• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4A Games discuss plans for the next Metro game aswell as a multiplayer experience and a new AAA IP.

DonJorginho

Banned
OUR PLANS

METRO
It’s no secret that we have already started work on the next Metro game. Using everything we’ve learned from the last 15 years, we’ve set our sights even higher – the next title is being built for Gen 9 consoles and PC, with a complete overhaul of our engine and renderer to take advantage of the new power, storage, and hardware supported ray tracing afforded by the new consoles.
We’re not ready to share anything more, but we wanted to reassure our fans about a few important topics.
First – we’re committed to delivering a great story driven single player experience; this is what the Metro series is founded on. As a studio, we want to constantly push ourselves to create bigger and better games, but we also listen to what the fans are saying, and we know what’s important to you. We take our responsibility to the franchise seriously, and we think you’ll be excited about our plans for the next chapter.

MULTIPLAYER
At the same time, our partnership with Saber will allow us to explore something that has always been an ambition for 4A Games, but something we have never been able to commit to until now: a multiplayer experience in the Metro universe.
As a small studio we have never been able to do justice to these ambitions, and our ideas have never made it beyond the prototype phase. But with Saber’s experience in online gaming, we are now actively exploring multiplayer concepts that will offer a new way to experience the world of Metro.
We know some of our fans have concerns whenever they hear multiplayer mentioned, so we wanted to tackle this topic head on and talk about some of goals and principles behind this early exploration.

Let’s start by saying, we hear your concerns. We’re not looking at multiplayer as a box-ticking exercise, or to jump on some trend or bandwagon. As creators, we want to explore a multiplayer experience that makes complete sense in the Metro universe.
We’re also committed to ensuring that whatever we do, it’s not to the detriment of our single-player ambitions. We’ll need a dedicated team focused solely on the online component, and this is what our new partnership with Saber can bring; years of expertise, technology, and know-how to help us realise our ambitions.
Additionally, a reminder that it’s still early days – none of the thoughts above mean that the next Metro game will be multiplayer only; or that the next game will have single and multi-player in the same package. We are still figuring things out, but know that we are absolutely committed to more single-player, story driven experiences in the Metro universe that our fans have come to know and love.

NEW IP
Finally – while we expect to be working on Metro for many years to come, we want to stretch ourselves by exploring new projects and new IP. In 2017 we released Arktika.1, a sci-fi FPS for the Oculus Rift, and our first steps towards a goal of being a multi-project studio. We now want to grow this ambition to another new AAA experience that can sit alongside the Metro series. We’re hiring across both our Malta and Kyiv studios to help us bring these dreams to reality, so if you think you have what it takes and want to join our team, head to our careers page and apply at 4a-games.com.mt/careers !

As much as I love Metro, after Exodus - where can the story go?

Is there a book that goes past what was shown in the game?

If so, I'm all in.

Rikkori

Let's hope they learn how to ship better textures next. Ray tracing is nice but wtf is this shit 4A?! We aren't all on 1080p! :messenger_face_steam:

exodus__15_.jpg

kyussman

I really love these guys/gals...the Metro games are so immersive and I love the universe it's all set in.
I thought Exodus was a fantastic expansion of the series and it worked really well for me...it still felt totally like a Metro game while expanding the game world beyond the tunnels...I thought the Sam's Story dlc was great too.
Can't wait to see next gen Metro!

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I thought the multiplayer game was the new metro. Looks like they are two things, which is really good . I want that immersive single player metro experience.

Top Bottom