• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games. 1 Year. 2020.

Wozzer

yGwETlJ.png

A thread for people that are trying to play 52 games in a year. Tell us how you're doing and what you are going to play next - claim a post and update us on your progress.

mAFJrYT.png

How do I take part?
Claim a post (you may need two later). Write down each game and your thoughts about each one. In order to allow for yearly statistics please list your completions, using the following exact format using a spoiler block, somewhere on your main posts;

[SPOILER="All completions!"] 1. Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube (PC) | 4th Jan - 12hrs | 3/5 2. Snipperclips (Switch) | 6th Jan - 5hrs | 5/5 3. Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC) | 12th Jan - 4.2hrs | 4/5 [/SPOILER]

What goes before/after the above spoiler block doesn't matter, so please feel free to go excessive and extravagant with personalized list, image and review formats as usual!

If you only provide the game title that is fine, but please follow the format as show (<number>. <title> (<platform>) | <date> - <hours> | <score/5>) where giving details. Mistakes will make the parser unhappy and may mean your data gets skipped. If you're giving scores, please try to adopt/translate into a scaling system out of 5 (sorry if this is painful).

What is the benefit of the spoiler block living in my post?
If there's enough utilization of the format across posts I'll use it to populate statistics to share such as what game's are most played, enjoyed, loathed, average completions, hours completing, etc. The world together will be ours.

Anything new this year?
Those that beat the challenge last year will remain in the Hall of Fame, for eternal glory, and further yearly completions will see their medal increment as a badge of honor for long term backlog-beating consistency.

How do I know when I've completed a game?
That's up to you, it could be completing the game or playing 3hrs+ if it has no ending or is a MP game. You can do replays, as long as all the games are completed in 2019.

Do I have to record time?
No, though most platforms (Steam, Xbox, Nintendo, etc) will now do it for free!

Do I have to review or comment on the games I complete?
Not required but very much welcomed. A few words and maybe a quick score does wonders to share your impressions with other users as you go. Full blown mini-reviews aren't necessary.

Do episodic games count as a single game or X amount of games?
That's up to you. It's alright to count something like Life is Strange as one or five games. Your choice.

Can I finish a game I started in 1998 and count that?
Yes.

What should I do once I've completed the challenge?
Shoot me a DM with a link to your post that shows all the games you've completed. I'll make you thread famous.

Do board games count?
They do not. Vidya games only in here.

What are those medal icons I see on avatars?
That's the 52 Games Challenge Medal, achieved by beating the challenge on a given year. The number within the medal represents each year you've beaten the challenge since 2018. That's right, consistency and commitment comes with glorious numerical rewards.

Woah that medal is super cool, can I get one for my full sized avatar?
It's awesome you want to rep the thread, so sure here's a version you can slap on!

Is there a deadline?
t1609487700z4.png

7z7xZJt.png

Archive: 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 (shout out to jshackles jshackles as the prior host)

IFQpdK1.png

The brave individuals that overcome the challenge for 2020;

And below are the legacy participants who haven't (yet) overcome the challenge this year (disclaimer: I only pulled the last two years, as I'm unsure who is still active beyond that);

Re1CLvV.png
pK9SmRE.png
kI1Dzdq.png
X2zZAQz.png

Here lists those that have risen to the challenge during this or prior years! If you see yourself beating the challenge, please remember to send me a DM with your post once you’re done!

Last edited:

Wozzer

Good luck folks, may your completions be many ^_^!

6uOHz5V.png

oZQZwKq.png

Ia3NYQ8.png

7Y2HYvj.png

OhhuOU4.png

tF2AfQr.png

McDjXjd.png

9CbtUk6.png

8IklqED.png

HFwikrP.png

7WwVsNw.png

FZHe530.png

l5NQfKc.png

4vAsTd6.png

1c9lVJe.png

gB4QOGj.png

T1laURP.png

YOKNDd5.png

rvfAmHD.png

W9CMFVu.png

tH2P4un.png

AhCorop.png

BgX4GSr.png

m8mkEpZ.png

bl5OecB.png

40ZBnMz.png

FlTGsQd.png

TiQhzke.png

rCnlWcE.png

IvxlbbY.png

gdIhVaM.png

VjFRVax.png

6eiCVwA.png

exfh8Bo.png

yBBszJP.png

Iudj9tS.png

rLUrWdO.png

UDQiOFd.png

CGr1C5N.png

AW0RIfl.png

BP0KSqO.png

1YUGX0W.png

2Nd31Bm.png

0fiWZef.png

8O1U908.png

PgM17Lm.png

J8xyaz1.png

ZItmo9A.png

ctQ7qkR.png

xFo4gTD.png

... since no more than 50 images;

51. Fall Guys (4/5) - Aug 5th (10hrs)
52. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (5/5) - Aug 11th (12hrs)
53. The Banner Saga (4/5) - Aug 28th (10hrs)
54. No Man's Sky (4/5) - Aug 31 (60hrs)
55. Among Us (4/5) - Sep 11 (30hrs)
56. Kentucky Route Zero (3/5) - Sep 28 (12hrs)
57. Hades (5/5) - Oct 4 (10hrs)
58. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (3/5) - Oct 14 (10hrs)
59. Sea of Thieves (4/5) - Oct 16 (40hrs)
60. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (3/5) - Nov 6 (15hrs)
61. Jet Set Radio (3/5) - Nov 5 (6hrs)
62. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (4/5) - Nov 23 (20hrs)
63. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (5/5) - Nov 30 (41hrs)

Last edited:

Nester99

Ready for 2020!
Hit 38 last year so getting closer !

