• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4hour PS3 game - what do you recommend

P.Jack

I loved Bionic Commando Rearmed, but it's pretty hardcore/challenging. He/she is asking for not very challenging/frustrating games.
Yeah you might be right. I do remember them adding a easy mode post release but maybe it’s still challenging? Altough I’d argue it’s way easier than Hard Corps: Uprising..

Hades.

If roguelikes were never your cup of tea, this game might change that for you.

Only one I enjoy, and can definitely be enjoyed tremendously given your timeframe of free time.

Cant say you can complete it in 6 hours though.

Kdad

Hades.

If roguelikes were never your cup of tea, this game might change that for you.

Only one I enjoy, and can definitely be enjoyed tremendously given your timeframe of free time.

Cant say you can complete it in 6 hours though.
PS3?

Korso

Did Trine, thanks. Homefront is a could be,I've played all the single player COD up until they got Jetpacks (WTF). HIVE i've not heard of nor am i finding on a google search...did you mean HAZE?
I knew Hive sounded wrong... Yeah, I meant Haze.

Kdad

I knew Hive sounded wrong... Yeah, I meant Haze.
I thought HAZE was one of those game that you only played if you were getting paid to play it :) .... Might be worth a look haha. That mf never did get made for 360 after so much speculation that it was a timed exclusive.

DogofWar

So of those mentioned, I think RAIN might suit the bill today...though it was never part of PS+ so now I have to decide if i want o plunk down 15$ when I have scads of games I've never completed haha.

I did a search for 6hour games and 'The Swapper' came up...I have it on PSN already...any comments?

I beat The Swapper in one night at a friends place once. I still remember it to this day. Great and unique puzzle game with a very interesting story and ending. Highly recommended.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I've got today off, my sweetie can't come over, its snowing like hell so I'm locking down for the day.

I want to start and finish a game today, so looking for a PS3 game I can finish in 4 hours or so (up to 6).

I'm a slow player generally, and prefer single player story based games (Think your typical SONY cinematic games) definitely not into fast twitch games...

What recommendations would you have that will tell me a bit of a story, not be super hard/frustrating and that I can enjoy in a day?
Rain and tokyo jungle

nikeboy94

I'd recommend getting FEZ. Really enjoyed playing that on the PS3. It's a short indie game with a really great art style.

Kdad

So I'm half way through Swapper...did have to peek at the internet for 1sec to 'learn' the mechanic to progress... I have a hard time with concentration so couldn't make it through in one day...hope to finish it next weekend.

Will revisit ICO, GoW, I'll see if I have Prince of Persia and Fez, Portal and Dead Nation (I remember playing some of that)... thanks for the recommendations!

PooBone

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands can be finished in 4/5/6 hours or so & it was one of my own guilty pleasures back in the day. Amazing soundtrack (hello Steve Jablonski) & it's also pretty easy as well.

Oh that is a good one. Damn good platforming and totally underrated entry in the franchise.

Your day off is over but I'll reply anyway since this thread will be popping up in google search results years from now. My go to for a short game you can finish in an afternoon is always Spec Ops: the line. It's a wild ride and I actually think it was meant to be played fully in a day so you come out of it as exhausted and nauseated as you're supposed to. My other game is the first Portal. Fallout 1 is also a quick one-afternoon game, but on first playthrough you might spend much more time walking around and figuring out what you're supposed to do.

Top Bottom