

Anyway, I'm very hopeful that BOTW2 will be amazing, especially since BOTW is a fantastic foundation to build upon and it no longer has to keep the Wii U in mind.

Kev Kev

is ths like that last video where there were 100 things you didnt know and most were completely useless and no one would care about them? listen, botw is my favorite game of all time, but that last video was kind of silly, and im willing to bet this one is too.

Ezquimacore

Banned
is ths like that last video where there were 100 things you didnt know and most were completely useless and no one would care about them? listen, botw is my favorite game of all time, but that last video was kind of silly, and im willing to bet this one is too.
I learned like 6 new mechanics that enhance gameplay, I thought it was going to be garbage but it's actually quite good.

Simpkin92

I put 30-40 hours into BOTW but dropped it. I cant hardly stomach the blurry and bad graphics. Love the art style tho. Hopefully one day get to play in 4k

Amazing how people still butt hurt over a game released 4 years ago. On topic I'm still finding new things in BoTW to this day.
yeah i was just thinking that while reading through the comments. it's really getting that way in every thread. people posting and replying just to stir things up or waste time. I'll admit it being from gamespot doesnt make me feel confident in the video though. the game it's self is one of my all time favs though.

I put 30-40 hours into BOTW but dropped it. I cant hardly stomach the blurry and bad graphics. Love the art style tho. Hopefully one day get to play in 4k
i beat it on switch and know what you mean. you should check out cemu emulator on pc. 4k 60 fps and graphics tweaks. makes the game shine like it truly deserved.

Mistake

I rate BotW as “alright.” The game desperately needs a recipe book, and more areas that feel lively. TP got the right mix, and I’m hoping BotW2 is more like it

Sejan

I rate BotW as “alright.” The game desperately needs a recipe book, and more areas that feel lively. TP got the right mix, and I’m hoping BotW2 is more like it
I understand the criticism of the breaking weapons and stuff, but I honestly thought the more free form recipe system was a really good move for this game. Once you understand the basic recipe, it just works: Combine 5 items between three categories protein+flavoring(salt/spice/herb)+modifier. In my opinion, it made a lot more sense than a recipe book system. My biggest complaint with this system is that it took too long to make multiple dishes.

theHFIC

Waiting for Nintendo to release an official patch disabling weapons breaking down before I dive in past the 2 hours I already gave it.

Sentenza

Amazing how people still butt hurt over a game released 4 years ago. On topic I'm still finding new things in BoTW to this day.
Hey, I played the game from start to finish TWICE )on PC, so with good visuals and performances, too) and I liked it, but I could go a fair week or two without another autistic compilation of "DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THINGS IN THE GAME?".
Yes, I did know. Thank you.

Last edited:
I love the game. Played it for 300+ hours. But nah.
I go back and forth on this point. On one hand, the backend engine of the game was shocking to me the first time I played it expecting Twilight Princess 2. On the other hand, they need to fix a lot of annoyances in the BotW 2 and get rid of the Ubi towers.

What's your personal Game of the Generation and why does it succeed where BotW failed for you?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
People who avoided PC, PlayStation and Xbox continue to be amazed about the first and only open-world game ever made.

Awesome quality post! Demeaning, sarcastic and off topic. Smh. Just awful energy all around.

Maybe change your username, you're giving toad a bad name.

Last edited:

Majukun

to be honest the "cooking" system is so shallow the game doesn't really need one..for a game that incentivizes experimentation, there isn't really enough dept to actually need one.

Top Bottom