01) Jan 01 Ryse: Son of Rome
02) Jan 23 Dark Souls 2
03) Feb 14 Frost Punk
04) Feb 20 Yakuza 0
05) Mar 09 Steam World Heist

06) Apr 04 Power Rangers: Battle of the Grid
07) Apr 14 Greedfall
08) May 03 Faster Than Light
09) May 05 Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Part 1
10) May 19 Chrono Trigger

11) May 23 Untitled Goose Game
12) May 25 Streets of Rage 4
13) July 12 Xenoblade Chronicles 2
14) Aug 08 Shantae: Half Genie Hero
15) Aug 20 Ghost of Tsushima

16) Oct 11 Hades
17) Nov 07 Golf Story
18) Dec 11 Assassins Creed Valhalla
19) Dec 26 Immortals Fenyx Rising
20) Dec 27 Monster Train

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Claiming my spot for 2020. Hope I'll do better than last year (only made it to 43!).

Part 2

Game 1 - Bloons TD6 - PC Steam - Completed Jan 24th, 2020
I've played this game before on my phone and I liked it well enough. Sometimes I just want to play a game that's simple enough that my PC can absolutely crush it and give me 300+ FPS and I figured this was that game. After about 10 hours though, it became readily apparent that this PC port was made with the intention of extracting micro-transaction payments from it's players rather than just trying to be fun. 1/5

Game 2 - Gal*Gun: Double Peace - PlayStation Vita - Completed Jan 26th, 2020
I'd heard both good and bad things about this game, and all of it seemed pretty controversial. So I decided to see what all the fuss was about. So imagine, if you will, someone created an on-rails shooter where the main character basically has the gun from Orgazmo - and now you know the plot essentials. Basically, you run around your school giving as many girls orgasms as possible. In the game it's called euphoria but any sane and rational person would know what's really going on. The game's subtitle, Double Peace, is a reference to when you successfully activate Doki-Doki mode and give the girl a kind of super-orgasm which causes them to throw up two peace signs with both their hands and get covered flowers. Which then activates a sort of bomb that causes every other girl on the screen to orgasm at once. Yes this game is weird and I doubt I'm even doing it justice. I'm glad I got to experience this so that I at least know what other people are talking about now when they reference this game.

Game 3 - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - PlayStation Vita - Completed Feb 2nd, 2020
I had played this lovely Castlevania 3 NES throwback title back when it first released, but I wanted to play it again after playing through last year's Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and loving it to pieces. Now that I had a better understanding of the characters and their motivations, I found this game to be a lot more fun. I also originally played it on the big screen, on Xbox, and now playing it on the Vita I feel like it's the perfect handheld game. I also found this run through the game much easier than my last attempt unless it's just been a few years and my memory is fuzzy, I seemed to have a lot of trouble with the final boss last time. This time, I aced it on the first go. Despite being a kickstarter tier unlock reward, this game is surprisingly awesome and a great nostalgia trip!

Game 4 - Star Ocean: First Departure R - Nintendo Switch - Completed Feb 7th, 2020
I liked this game quite a bit but felt it was a bit of a letdown considering all the hype it had and how many people love the SNES original and PSP remake. The portraits were a thousand percent better in this release, and the voice acting was very nice as well. The story was interesting (until the end) and progressed nicely, but I definitely feel like I missed out on a TON of stuff. I guess that's the point? I took a detour in the middle of the game to cheese all of my main characters up to level 100, so that was fun I suppose. The skill system in this game is absolutely broken but it was a lot of fun to exploit. Overall I'd say this was a fun adventure but largely forgettable.

Game 5 - Sayonara Wild Hearts - Nintendo Switch - Completed Feb 9th, 2020
This game was absolutely brilliant on a few different levels. It worked well as a disjointed story of heartbreak and recovery (artistic, basically) but also worked well in that it was an arcade racer / shooter / score attack / collection of mini-games that were all surprisingly varied and a lot of fun. The overall mechanics of the game, as they were slowly introduced, were surprisingly consistent between levels which is saying a lot considering the game seems to seamlessly flip genres. The music in this game was really incredible and seemed perfectly timed for the action - very well done and a unique experience to be sure. I wish the game were a bit longer (it only took me just shy of two hours to complete) but other than that this was a great experience. However, I can't help but wonder how much of my $13 purchase went to paying Queen Latifah.

Game 6 - Home - PlayStation Vita - Completed Feb 9th, 2020
I've had this (short) game in my back log for a while now and decided it'd be a good time to tackle it. I remember it being pretty well received here a few years back when it released, but other than that I went into the experience blind. The game is like an old-school point and click adventure game, but it's also a side-scrolling horror title. The interesting thing was that the game seemed to react to just about every action / inaction that I took, which made the game's mystery pretty compelling overall. While on the surface it looked pretty simple, the game had a surprising depth to it and some interesting twists. I'd recommend it as a quick and short, but fun, experience.

