• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] The 2 Bluepoint games are Jak and Daxter Re-Trilogy and Legacy of Kain Remake, both for PS5

D.Final

Banned
MilkyGenerousIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

I remember for that time game was using some kind of stream loading stuff so it almost had zero loadings when you going between rooms and all textures where so good and smooth for that time. Tomb raider for that time had so much pixels all over but this was so good looking. All those things that made game unicue then, what it could do today?
All those effects back then i remember i couldnt believe how good it was, now looking at it it just looks simple, but back then....
CrispTerrificBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

Now i need to try this again on emulator... such nostalgic memories

Awesome game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

A great Remake with the actual technology will can be easily a Masterpiece even for the modern days, and for the new generations.

And it is now, definitely, my most anticipated PS5 game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Banned
I think you'd be surprised. Didn't Ratchet and Clank do very well this gen?

If they make Legacy of Kain games, especially Soul Reaver, then I can then die happy

well, Ratchet was always way better than Jak and it aged way better as well.
Insomniac was always just miles above Naughty Dog in terms of game design.

as a kid I liked Jak way more for some reason, but as I got older and as I tried replaying both the Jak games and the older Ratchet games it just hit me like a truck how absolutely bad some of the levels in Jak are, especially Jak 2 has some truly terribly designed levels and many camera issues.
also compared to Ratchet's fairly tight controls, Jak feels extremely floaty and imprecise to control

Soul Reaver, as a well crafted reboot tho... I'd explode from the hype that would trigger inside me

Last edited:

acm2000

We all know next gen is just gonna be full of remakes/remasters/reboots just like this gen was, fantastic /s

Last edited:

Stuart360

Man the knives really come out when you dont get what you want eh?. The Jak games have always got tons of praise on here, and Legacy of Kain has always been a much respected series. Just because you want Demons Souls, it doesnt change that fact.
Imo the first Jak, with next gen level graphics, would be amazing. Hopefully like how amazing Jak and Daxter looked on PS2 at the time.

ruvikx

Banned
All the Legacy of Kain games require remakes + new gameplay mechanisms, ergo I call bullshit on that. It's not like Crash Bandicoot or Tony Hawk, i.e. simply introducing new textures & polygons whilst keeping the core gameplay intact isn't going to work in 2020. Has anyone played Soul Reaver 1 & 2 recently? Its controls & combat cannot be "remastered". They're sh*t by todays standards.

The art, music, plot, puzzles, characters & world are top notch, but the core of the game requires a serious overhaul.

Shakka43

I would actually love a Jak game that combines the stories and settings of the previous titles into one(Daxter included). Playing the trilogy a single games not so much, the remasters are good enough for that.

Last edited:

Banned
It's Legacy of Kain or a Soul Reaver game?

Legacy of Kain is the name of all the games.
it's like "The Elder Scrolls"

there are 2 series within the franchise, Blood Omen 1 & 2 and Soul Reaver 1 & 2, which then crossed over in "Defiance", that game acts simultaneously as Blood Omen 3 and Soul Reaver 3

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Legacy of Kain is the name of all the games.
it's like "The Elder Scrolls"

there are 2 series within the franchise, Blood Omen 1 & 2 and Soul Reaver 1 & 2, which then crossed over in "Defiance", that game acts simultaneously as Blood Omen 3 and Soul Reaver 3
I know. But I love the most the Soul Reaver, even thou the first Legacy of Kain really needs a remake

Banned
I know. But I love the most the Soul Reaver, even thou the first Legacy of Kain really needs a remake

Calling is only Legacy of Kain is very confusing tho, since it's name is Blood Omen.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance

so as you see, cutting off the end of the name can result in confusion.

in fact, for the first game (Blood Omen) the Legacy of Kain part was only the subtitle, it was officially called:
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

they changed that for all the following games.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I would love a remake of Blood Omen Legacy of Kain. Why is the greatest game in the series being ignored?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Bluepoint working on a J&D remake would be the biggest waste of a talented studio since Retro with Tropical Freeze.
Souls, Kain or bust.

Ian Henry

I'm laughing and happy that it's not Demon Souls. J&D Re-Trilogy and Legacy Of Kain remaster is gonna be exciting and hella interesting. Imma buy a PS5 for some of my fav franchises. Let's Get It!!!!!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I've bought "Jak trilogy" or something as a gift to my nephew and forced her to play it. As a result she became depressed at a young age lol, it was boring. I had to buy several other gifts afterwards. I don't want to experience the same pain with this remake. This should not happen after so many hype.

Ratchet, daxter, jak, sly, knack... I don't know who exactly play those games. Too violent or hard for children, too cringey and easy for adults. Not a good replacement for fun platforming games of Nintendo.

