• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50% Extra Credit on Trade-Ins at GameStop 9/23-25

rj118

TqXHEpx.jpg

Must be a basic or Pro rewards member. Pro members get 60% extra credit.

On mobile, sell my account for extra trade in credit if old.

Pastry

Banned
I was planning on trading some stuff in when I got BF1 so I guess I'll do it this weekend. Overwatch, Uncharted 4 and Battlefront. Should get some decent money for that.

These always come up when I never have anything to sell. Most people end up hauling a fuckton of credit, so it's great to capitalize on. While trade in values will naturally decrease as more product is brought in across the stores, you still end up on top most of the time.

Huh. I was thinking about upgrading my XBO to the XBO S. Doubtful it works on systems, but I have my Kinect and I'd probably get one of the bundles and trade in either of the games.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Good stuff always happen when I'm away on vacation with no access to my games or one of their stores. Lol.

Hmm debating trading in Uncharted 4 but I don't want to miss out on single player DLC. Leaning towards rolling the dice in hopes that the DLC will be a standalone download like Left Behind.

Maybe I need to get finished with Deus Ex this weekend after all if GS is going to give me $44 for it to put down on FF XV. However, I'm going to see if that trade value drops tomorrow.

PMS341

Trade values absolutely drop before these kind of "deals". Happens almost ever year. I was an ASM for almost 8 years and it was the same each time.

"Benefiting the customer" and "Gamestop" rarely go together.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Depends on the title but sometimes you can come out ahead. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. You still usually get a fee dollars more for your tiv despite them lowering base tiv.

I got $6 for ssf4 a few months back and most places would offer you cents.

shanafan

I was planning on trading some stuff in when I got BF1 so I guess I'll do it this weekend. Overwatch, Uncharted 4 and Battlefront. Should get some decent money for that.

Overwatch and Uncharted 4 sure, but not Battlefront. The game is under $20 brand new everywhere.

You want the best return for your games? Sell those fuckers privately.

Of course. I used to go to GameStop because of the convenience, but only very recently, I've been using eBay and having a good time. Got all of the money I spent on the No Man's Sky CE back because I took the time to make an ad! GameStop was the way I used to get games when I was younger and had no way of an income, so I do appreciate them existing!

Heres what you do, find games you want to trade in today, check the prices NOW.

Tomorrow check the prices again and see what changed and if its still worth it.

60% is the highest they've ever given on trades so I imagine that things will likely drop quite a bit but generally you still come out ahead by quite a bit... Some titles however don't drop at all and you get crazy amounts for, I remember when Brawl came out they did the 50% and it didn't drop from the 30$ base they were originally offering so I got 45$ for it.

Work the system, don't let it work you.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Debating about trading in the copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X I picked up at the Target clearance. I doubt I'll ever put the time into it that it demands.

We'll see what the tiv is tomorrow.

Hero

While the majority of values do drop, promotions like this are still profitable if you do research.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yup. I use GameStop's convenient trade-in and in-store credit to purchase their Amazon gift cards and then buy what I want off Amazon for a better deal.

I've got bad news for you. No more Amazon.

You'd have to spring for a Visa GC, which dings you like $6 at purchase.

I believe they have eBay cards if that helps. I often buy Steam cards anymore.

Hmm..this would be a good time to trade in my launch DS4 for one of those newer ones I guess.

I don't think I'm going to trade up to the PS4 Pro, so getting rid of the controller for the new model of it in a different color seems like a good idea. Have they tanked the TIV for DS4's yet?

NMFried

I was looking to upgrade to a PS4 Slim soon anyway.

Will be trading in some games and controllers (and my OG PS4 and X1). Will hopefully break even.

Arttemis

Darn, I was hoping this applied to consoles. I'm really looking to exchange my PS4 for a Pro. Anything above $150 will do it.

Top Bottom