Game 7 - Final Fantasy XI - PC - Completed Feb 11th, 2020
After 83 hours, my son and I finally finished the main campaign of Final Fantasy XI. We didn't do much of the DLC / expansion content although I did unlock a few of the expansion classes. I ended up with a level 66 Paladin / 33 Dancer, which was a great combo and a lot of fun. The game's super archaic PS2 era graphics and systems took a bit to get over at first but once we did it was pretty smooth sailing as the gameplay itself is punishing but shines. We mostly followed quest guides on the online wikis because everything about the progression in this game is more convoluted than Castlevania 2. We also found a vintage paperback guide from 2003 that was a fun read. Overall, this was an amazing experience to share a bit of gaming history with my son and for us to strategize about our party builds while doing dishes or he would text me about it while I was at work. That alone made this a truly unforgettable experience for me.

Game 8 - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - PC Steam - Completed Feb 17th, 2020
For about two months now, my son and I have been playing Final Fantasy XIV again and we just completed the Heavensward expansion. The story and setting were both top notch, along with the game's great music. It's been a few years since we finished the original campaign as well as the quests between it and Heavensward, but we watched a "catch up" video on Youtube to jog our memories then we were off to the races. Rather than continue on with our same classes, we decided to start new classes so I became a white mage and he chose bard. Thankfully as a white mage, most of our duty registrations were near instantaneous. Now my white mage is level 66 at the end of this campaign, so I'll likely stick with it until I hit level 80. Overall, this game is an amazing experience whose only downside is really the monthly fee to play.

Game 9 - Untitled Goose Game - Nintendo Switch - Completed Feb 23rd, 2020
I have to say, I don't understand the love and praise this game got last year. I found the game to be an absolutely frustrating experience overall. The goose was cute and was animated well, but the tanky controls combined with the game's stealth mechanics just didn't mesh very well in my opinion. The list of things to do was at times incredibly obtuse and I'll admit I had to look up guides online more than a few times to figure out what exactly I was supposed to do / what the guide was even referring to. The end sequence of the game was like nails on a chalkboard for me, I almost gave up at that point. Overall I'd say I just didn't "get" it maybe.

Game 10 - Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition - Nintendo Switch - Completed Feb 23rd, 2020
This game is a lot more shallow than it seemed to me back when it was on the Sega CD. I guess with modern games and their expansive choices it's easy to see how a little this game actually offers although on the outset it seems like a solid premise. To be fair, it's one of the better FMV games of a bygone era insomuch that it actually has gameplay associated with it. Find the bad guys, spring a trap on the bad guys, wait for the good guys to say what color code they're going to use, then change the color at the appropriate time. Miss too many bad guys or don't spring the trap at the right time, and it's game over. In a way, it's a lot like Dragon's Lair but with more steps. It took me a few run-throughs of the game before I got a hang of the controls and such on the Switch version. Still pretty fun for the nostalgia sake (and girls in sports bras!) but otherwise pretty lame by most modern standards.

Game 11 - Gato Roboto - Nintendo Switch - Completed Mar 1st, 2020
Another game from last year's Switch backlog! I picked this up last year because I heard it was quite good - and I wasn't let down. The game is a tightly focused monochromatic Metroidvania that gives out power-ups like they're candy. The whole game took me a little under 3 hours to complete which felt exactly right for the game's $8 price tag. The game had an interesting twist on the Metroid formula in that you could get out of your mech suit and walk around as a cat, an ability that you could use to fit into tighter spaces or to traverse water. This had some brutally difficult bosses that required me to actually think about their movement patterns and time my attacks accordingly. The game reminded me a lot of Metroid II for the Game Boy although it was shorter. Overall, a highly recommended experience.

Game 12 - Braveland: Wizard - Nintendo Switch - Completed Mar 8th, 2020
I played the first game in the Braveland trilogy and liked it well enough, but found certain aspects of the game pretty daunting. Braveland: Wizard fixed most of the issues I had with the first game and overall made it a much more enjoyable experience. While by no means perfect, this game retained a lot of the charm of the first title but gave some much-needed "quality of life" improvements such as repeating dungeons and a "spell book" mechanic that was an interesting twist. While the plot was still pretty basic, it was at least enough to keep me interested for the few hours it took me to finish the game.

Game 13 - Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - PC Steam - Completed Mar 13th, 2020
This is the first new game of 2020 that I've played / beat. Overall I'd say I really enjoyed it - it had a decent enough story for a Diablo-like game, and the skill and passive system was really really really well done. I found a nice balance of loot on my adventure (though maybe not as many legendary or unique items as I would have hoped for) that kept my character kicking ass almost the entire way through the game. The bosses were tough-as-nails difficult but I liked that because it made me switch up my strategies quite a bit and think about what I was actually doing. I ended the game at level 45 so a bit over the recommended level which I believe was 42. I used the Bladestorm skill to absolutely wreck everything I touched. I'm looking forward to playing the end game / endless content mode this offers, it looks really well laid out.

Game 14 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation Vita - Completed Mar 14th, 2020
I decided to start playing Crisis Core (which I have started before, but never finished) and run through it before the Final Fantasy 7 remake comes out, and I've accomplished that goal. The game was a lot better than I had originally gave it credit for, even though a lot of the game's systems were really weird. I loved Zack's story, his interactions with Aerith (though Cessnei best girl) and in general just seeing how most of the Zack back story played out overall. The DMW spin wheel was a pretty terrible idea and really broke up battles, and leveling up randomly was stupid, but other than that I really enjoyed it. Awesome seeing the opening sequence as done in the PSP style after the credits, since it's great to see how far graphics have come since then. Excellent, excellent game.

