• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5-year-old becomes the youngest sponsored Twitch streamer, and youngest Call of Duty World League player.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Where are you when we need you Jack Thompson ?
Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

Dad: "What's your favourite part of the game, son"?

Son: "Hmmmm...I like it when the man go boom and that and his legs fly off and stuff and his head explodes".

Dad: "Me too, it's great"

Last edited:

Mephisto40

I can't see that lasting very long considering he's not even old enough to play Call Of Duty

All it's going to take is for this kid to get in trouble with the law when he's older and this will be prime real estate for all the people blaming violence on video games

Last edited:

Rykan

I'm so glad so many posters here are speaking up for this poor child.
I can't even begin to imagine what he must go through while he *checks notes* ...plays video games?

Give me a fucking break. People are so against anyone having a childhood that differs even remotely from the norm. If all goes well, this kid is on track to become a millionaire by playing video games. How dare his parents allow that when he should have a "normal childhood" and be on track to work a regular 9 - 5 job so he can barely pay his rent, like the other kids!

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I'm so glad so many posters here are speaking up for this poor child.
I can't even begin to imagine what he must go through while he *checks notes* ...plays video games?

Give me a fucking break. People are so against anyone having a childhood that differs even remotely from the norm. If all goes well, this kid is on track to become a millionaire by playing video games. How dare his parents allow that when he should have a "normal childhood" and be on track to work a regular 9 - 5 job so he can barely pay his rent, like the other kids!
Joke post or you’re drunk?

Mephisto40

Interesting how weird this all is when you actually do some research into it

His twitch channel appears to have 4 followers and he has streamed nothing on it

Article reports he's 5 years old, he's actually closer to ten years old (Not that this makes things any better)

He's got 1 million subscribers on youtube, and his channel is clearly ran by his parents, who are most likely cashing in on the whole thing. His parents are also plastered all over his channel

By "Youngest call of duty league player" what they actually mean is he's played the COD League mode on the game, and he's not actually sponsored by them in any way. They've even gone to the lengths of posting pictures of him in COD sponsorship gear when he's not even able to get a sponsor due to his age

And the original article is now missing, i'm guessing that was probably paid for by the people managing him

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
What the fuck this is horrible, where are the online cancellations from Reee on this matter when you need them crazy sons of bitches

BbMajor7th

Interesting how weird this all is when you actually do some research into it

His twitch channel appears to have 4 followers and he has streamed nothing on it

Article reports he's 5 years old, he's actually closer to ten years old (Not that this makes things any better)

He's got 1 million subscribers on youtube, and his channel is clearly ran by his parents, who are most likely cashing in on the whole thing. His parents are also plastered all over his channel

By "Youngest call of duty league player" what they actually mean is he's played the COD League mode on the game, and he's not actually sponsored by them in any way. They've even gone to the lengths of posting pictures of him in COD sponsorship gear when he's not even able to get a sponsor due to his age

And the original article is now missing, i'm guessing that was probably paid for by the people managing him
Good sleuthin' - all sounds pretty despicable to be honest.

This is child labor, there are real world laws against this.

Pretty much, the parent gets the money and runs a sponsored channel he signed using his sons name and person for the grift, while getting into contact with other Twitch sponsored streamers to stream which Twitch is aware of, and many people seem to be find with this, all while playing a violent rated M game to line the dads pockets from earnings and donations as the kid gets nothing and thinks it's fun. For now.

Smokken

Banned
Kids are raised by phones and tablets these days. A kid spending most of their time with his face in a screen is normal.
Normal doesn't mean healthy though. Notice how depression and mental issues are through the roof lately. In general terms that is, not just gaming related. The influx of social media for instance has ruined a whole generation of kids, and probably lots of adults as well. Narcissism is the new plague.

Idc about a 5 year old playing cod. I beat MGS at 7…a 5 year old in the spotlight under a exploitative company? Shouldn’t be allowed. We need an age limit on sponsorships. Kids should just be kids.

He´ll be a multi millionaire from this and live his entire life in luxury for having played a video game as a child.

What a poor kid.

spinfive

Banned
5 YEARS OLD

Is that not breaking the rules? It's not safe at all doesn't matter if the parents are behind closed doors or not :messenger_neutral:

This is child abuse
5 year old kid playing 18+ year old game on twitch (how the fuck is a 5 year old allowed to stream an 18+ game on twitch )
There is soo much wrong in this

Wow....What a sad story, a kid of 5 years playing a Mature game (rating), and a company sponsoring this...

I let my daughter play some games, but I do pay attention to what she plays. I am playing God Of War Ragnarok, and if she comes to the room, I told her it is not a game she can see, and she leaves.

What is the point of a rating if they can use it to wipe their ass with it? This is pure negligence of the dad, and more playing it online with racism, bad language, and the rest of which a kid should not be exposed.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
If the twitch sponsorship is true, this is worse than all those gambling streams.
"Oh no poor kids going to earn millions etc"
Look up children exploited by parents for fame/fortune before only thinking about money, these kids can be treated pretty terribly by their parents.

This has to be criminal right?

They have been doing this for awhile look at the account, Good luck hoping any action will be taken. Seems that Twitch is already aware and people had already complained but it's just brushed aside. Most people appear to be fine with this which I find just a bit concerning.

TheGrat1

The kid is apparently 8, not 5. I am not really going to pass judgement on exposing a child that young to a mature game that they like. I was playing Rainbow Six when I was 9 or 10 years old and watching The Matrix unedited. It did not fuck me up. I understood it was fantasy and had no problem consuming other age appropriate content at the same time. Hopefully this kid is not predisposed to some kind of psychosis and his parents can put everything in context for him, as well as making sure he knows he can quit at any time with no pressure.

In fact, yes, because it is exposing aggressive images and they use it for lucrative purposes.

Aggressive images are not illegal, selling things to children with the consent of their parents isn't either, and the US Supreme court has ruled that violent video games are free speech. If a parent chooses to let their child play and watch violent media, that is on them. We can call them stupid and immoral sure but they're not breaking the law.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Aggressive images are not illegal, selling things to children with the consent of their parents isn't either, and the US Supreme court has ruled that violent video games are free speech. If a parent chooses to let their child play and watch violent media, that is on them. We can call them stupid and immoral sure but they're not breaking the law.
In fact, the child is being exploited for profit through the use of streaming, which leads to the use of a violent video game, which is also for people over 18 years of age..

In fact, the child is being exploited for profit through the use of streaming, which leads to the use of a violent video game, which is also for people over 18 years of age..

What part about none of those things being illegal are you not understanding? The argument has already played out plenty of times in our legal system, most famously during the heyday of OG Doom and Mortal Combat, and has been directly addressed by the US' Supreme Court. Video games regardless of violence are considered protected free speech in the US and a video game's ERSB rating is a suggestion to consumers, not legal binding in anyway

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What part about none of those things being illegal are you not understanding? The argument has already played out plenty of times in our legal system, most famously during the heyday of OG Doom and Mortal Combat, and has been directly addressed by the US' Supreme Court. Video games regardless of violence are considered protected free speech in the US and a video game's ERSB rating is a suggestion to consumers, not legal binding in anyway
Are he being a Streamer and earning items and money?

Doczu

Disgusting. The kid should not be exploted as a streamer, even if feels he wants to do it. Stupid parents trying to make a buck on him.

Also Call of Duty? FFS there are tons of games kids could play at gis age, but the parents choose a military fps 😐

The kid is apparently 8, not 5. I am not really going to pass judgement on exposing a child that young to a mature game that they like. I was playing Rainbow Six when I was 9 or 10 years old and watching The Matrix unedited. It did not fuck me up. I understood it was fantasy and had no problem consuming other age appropriate content at the same time. Hopefully this kid is not predisposed to some kind of psychosis and his parents can put everything in context for him, as well as making sure he knows he can quit at any time with no pressure.
U playing r6 at 9 and him being exploited by his parents at 5,8 or whatever his age is is big difference.

Fuz

Banned
I'm completely unable to do any streaming or content creation. My plans of easy riches have been thwarted by my incapacity.

I need a child. I should have thought of it before.

Any of you guys has a (hot) sister in Italy?

Last edited:
Is this even legal?

I'm definitely not against kids gaming at that age or playing games like COD, but making them a streamer or compete in e-sports is something else.

Top Bottom