• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] The 2 Bluepoint games are Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy and Legacy of Kain Remake, both for PS5

D.Final

Banned
Legacy of Kain seems too good to be true. Why. Why I am given hope by this. I never trust these leaks and give in. I never do. But please, please let it be true if only this time.

It will be awesome play a Legacy of Kain Remake for PS5 :messenger_smiling_hearts:
And Jak and Daxter too

bitbydeath

That’s not Warhawk. :messenger_weary:

images

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
For PS5 aka exclusive? Wouldn't make sense since Sony doesn't own the IP.

A LoK revival would be huge though. One of my favourite series ever. Such great lore. To this day I consider Soul Reaver 2 as the best story I've ever experienced in any medium.

Legacy of Kain awesome. Couldnt care less about Jack and Daxter platformer on a brand new PS5. But again like last rumor....so now Blue Point is remaking esentially 4 games? I call BS. People couldn't believe Tenchu trilogy was a possibility and now its 4 games...yeah not buying it. J & D was kinda popular bot not even close to Crash Bandicoot popularity so Im really questioning, who the hell would want to waste time on this, especially 3 of them.

Ten_Fold

Legacy of kain, man Sony I wasn’t interested in the Ps5, but I somehow feel Legend of Dragoon remake is actually possible lol.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Soul reaver was the best game of the Kain franchise... I hope this isn't true. I couldn't stomach another "vae victis".

Ar¢tos

That's probably what it's about.

I'm all in on LoK being the Soul Reaver Remake.
Didn’t Sony renew the IP a few years ago?
Square Enix owns the IP.

As much as I would love a Legacy of Kain remake, why would Square hire Bluepoint and not make it themselves? And why would Bluepoint say it is a PS5 game and Sony will announce it? (Square would make it multiplatform).

DonF

That's my dream! Remaking a trilogy but in just one huge game.
Imagine mass effect, remastered, all games just one big game. Modernize the old ones, fix errors from the others, take the best from the 3 games and apply that to all the trilogy.

Psykodad

Banned
Square Enix owns the IP.

As much as I would love a Legacy of Kain remake, why would Square hire Bluepoint and not make it themselves? And why would Bluepoint say it is a PS5 game and Sony will announce it? (Square would make it multiplatform).
Might have mixed up something then.

That's that, I guess. Lol

KiNeMz

Banned
So Jek and Daxter is the game they have been touting on about all this time with all the cryptic tweets and mentions of the biggest project to date for them?

jak and daxter 4 is so over due its ridiculous. we need good platformers on ps5.

A jak and daxter trilogy remake isnt quite jak 4 but ill take it. if real. prob isnt. :'(

Last edited:

engstra

So now all of a sudden Bluepoint will announce two separate games? Expecting BPs new game to be a reimagining of a ps1 game and Soul Reaver would be really cool, still hoping its Silent Hill though 🤞

Relativ9

If they're doing a Jak and Daxter AND a Crash Bandicoot reboot, that seems a bit excessive, but it does make sense to go hard for the family friendly market at the beggining of a generation, if you can create new Playstation fans early in their lives you're much more likely to keep them for longer (nostaliga is powerful). Plus dad gets to make the excuse to the wife that the expensive new tech he bought is "also for the kids".

It would be nice to play them with amazing graphics, but a new ratchet and clank would do me for cartoon 3d platforming. I am sure the bluepoint remake is demons souls.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Why should I buy a PS5 in the first year? "Hey, we have these great old games you already played a couple of times, we made them more pretty. Just 59.99 for your 499.99 console. You are welcome."

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why should I buy a PS5 in the first year? "Hey, we have these great old games you already played a couple of times, we made them more pretty. Just 59.99 for your 499.99 console. You are welcome."

This is a totally reasonable reaction to a rumor of a completely unknown console lineup.

Top Bottom