Game 15 - Braveland: Pirate - Nintendo Switch - Completed Mar 19th, 2020
The final game in the Braveland Trilogy, Braveland Pirate feels a lot more fleshed out than the other two. In fact, the other two games almost feel like tutorial levels to this game, as it was about twice as long as the other entries and didn't just end when it started getting good. The combat system was largely unchanged, but the units in this game had a bit better variety and more dynamic special abilities. The game got rid of it's linear map in favor of having different islands you can sail to, which really minimized the needless backtracking that was required in the other two games. My only complaint was that a fair number of the enemies in this game were just reused from the previous ones, but it's hard to take off too many points for that, considering on the Switch the games are sold as a set and I easily got my $8 worth from when I bought this on sale last year.

Game 16 - Final Fantasy XIV: Dragonsong War - PC Steam - Completed Mar 19th, 2020
I've put another 70 hours into Final Fantasy XIV to complete the missions that happen between Heavensward and Stormblood, otherwise known as The Dragonsong War quest lines. While not focusing on the main quest my son and I were leveling up our characters, doing our daily duty roulette, and tons and tons of side missions. My white mage is now level 71 - only 9 levels away from maximum! We have a long ways to go in the main story still, and I'm still loving the game immensely. I'll probably pause my subscription in April though to take on Final Fantasy VII R and Trials of Mana.

Game 17 - 198x - Nintendo Switch - Completed Mar 29th, 2020
This game was such a mixed bag for me. On one hand, the pixel art was amazingly well done and the music was also incredible. The games themselves were fun and varied, and took me back to the days of playing my NES. The story though - holy cow was it bad. Maybe the ending of the game will lend itself to a sequel in which we will find out more about the main character, but as it was presented here it's just a total hot mess. Some of the games were really great but some had some pretty punishing difficulty (again, a product of it's time for a lot of these genre tributes) so that's something to keep in mind if you're averse to that sort of gameplay loop of dying / starting over. Seriously though, the story kinda ruined the game and the narrator was just so depressed and morose - so if that was your experience of the 1980s you'll probably like it more than I did. For me, the 80s were rad and and a lot of fun so I didn't quite click with this.

Game 18 - The Complex - Nintendo Switch - Completed Apr 2nd, 2020
What better way to stay in quarantine than to play The Complex? I heard pretty good buzz about this game and had a couple of hours to kill. While the movie portions were pretty cheesy (only slightly higher caliber than Asylum films) I really enjoy cheesy FMV games so I didn't mind that so much. This is the typical "your choices matter" / "choose your own adventure" type game, very similar to Late Shift. While I didn't feel the ending I got was particularly satisfying (there are 8 in total!), the game overall was an enjoyable experience with good character development. Worth picking up if you're in the mood for a way to turn your brain off for a while and have $13 to burn.

Game 19 - Cadence of Hyrule: Octavo's Ode - Nintendo Switch - Completed Apr 5th, 2020
I loved Cadence of Hyrule and I saw they added a new mode to the game (Octavo's Ode) so I figured I would check it out. While initially it was much easier than playing as Link, by the end of the game it was significantly more difficult with the lack of power-up items / weapons. I died 35 times, and I figure about 30 of those times were in the final dungeon / final boss fight. So all in all, it was an interesting take on the game and it had a new story line that was interesting as well so I found this really worth revisiting. The remixed versions of the Zelda themes as well as the Link to the Past-like graphics are obviously the game's real draw, but regardless of that there are four classic Zelda-like dungeons to explore as well. Excellent game, will probably play again.

Game 20 - ICEY - Nintendo Switch - Completed Apr 5th, 2020
WTF did I just play? While on the surface this game looks like the usual action / brawler / metroidvania, it's anything but. Without giving too many spoilers away, this game delves into some interesting concepts often not explored in the realm of video games. As you progress in the story, you start to question your character's motivations and decisions, and the world seemingly begins to unravel. I think Cthulhu is involved? Certainly, the Necronomicon. If you're looking for something to play that lasts a couple of hours that has an interesting storyline but not a lot of depth to it's gameplay be sure to pick this up.

Game 21 - Mini Metro - Android - Completed Apr 12th, 2020
I've been playing this on and off for the past couple of weeks after picking it up for free on the Play Store when this whole pandemic things started. It's a fun game that's a good way to kill a solid 20 minutes, and also a game that looks pretty simple on the surface but is anything but once you get into the meat of the game and the higher difficulty levels. The goal is to connect all the stations together with train cars that carry passengers from one side of the map to another, but the game throws you a lot of twists along the way. The map is static but the stations and passenger requests are randomly generated, making some "runs" of the game better than others - so even when you have a solid strategy in place you can get fucked over by bad RNG which can occasionally be frustrating. Every level is a different city, and usually a slight variation of the game play (for example, in Cairo the train cars can only hold 4 people at a time instead of the normal 6) so that kept things fresh as well. The game ran amazingly well on my device (OnePlus 5T) and the Google Play achievements and integrations were well done.