Anyway... "Legacy of Kain" would be cool, but not that cool after that pr.

martino

Square said no more exclusives before long. So i dont believe in a lok exclusive
Also CD need to do it if We want it to be good.
This trend of rumors where 3rd party licences end in Sony studio is odd.
Never say Never but Still odd.

Last edited:

yurinka

Awful news if true, I don't care about these games. I want Demon's Souls instead.
But well, if it's a random annonimous post on 4chan is very likely fake.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've bought "Jak trilogy" or something as a gift to my nephew and forced her to play it. As a result she became depressed at a young age lol, it was boring. I had to buy several other gifts afterwards. I don't want to experience the same pain with this remake. This should not happen after so many hype.

Ratchet, daxter, jak, sly, knack... I don't know who exactly play those games. Too violent or hard for children, too cringey and easy for adults. Not a good replacement for fun platforming games of Nintendo.

Anyway... "Legacy of Kain" would be cool, but not that cool after that pr.

Jak 2 is extremely tough... for everyone.

I think these games were made for young teens mostly. Sly a little younger. But they still have dedicated fans who grew up with them. It would be weird as a high profile game in 2020 but a nice change of pace from the usual from Sony.

Last edited:

Banned
Legacy of Kain is amazing.
Kain is also a better character than Raziel so I'm already 100% all in if this shit is true.

even if I repeat myself I'll say it again, that Legacy of Kain is not the name of a game in the series, but instead the name of the whole franchise. and the very first game didn't even use that name as the main title of the game but instead it was the subtitle "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain". I read a long time ago on some retro forum that apparently "Blood Omen" was originally planned as the overarching name of the Franchise, and Soul Reaver was originally called "Blood Omen: Legacy of Raziel"... but I don't know if that's true or not... would make a lot more sense than the naming scheme they went with tho TBH.

which is also the reason I think this is fake... who on earth would just use the "legacy of Kain" part of the name as their leaked game? I mean, maybe the reboot will just be called "Legacy of Kain" but that would be weird IMO
also if they remake one it will be Soul Reaver 1, which is by far the most beloved game in the series. which would make it especially weird if they went with the name "Legacy of Kain"... in fact, if anything I would expect them to drop that part completely and just call it "Soul Reaver"

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
even if I repeat myself I'll say it again, that Legacy of Kain is not the name of a game in the series, but instead the name of the whole franchise. and the very first game didn't even use that name as the main title of the game but instead it was the subtitle "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain". I read a long time ago on some retro forum that apparently "Blood Omen" was originally planned as the overarching name of the Franchise, and Soul Reaver was originally called "Blood Omen: Legacy of Raziel"... but I don't know if that's true or not... would make a lot more sense than the naming scheme they went with tho TBH.

which is also the reason I think this is fake... who on earth would just use the "legacy of Kain" part of the name as their leaked game? I mean, maybe the reboot will just be called "Legacy of Kain" but that would be weird IMO
also if they remake one it will be Soul Reaver 1, which is by far the most beloved game in the series. which would make it especially weird if they wen't with the name "Legacy of Kain"... in fact, if anything I would expect them to drop that part completely and just call it "Soul Reaver"
Legacy of Kain is considered to be the first in the series. If I was talking about any of the other games you would have known.

Banned
Legacy of Kain is considered to be the first in the series. If I was talking about any of the other games you would have known.

why tho? why refer to "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain", which is part of a series of games with the following names:

simply as "Legacy of Kain"?

that's like those people who insist calling Star Wars Episode 4 just "Star Wars", which is hella confusing.

add to that that the last game in the series's cover looks like this:
62346-legacy-of-kain-defiance-xbox-front-cover.jpg

where the Legacy of Kain part is extremely pronounced while the subtitle Defiance is extremely small

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
why tho? why refer to "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain", which is part of a series of games with the following names:

simply as "Legacy of Kain"?

that's like those people who insist calling Star Wars Episode 4 just "Star Wars", which is hella confusing.

add to that that the last game in the series's cover looks like this:
62346-legacy-of-kain-defiance-xbox-front-cover.jpg

where the Legacy of Kain part is extremely pronounced while the subtitle Defiance is extremely small
No one cares.

Fbh

Legacy of Kain remake would be awesome.

But with no screenshot or anything as backup/proof all of these 4chan rumours are pretty much the internet age version of the "my uncle who works at Nintendo said...."

decisions

Well, LoK remake would be fucking awesome.

However, this rumor has literally no credibility whatsoever.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Jak & Daxter games well enough, but I'd definitely rather Ratchet (or some other games) get the extra attention.

As for LoK, maybe we can play it instead of "Loading: The Video Game". :p

tenor.gif

True story.

Brad Garret filed a restraining order against my best friend's dad. I don't recall the full story but it was not for stalking. I think they got into a fight. This was maybe a decade or two ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom