• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Rumor: No Assassin's Creed in 2016, 2017 in Egypt, Witcher inspired [Update]

Turkoop

Banned
An Ubisoft dev said the following on 4chan forums:
"Egypt. There won't be an AC in 2016. You may screencap this and refer to it when nothing is shown in E3 2016. You'll have to wait until 2017 for it. The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It's made by the Black Flag team. You may leave any question you want answered."

Well, lets hope the best.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/371763/Rumour+No+Assassins+Creed+in+2016,+2017+set+in+Egypt/

and yeah, take this with a lot grain of salt

Update:

Found the original 4chan thread. There a few more post from him where he answers questions.

Added a temporary trip

>>322506651
Ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. The story is set before the Assassins and Templars even existed. This is basically a prequel to all ACs.

>>322506779
Think Black Flag. IE, not much to climb outside of villages.

lol that was a game being made between Prince of Persia and AC. It was cancelled and most of its tech was used in AC.

>>322509845
This one has a lot more story than any of the rest. Going back to Ancient Egypt means they can do whatever they want, without "historical accuracy" to hold them back.

>>322510162
>>322509539
Can't take that risk. Screencap my claim and wait for the glaring absence of AC in E3 2016.

>>322510154
I believe the next one is going to have a lot less recycling, which is nice.

>>322510204
>>322510261
You play as a slave or ex-slave. He looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin (like this guy >>322510112). He is not edgy, from my understanding. He's a nobody that barely speaks.

The biggest difference about this one is how colorful it looks. Like holy fuck, blue skies, lush vegetations and desert sequences where you get mirage and shit. Also you have a pet eagle you can control.

Forget Prince of Persia. It will never come back. The reason why AC exists at all is because PoP meant Ubi has to pay for license, since they don't own the IP. AC is Ubi's own IP, so merchandising and all that shit is theirs to keep. PoP is financially not worth it.

>>322511805
No, the world is made from scratch. No recycling. The only recycling is animation and even then, this one will change most of it. As far as recycling goes, this next one will have the least amount of it.

>>322512465
PC, PS4 and Xbone. Not sure if they'll ever port it to whatever Nintendo makes next.

>>322512478
They might do that and sell it when the AC movie is out in 2016

>>322512546
No one works on consoles anymore. Only programmers and technical directors have console devkits. The rest work on PC since the ports to consoles are so easy with the new gen.
The average pc is an i7 64gb ram and 670gtx
Depending on your needs, you may have a more powerful one.

>>322514554
When you put it like that, it sounds even better

>>322514608
It's not naval combat. It's just a means of navigation and some have interiors you can enter for quests.

>>322514645
illustrator/artist. I have no fucking clue what the movie is about, save for the fact that it's not related to the games at all. I think it happens in Spain or something. Don't quote me on i

>>322515398
I have no idea. A bit less, I think. The focus is more on adventure

>>322515638
There is an attachment to history, course. It's fucking AC, it's part of the design.

>>322515665
I might be wrong. The original game included Greece, which you can travel to. But it was cut from the game due to scale issues. So the naval side is now a mystery to me. There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next.

>>322517061
Funny you ask. I'm playing MGSV while replying to this thread. It's my favorite series but this game is so repetitive. I can't bring myself to finish it. I just switched to Bloodborne now.

>>322517143
Prototyping and creating art benchmarks

>>322517189
No idea

>>322517202
No, never.

>>322517339
Not sure about FC, but it's about 3 times Black Flag. Unlike BF, you don't have to load cities. Everything is seameless.

Thanks for the talk guys. See you all at E3 for those who screencapped this thread. I hope the movie does not turn out to be shit, but who am I kidding.

Also, happy new year.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/322505836/

Forgot one post. The last part is his answer to why there is no AC in the Japan/China setting.

>>322508167
Not sure yet, it's still in the works. Not even close to Alpha yet.

>>322508265
None of that in the working place. Honestly, there is no fucking talk about SJW and other nonsense at work. The media blows this shit way out of proportion.

Oh by the way, online (COOP) is completely cut from the series for the time being. Not sure it will ever come back, to be honest.

>>322508419
Fuck if I know. Everyone wants it, but I have no idea why they don't do it. The people in charge seem to think the mechanics don't work in that setting. I kind of understand, though. You have to redesign the character and his/her controls from scratch. That means you cannot recycle animations and other systems. Every AC game is fucking expensive to make. So recycling is essential. Without it, other things will be sacrificed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Assassin's Creed is already coming in 2016

T3mKKxe.jpg

Good. That will be enough of a break to let me sit down and play Syndicate.

The AC fatigue is real.

It needs a break.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'll believe it only when it comes from a developer-sourced leak from an airline flight.

In all seriousness, this would be a great idea. Have a revamped Watch_Dogs 2 set for this fall and Assassin's Creed for next year.

nath999

Great settings, great development team and a much needed break from the series.

I'll definitely revisit the series in 2017 if true.

Some Nobody

Believe it if I see it. Assassin's Creed is a major money maker. Only way I see this happening is if Ubisoft is banking on Watch_Dogs 2 for this year and planning on alternating going forward.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope all of that is true. Series is on life support. Syndicate wasn't nearly good enough, despite what some people may say, it was just a combination of low expectations because of Unity and high production values.

Hasney

Well there was that rumour for a remaster collection too. While I'm not going to take this at face value, if that rumour was true, I said they should use it as an opportunity to take a year off as there'd be too much AssCreed. Hopefully they do that.

Hard to believe. But "revamping" the game would definitely pick my interest more than the nothing the last few titles were...

BiggNife

I certainly don't trust any 4chan posters claiming to be developers, but it would definitely be the right move for the franchise. Syndicate is a good game that got unfortunately shafted thanks to a combination of franchise fatigue and Unity shitting the bed.

Egypt would be a decent setting. Wonder if they'll drop the animus sync stuff. They haven't already have they?

They haven't dropped it but it's been much less emphasized than it used to. In what I've played of Syndicate all of that stuff has just been relegated to cutscenes in between sequences.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ubisoft won't pass up the opportunity to launch with the film. We are getting something, whether we like it or not.

Syndicate is a good game that got unfortunately shafted thanks to a combination of franchise fatigue and Unity shitting the bed.

I liked Syndicate, but it wasn't good enough to stop the franchise fatigue.

This would be amazing I completed every AC game minus Unity, I just couldn't get into it. With the GB talk about how good AC:Syndicate is I didn't want to fall further behind.

CHC

Sounds interesting but I have my reservations. I'm sure they'll just make a game set in the same time and place as the movie to cash in easily. Seems like a safe, Euro setting.

But I do buy Egypt as a potential setting, especially for a major revamp of the series. They'll probably spin it as an "origin story" and you'll play as the first assassin.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really hope so. The series could use a break, if only for a year. Even the trailer pitches couldn't interest me in Syndicate, and I didn't even hate Unity.

Top Bottom