Game 22 - Final Fantasy 7 Remake - PlayStation 4 - Completed Apr 17th, 2020
An absolutely amazing experience from start to finish, the team that made this game should be exceptionally proud of what they've accomplished. I felt like they captured the story of the original and made it into a modern game with modern aesthetics and just all around nailed the scenarios, cut scenes, characters, voice acting, and even combat. Was the game worth the five year wait? Hell yes, although I'll be a bit upset if the next game takes another five years to make. They seemed to incorporate elements of the expanded universe into this game as well, and as a fan of those entries I can say I'm happy with the result. The only few gripes I had with the game were that it wasn't possible to grind AP from enemies really during the main play through, and that sometimes the walk / run mechanics of the game would get a bit loopy. Both are minor complaints compared with the overall package. It'll take me a while to digest, but this might be my favorite entry in the Final Fantasy universe.

Game 23 - Dragon Quest Walk - Android - Completed Apr 18th, 2020
I've been playing this for a couple of months now, and despite the game being entirely in Japanese and a lot of the features not working correctly in the US I've had a good time with the game. I've got my characters to max level and have finished all of the main story missions (even though this is a "live" game so more are added all the time). Before the pandemic, I really liked walking around and getting all the stuff this game has to offer, because it's similar to Pokemon: GO. Now though, I'll admit to blowing through most of the missions in the back half of the game because you can play this entirely stationary now. The game's gacha system was interesting, but I felt like it was fair as I was able to get a good amount of 5* equipment that had decent skills attached.

Game 24 - Romancing SaGa re:univerSe (Closed Beta Test) - Android - Completed Apr 23rd, 2020
I've been taking part in the closed beta test for this game and did all of the available story missions, as well as multiple gacha pulls, missions, dojo grinding, daily challenges and more. The game offers a lot of content for a free to play title, and (for the beta at least) I had really good results for creating a SS rank team with good stats. I did not spend any money in the shop buying anything. Since the beta ends today, and the progress (sadly) doesn't carry over into the full game when it launches, I'm going to consider this "done" as I probably won't be playing the full release.

Game 25 - Streets of Rage 4 - Xbox One - Completed May 2nd, 2020
My son and I played through this game, and holy cow what a ride! I loved the art style, the setting, pretty much everything about this game. Once again, Xbox Game Pass is the ultimate value for gaming, hands down because this game launched on GP and that makes it an amazing value. While I played as Axel through the entire adventure, my son picked random others throughout the game just so we could see what all the character's move sets were. The game seems to have a pretty good variety of achievements as well! Overall, I'm really impressed with this game - it's simple in it's execution, but amazingly well done and lovingly crafted. A great experience.

Game 26 - Streets of Rage - Xbox One - Completed May 3rd, 2020
After playing Streets of Rage 4 with my son, he was curious where the series started. So we went back and played the first game as part of the SEGA Vintage Collection. While obviously not as refined or graphically great as 4, this game was still a lot of fun to play through with him. We will likely be playing Streets of Rage 2 next, and maybe the Final Fight games on the SNES.

Game 27 - Monument Valley 2 - Android - Completed May 4th, 2020
Another game that was given away for free a couple of weeks ago that I decided to pick up and try out. I liked the first game well enough (which I also got for free) so I figured I might as well give this a go. Overall, I thought the game was a lot more simplistic than the first one. There were a couple of really good puzzles, but a lot of these were super duper obvious or took almost no time at all to figure out. I didn't care much for the "art" aspect of this game either. Pretty disappointed overall, but at least the price was right.

Game 28 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Switch - Completed May 8th, 2020
After about 40 hours with Animal Crossing, I've finally "finished" the game (or at least, saw the credits roll). What a marvelous little game that is a lot of fun to chill out to. Everyone in my family has a copy of this game, and I'm the last one in the house to get a three star town. Even though I've played for 40 hours over the course of almost as many days, there is still so much that I want to do in this game so that's a bit unreal. Since everyone else is playing it still, I'll probably continue to do so. One of my favorite games of the year so far!

Game 29 - Trials of Mana - Nintendo Switch - Completed May 8th, 2020
This game was a great experience and a huge upgrade over the original game in a lot of great ways. The music was amazing and easily the best part of the game. The action in the combat was spot on, but I feel like the enemies became a bit too "damage spongey" near the end of the game. Overall, it took me 18 hours to complete and I got nearly everything. I know there is a fourth class for all of the characters, and I missed six of the little cactus hidden things, but I feel the game's good replayability comes from choosing new heroes and seeing how the adventure unfolds for the others I didn't pick this time around. A great game and highly recommended.

Game 30 - Capcom Beat Em Up Collection - Xbox One - Completed May 29th, 2020
There was some debate about whether or not I would list each game individually as I beat them but felt like that'd kinda be cheating since each game only took about one to two hours each to beat. There were seven total games, I believe. Of course Final Fight is classic and well known, but a few of the other games on offer here I hadn't ever played before. My son and I had so much fun playing through Streets of Rage 4 we thought we would give this a go. King of Dragons was easily our favorite title in the anthology, the level up mechanics were really really satisfying. Some of the other games were pretty meh but still fun none the less. A great collection on offer that's even better if you can score it on sale.

