• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4K] Just Cause 4 Analysis: Every Console Tested

Thiagosc777

X1X: dynamic res between 1080p and 2160p. Stays close to 30 fps. Best IQ of all.
PS4Pro: dynamic res between 1080p and 1440p. Best framerate of all, small difference to the X.
PS4: dynamic res between 720p and 1080p. Stays close to 30 fps.
X1: dynamic res between 720p and 900p. More performance dips.

Von Hugh

720p in almost 2019, great googly moogly.

Increased CPU horsepower of next-gen consoles can not come soon enough.

DonF

It doesn't matter that its almost 2019, its a 2013 console, specs haven't changed.

Also, Just cause is known for running like crap. Too bad they continue this shameful tradition.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ohhh paging mr person. 5...4...3...2...1...

Anyway, yeah, the pro performing smoother overall in some sample sets is good but the resolution advantage is massive.

I’ll again tell everybody that in a game as variable as this, the test results could have just as easily favoured the base Xbox out of all of them. You just can’t put money on it.

But if you’re getting this on X/Pro it looks like you’re in for a good time. PS4 not so much, and original Xbox... well... erm... yeah...

Codes 208

This shocks you? It’s the fact it’s almost 2019 with more gpu/cpu intensive games that should make 720p a given for a system that launched, already underpowered I might add, back in 2013

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So many lame comparisons doing the rounds these days you really should put DF in the thread title to show people this one's worth checking :p

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
JC games have the scope, but not the technical skills or budget to make it work smooth.

They want Lexus pizzazz, but have a Honda budget.

Caayn

The video that I've been waiting for after the very promising sneak peek PC video from last week.

It convinced me to buy the game. As it looks like a major upgrade coming from JC3.

It's just a shame that I'm away from home and I don't have access to my XB1X at the moment :(

Last edited:

GamesAreFun

Banned
It doesn't matter that its almost 2019, its a 2013 console, specs haven't changed.

Also, Just cause is known for running like crap. Too bad they continue this shameful tradition.
It doesn't run badly, it has a locked frame rate on even the base consoles. There aren't many other games with this amount of physics simulations.

Well done Avalanche Studios, impressive work. Dynamic resolution is a good compromise.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Game is fun, but I hate how they changed to take territories. I want to blow stuff up

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
+: Good to see that even the worst performer runs decent most of the time.
-: Those resolutions. But something has got to give to enable all that carnage. Avalanche apparently felt dynamic res was a good trade off.

You could also spin this in a more positive way: It has way more explosions, goddarn tornado's and the performance stays relatively good.

If you factor in the base hardwares, the result is quite remarkable in terms of feature set. The res is the biggest denominator among all the platforms.

961.gif

You should watch the video. It literally runs a lot better than JC3 ever did.

Tarkus98

Haven’t played it yet myself but watched my brother playing it last night for a bit of time. Honestly, I was surprised at how grainy everything looked. Appears there was no AA implemented and for some reason the game kept switching views from near over the shoulder to a further out viewpoint every time my brother switched weapons or went to view the map.
There were lots of other little differences from the past games that I actually believed a new developer took over for Avalanche.
Oh and the driving was terrible. Besides the rubbish handling the amount of blur and screen smearing happening whenever he turned left or right was shocking.
I keep asking him to go into the options thinking there had to be settings that could be adjusted but there was nothing that we could find. There was only controller mapping and gameplay adjustments like invert/normal for flying and an option for subtitles.
Please let me know if we are missing something, some settings somewhere.
Oh, he was on a 1080p TV and an original PS4.
Really, really disappointing as we both enjoyed the previous 3 games in the series.

Fbh

Seems like a big framerate improvement over 3 but it seems like aside from that it hasn't gotten better as a game

Top Bottom