• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 new screenshots of HAZE

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just got these from Ubisoft.

1081_0001.jpg

1081_0002.jpg

1081_0003.jpg

1081_0004.jpg

1081_0005.jpg

[Nintex]

Do I see a mongoose and Warthog in there?
It looks better than I expected, the gameplay should be great, this is FRD after all :D

Every pic but the fourth one makes me go :(. Textures please. And not even an attempt at trying not be generic?

Hopefully the gameplay will be tuned properly and the story will pan-out in a unique fashion.

edit: fourth one make me go :(, too, upon a closer look.

Fox

Banned
omg... i see warthog for three people, mongoose for two people...
even the name, HAze is clearly inspired to HAlo.

what a shame :lol

White Man

I've liked every major Free Radical game, and I've watched vids of this and mildly followed its development, but this one isn't doing much for me. I guess some people criticized them for their stylistic approach to characters in games past, but it's like they traded in their distinctive designs in order to make the most generic looking FPS of the year (it is still this year, right?).

I'm sure it will play alright, but the looks are a big part of an FPS. I might be waiting til a lull in releases or the bargain bin to nab this one. There have just been too many tasty shooters as of late for me to get excited over one that doesn't have its own distinctive identity.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
f@luS said:
ive seen these screens 3 days ago i think
Could be, Ubisoft France just send these to us (like 10 minutes ago) as new, so I didn't bother looking elsewhere.

Oh and release is at the end of November.

haowan

glaurung said:
Heh, bullshots for the win.

Looks nice though.

I'm sensing some bullshine here too. Especially the 3rd co-op one, but also because of the selective motion blur on the wheels - why no blur in the fourth shot? Yeah, I guess they could hav ejust been taken at different points in development, but... hm

edit: ohoho and the added sparks in the fourth shot

Brashnir

haowan said:
I'm sensing some bullshine here too. Especially the 3rd co-op one, but also because of the selective motion blur on the wheels - why no blur in the fourth shot? Yeah, I guess they could hav ejust been taken at different points in development, but... hm

edit: ohoho and the added sparks in the fourth shot

It could just be that the vehicle is stopped or moving slowly in that shot.

IronicallyTwisted said:
This looks pretty Halo-esque. A little too halo-esque.

Yep. When i saw the first shot (espacially the weapon), i said "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME!", and then i saw the vehicles :/
I might buy this game for Co-op (if the reviews and GAF Impressions are good).

HUD could do with a little more transparency.

Warthog feels a little too beat up, sure make it thrashed on one side but having the entire thing completely wasted like that isn't particularly fitting with the rest of the World. Looks like a bad glossy PC case mod on wheels.
Conversely that quad feels flat and lifeless.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This game is missing all the charm that made Timesplitters so awesome. Thank god for the new Timesplitters.

Oh and that shot looks like its from the PC version on the lowest possible settings.

Looks pretty nice. I'm always up for some vehicular-combat.

This is also for Xbox 360...right..? I can be interested about this game...can I..?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Project Midway said:
Looks pretty nice. I'm always up for some vehicular-combat.

This is also for Xbox 360...right..? I can be interested about this game...can I..?

Yes, but add a month or three to the mild anticipation.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Borys said:
Kinda similiar.

1081_0004.jpg

HAZELOL.PNG

Halo definitely looks better

1.it looks cleaner

2.simple art style

3.deeper colours

4.insert halo propaganda here

5.insert halo propaganda here

Borys

Banned
dogmaan said:
Halo definitely looks better

1.it looks cleaner

2.simple art style

3.insert halo propaganda here

4.insert halo propaganda here

I'm no Halo lover, dude. I just thought it looks similiar.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Laugh all you want. AA is going to show up and take care of you. In particular those who used the term "generic".

Fox

Banned
regrib said:
so no other games are allowed to have either buggies, jeeps or quads in them because they are used in the Halo games?

simpy, they're embarassing IDENTICAL.

This one looks pretty interesting. I'll look into it more once there's a demo on PSN, but I'm not too sure without hands-on.

Too many games coming out this year for me to rely on possibility. Pocketbook's kinda short. :D

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
regrib said:
so no other games are allowed to have either buggies, jeeps or quads in them because they are used in the Halo games?

or guns, or .....textures

seriously though that halo shot looks really bad, is that running on a 486 or something?

Lobster

Banned
dogmaan said:
or guns, or .....textures

seriously though that halo shot looks really bad, is that running on a 486 or something?

Thats how Halo CE looks now..on PC..I actually think it holds up well... On PC.

adelante

regrib said:

Not when the developers themselves have been vocally against Halo. And they came up with THAT?? :lol

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Lobster said:
Thats how Halo CE looks now..on PC..I actually think it holds up well... On PC.

The version of Halo I have got looks better than that.

that tree could be an advert for MMX

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Pharmacy said:
I wish you people would stop fucking turning Haze threads into Halo ones

Repeat after me:

"Ha-ze-lo"

(I am actually looking forward to haze, im just a cynical bastard)

Top Bottom