Game 31 - Minecraft Dungeons - Xbox One - Completed Jun 4th, 2020
So I really enjoyed this game - right up until I got to the last level, and had to play it about 25 times in a row before I was able to beat it. The difficulty spike at the end of the game was absolutely insane and made no logical sense. It really felt like each "run" through the last level just came down to pure luck - once I encountered a total of SIX redstone golems in the same level. My character kept leveling up a few times each time I ran through the level, but the gear I was finding kept steady at being about 6-10 levels below my character level so it just turned into a weird slog. The issue seemed to clear up completely once I beat the final boss (finally) as the adventure mode let me replay levels and I started getting good rewards again. It's a $20 game that I played through Game Pass so I feel like I can't complain too loudly, but this was overall a VERY average game.

Game 32 - Cat Quest - PC Steam - Completed Jun 12th, 2020
I absolutely adore this game and love it to pieces. It's an open world action RPG that is full of cute cats and cat puns! An awesome level up mechanic that makes you feel really powerful. Great variety of weapons and armor that adjust your stats. An interesting and cute story. All around just a really solid game that plays really well even on systems with low specs. I'll definitely be picking up Cat Quest II now.

Game 33 - Gylt - Google Stadia - Completed Jun 13th, 2020
Gylt was... not great. I started playing this a few months ago and have just kept picking it up and putting it back down again because it's pretty boring. I wanted to be impressed by the Stadia exclusive game and I had three free months of Stadia Pro so I thought I'd go ahead and finish this before I lost access to it. It's a stealth / action / adventure game which looks and sounds like it would be right up my alley - but it's bogged down with shit controls, shit resolution, muddy filters, and just in general bad presentation. The cut scenes shift from 3D to 2D drawings and it's pretty jarring. Story is woke. Not recommended.

1. Bloons TD6 (PC) | 24th Jan - 10hrs | 1/5
2. Gal*Gun: Double Peace (Vita) | 26th Jan - 4hrs | 3/5
3. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita) | 2nd Feb - 4hrs | 4/5
4. Star Ocean: First Departure R (Switch) | 7th Feb - 18hrs | 2/5
5. Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) | 9th Feb - 2hrs | 5/5
6. Home (Vita) | 9th Feb - 1hrs | 2/5
7. Final Fantasy XI (PC) | 11th Feb - 83hrs | 5/5
8. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PC) | 17th Feb - 74hrs | 5/5
9. Untitled Goose Game (Switch) | 23rd Feb - 4hrs | 1/5
10. Night Trap: 25th Anniversary (Switch) | 23rd Feb - 3hrs | 2/5
11. Gato Roboto (Switch) | 1st Mar - 3hrs | 4/5
12. Braveland Wizard (Switch) | 8th Mar - 4hr | 3/5
13. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem (PC) | 13th Mar - 15hr | 5/5
14. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Vita) | 14th Mar - 19th | 5/5
15. Braveland Wizard (Switch) | 19th Mar - 7hr | 4/5
16. Final Fantasy XIV: Dragonsong War (PC) | 19th Mar - 70hr | 5/5
17. 198x (Switch) | 29th Mar - 2hr | 2/5
18. The Complex (Switch) | 2nd Apr - 3hr | 4/5
19. Cadence of Hyrule: Octavo's Ode (Switch) | 5th Apr - 6hr | 4/5
20. ICEY (Switch) | 5th Apr - 3hr | 2/5
21. Mini Metro (Android) | 12th Apr - 10hr | 3/5
22. Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PlayStation 4) | 17th Apr - 33hr | 5/5
23. Dragon Quest Walk (Android) | 18th Apr - 100hr | 4/5
24. Romancing SaGa re:univerSe (Android) | 23rd Apr - 25hr | 3/5
25. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One) | 2nd May - 4hr | 5/5
26. Streets or Rage (Xbox One) | 3rd May - 3hr | 2/5
27. Monument Valley 2 (Android) | 4th May - 3hr | 1/5
28. Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch) | 8th May - 40hr | 5/5
29. Trials of Mana (Switch) | 8th May - 18hr | 5/5
30. Capcom Beat Em Up Collection (Xbox One) | 29th May - 10hr | 3/5
31. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One) | 4th Jun - 14hr | 3/5
32. Cat Quest (PC) | 12th Jun - 7hr | 5/5
33. Gylt (Stadia) | 13th Jun - 8hr | 1/5
34. Evoland (Switch) | 6th Jul - 3hr | 4/5

Previous Years
2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014

Last edited:
Spot Claimed; i enjoy this so much. 6 years and counting :)
2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019

