• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 Chinese nationals caught taking images of Japanese University admission exams.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20191108/p2g/00m/0dm/064000c

OKYO (Kyodo) -- Five Chinese nationals including the head of a Tokyo cram school for Chinese-speaking students have been arrested for secretly taking images of Japanese university admission exams for foreigners, investigative sources said Friday.

Ding Bin, the 36-year-old school president of MK Education & Technology Co., and four compatriots including school employees, are suspected of conspiring to obstruct the business of the Japan Student Services Organization, a government-linked organization that administers the national standardized test.

One of the group members allegedly took the test under a fake name and used camera-equipped eyeglasses to capture images of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students in Tokyo on June 16.

The exam, held twice a year, evaluates the Japanese language proficiency and the basic academic abilities of international students who wish to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other higher education institutions in Japan.

The most recent examples of exams are not made publically available and the group was apparently attempting to build a larger dataset of questions to give the school a competitive advantage, the sources said.

Some 31,000 people took the exam this June, and more than 60 percent of the examinees in Japan were Chinese nationals, according to the administrator.

As a bonus for reading this thread, have a laugh by watching these clips from the Japanese movie "That's Cunning!"

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
So are these individuals looking to sell the information for personal profit or is this more state sponsored spying by the Chinese? Cameras hidden in glasses sound kind of high tech and expensive.

Estellex

How come China have so much notoriety for cheating, while their east-Asian counterparts have to work just as hard and doesn't have that kind of reputation?

DESTROYA

Given there propensity to steal ip‘s and have virtually no backlash this taking whatever you want or need for your own mentality is going to backfire big time one day, you can’t lie, cheat and steal your way to success long term.

How come China have so much notoriety for cheating, while their east-Asian counterparts have to work just as hard and doesn't have that kind of reputation?
Chinese cheater killed my ass in PUBG in the past and I got so irritated by it I decided to look into it

Saw a post by some Chinese dude on Reddit saying that in their culture all that is valued is the prize, not how or if it is earned

They tell children stories of the imaginary successful other kid from another family to pressure their own kids into achieving success themselves with integrity thrown under the bus

Be titled winner, #1, the best, etc. at any cost

eot

Banned
Maybe it's a relic from the one child policy, where a family's entire hopes were placed on their one child, and they have to do whatever it takes to get somewhere in life, come hell or high water.

Ownage

Chinese cheater killed my ass in PUBG in the past and I got so irritated by it I decided to look into it

Saw a post by some Chinese dude on Reddit saying that in their culture all that is valued is the prize, not how or if it is earned

They tell children stories of the imaginary successful other kid from another family to pressure their own kids into achieving success themselves with integrity thrown under the bus

Be titled winner, #1, the best, etc. at any cost
This mentality may get you near the top but won't be sustainable.

Top Bottom