Game 1. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet
21 hrs. 32 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 2.Onimusha HD Remaster
5 hrs. 32 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 3. Ai: the Somnium Files
12 hrs. 42 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 4. Death's Gambit
22 hrs. 46 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 5. Urban Reign
2 hrs. 58 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 6. THE bouncer
1 hrs. 58 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 7. Street Fighter Alpha
2 hrs. 2 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 8. Street Fighter Alpha 2
1 hrs. 35 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 9. Street Fighter Alpha 2Gold
1 hrs. 35 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 10. Street Fighter Alpha 3
2 hrs. 15 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 11. Tekken 3
1 hrs. 15 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 12. Tekken 5
3 hrs. 25 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 13. Street Fighter 2 Anniversary
4 hrs. 49 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 14. Rumble Roses
2 hrs. 45 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 15.Onimusha 鬼武者
4hrs. 50 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 16.Onimusha 2 鬼武者2
12hrs. 22 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 17.TMNT The ArCade Game
1hrs. 05 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 18.Onimusha 3 鬼武者3
17hrs. 06 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 19.Close to the Sun
3hrs. 15 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 20.新 鬼武者 DAWN OF DREAMS
26hrs. 26 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 21.零~zero~
6hrs. 37 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 22.Knights of the Temple Infernal Crusade
4hrs. 32 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 23.Knights of the Temple 2
6hrs. 22 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 24零~红蝶~
7hrs. 25 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 25零~眞紅の蝶~
9hrs. 01 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 26Bloody Roar 3
1hrs. 01 mins. 16 out of 25

Game 27零~刺青の聲~
18hrs. 21 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 28サムライウエスタン 活劇侍道
4hrs. 03 mins. 23 out of 25

Game 29Resident Evil 3 Remake
5hrs. 14 mins. 24 out of 25

Game 30Nioh 2
221hrs. 11 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 31.Zombie Army Trilogy
16hrs. 47 mins. 22 out of 25

Game 32.Final Fantasy VII Remake
28hrs. 47 mins. 20 out of 25

Game 33.ANIMUS:HARBINGER
25hrs. 39 mins. 18 out of 25

Game 34.Trials of Mana
25hrs. 11mins. 20 out of 25

Game 35.Oninaki
35hrs. 12mins. 22 out of 25

Game 36.Dark Devotion
38hrs. 27mins. 18 out of 25

Game 37.Dead Cells
6 hrs. 52mins. 20 out of 25

Game 38.Final Fight
2 hrs. 50mins. 20 out of 25

Game 39.Final Fight 2
1 hrs. 35mins. 18 out of 25

Game 40.Final Fight 3
0 hrs. 45mins. 22 out of 25

Game 41.King of Monsters 2
3 hrs. 05mins. 16 out of 25

Game 42.Alien Vs. Predator
2 hrs. 10mins. 24 out of 25

Game 43.Tmnt Turtles in Time
1 hrs. 23mins. 24 out of 25

Game 44.Knights of the round
3 hrs. 08mins. 25 out of 25

Game 45.King of Dragons
3 hrs. 50mins. 24 out of 25

Game 46.零~月蚀的假面~
8 hrs. 47mins. 25 out of 25

Game 47.Brawl Brothers
3 hrs. 45mins. 20 out of 25

Game 48.Super Double Dragon
3 hrs. 00mins. 16 out of 25

Game 49.undercover Cops
0 hrs. 45mins. 16 out of 25

Game 50.Armored Warriors
2 hrs. 33mns. 20 out of 25

Game 51.Captain Commando
2 hrs. 22min. 16 out of 25

Game 52.戦国伝承
2 hrs. 37min. 16 out of 25

Game 53.Run Saber
1 hrs. 10min. 20 out of 25

Game 54.零 ~濡鴉ノ巫女~
19 hrs. 27min. 24 out of 25

Game 55.Dark Souls Remastered
64 hrs. 27mins. 18 out of 25

Game 56.SPIRIT OF tHE nORTH
7 hrs. 19mins. 20 out of 25

Game 57.Death Come True
2 hrs. 49mins. 24 out of 25

Game 58.Catherine Full Body
7 hrs. 34mins. 22 out of 25

Game 59.Last Blade 2
1 hrs. 34mins. 22 out of 25

Game 60.Garou: Mark of the Wolves
1 hrs. 30mins. 22 out of 25

Game 61.Ghost of Tsushima
38 hrs. 15mins. 20 out of 25

Game 62.Oneechanbara Origins
10 hrs. 46mins. 22 out of 25

Game 63.Streets of Rage 4
2 hrs. 47mins. 24 out of 25

Game 64.Night Trap
3 hrs. 32mins. 20 out of 25

Game 65.Samurai Shodown V Special
1 hrs. 35mins. 18 out of 25

Game 66.Kizuna Encounter
1 hrs. 15mins. 20 out of 25

Game 67.Blasphemous
17hrs. 28mins. 14 out of 25

Game 68.NINJA MASTERS
3hrs. 12mins. 20 out of 25

Game 69.The King of Fighters 2000
1hrs. 12mins. 20 out of 25

Game 70.Sengoku 3
3hrs. 32mins. 18 out of 25

Game 71. Astral Chain
23hrs. 31mins. 18 out of 25

Game 72. The Coma 2
7hrs. 15mins. 20 out of 25

Game 73. Real Bout Fatal Fury
2hrs. 32mins. 18 out of 25

Game 74. ManEater
21hrs. 57mins. 18 out of 25

Game 75. Destroy all Humans
10hrs. 12mins. 16 out of 25

Game 76. Remnant From The Ashes
31hrs. 37mins. 17 out of 25

Game 77. Kill La Kill IF
3hrs. 38mins. 22 out of 25

Game 78. Dead or Alive 6
3hrs. 13mins. 18 out of 25

Game 79. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
8hrs. 19mins. 14 out of 25

Game 80. Blade II The Return of evil
22hrs. 43mins. 22 out of 25

Game 81. SoulCalibur VI
5hrs. 32mins. 12 out of 25

Game 82. The Letter
13hrs. 14mins. 24 out of 25

Game 83. 13 Sentinels:Aegis Rim
36hrs. 14mins. 18 out of 25

Game 84. Earth Defense Force V
34hrs. 11mins. 18 out of 25

Game 85. Earth Defense Force Iron Rain
11hrs. 16mins. 22 out of 25

Game 86. Daymare: 1998
4hrs. 16mins. 18 out of 25

Game 87. Candy Crush Saga
4hrs. 30mins. 20 out of 25

Game 88. Adventure of Stars
6hrs. 15mins. 18 out of 25

Game 89. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
4hrs. 02mins. 22 out of 25

Game 90. MORTAL SHELL
7hrs. 11mins. 20 out of 25

Game 91. Kamen Rider: Memory of Heroez
15hrs. 39mins. 18 out of 25

Game 92. Quantum Theory (クウォンタム セオリー
5hrs. 36mins. 22 out of 25

Game 93. INVERSION
5hrs. 13mins. 18 out of 25

Game 94. Army of Two
5hrs. 5mins. 20 out of 25

GAME 95. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
6hrs. 32mins. 18 out of 25

Game 96. Lost Planet 3
13hrs. 46mins. 22 out of 25

Game 97. ALIENS: Colonial Marines
5hrs. 38mins. 20 out of 25

Game 98. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
12hrs. 49mins. 20 out of 25

Game 99. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
29hrs. 18mins. 22 out of 25

Game 100. Panzer Dragoon Remake
00hrs. 47mins. 22 out 25

Last edited:
4/52 - Now playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Pac-Man 256, and Wandersong.

1. Life is Strange 2 (Xbox One) | 6th Jan - 20hrs | 3/5
2. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Xbox One) | 14th Jan - 6hrs | 5/5
3. Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition (Xbox One) | 2nd Feb - 20hrs | 4/5
4. Journey (PC) | 15th Feb - 2hrs | 4/5

2020 ranked, from best to worst:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Journey
Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition
Life is Strange 2

Previous: 2015 18, 2016 25, 2017 33, 2018 31, 2019 9.

Been a while since I last updated this, so need to check and refresh my list, but "Burly Men at Sea" (2nd Oct.) marks a new attempt to get to 52. Add, "The Stanley Parable" 5th Oct. too. 11th Oct "Minit".

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
1. Breath of Fire (Switch) | 28th Jan - 31hrs | 2/5

2. Super Mario Bros. (Switch) | 30th Jan - 40mins | 5/5

3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (Switch) | 15th Feb - 11 hrs 52 mins | 3/5

4. Luigi’s Mansion (Gamecube) | 20th Feb - 6 hrs | 3/5

5. Smash Tennis (Switch) | 24th Feb - 3 hrs 40 mins | 4/5

6. Doom (1993) (Switch) | 1st March - 10 hrs | 5/5

7. Doom II (Switch) | 9th March - 26 hrs 25 mins | 4/5

8. Doom 3 (Switch) | 18th March - 26 hrs 15 mins | 4/5

9. Doom 64 (Switch) | 25th March - 15 hrs | 4/5

10. Doom 64: The Lost Levels (Switch) | 27th March - 5 hrs 05 mins | 2/5

11. Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed (Switch) | 28th March - 2 hrs 45 mins | 2/5

12. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (Switch) | 29th March - 45 mins | 1/5

Breath of Fire: I saw the warnings online that this wasn’t a very fun game, but I decided to start from the beginning of the series and play it anyway. The sprite work is colourful and pleasant. The music is pretty decent. But, the game quickly becomes a chore to slog through. There is very little in the way of story and what is there is nigh on incomprehensible. I’m not sure if that is a result of a bad English translation or if the original Japanese script was just so barebones. Either way, it’s kind of understandable as this was such an early SNES RPG release. The gameplay is extremely repetitive. The game either gives you a very brief and obscure hint of where to go next or absolutely no hints of where to go next. A guide may be needed for the later game. Like I always say, I’m glad I finally completed it, but I can’t see myself playing this one ever again.

Super Mario Bros.: Come on, now. You know.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island: A fun platformer that takes a little getting used to due to the unusual egg shooting mechanic. Has challenging sections, but not too hard overall. Charming game with a unique art style.

Luigi’s Mansion: A fun and charming game. Probably could have been a little longer, but the provided content is satisfying enough. Not too challenging, but does have a few moments that will test you. I’m glad I finally played it, but pretty much what I expected.

Smash Tennis: A very fun and challenging game. Good representation of Tennis with attractive “cartoony” graphics. Is extremely fun with 2-4 players.

Doom (1993): Just a full frontal onslaught of hectic, fast-paced action. Infinitely fun. Age doesn’t wary this classic.

Doom II: More of the same in comparison to the first game, which is a good thing. Although, the difficulty has been ramped up considerably to the point of being unfair at times. The levels are more sprawling. One new weapon and a couple of new enemies, I think. The last boss is sadistic in it’s difficulty. I enjoyed it, but I think I prefer the first Doom, it has just the right level of challenge in my opinion.

Doom 3: Something always put me off about Doom 3 and so I never played more than 30 minutes of it, but after finally getting around to completing it, I was pleasantly surprised. It takes a different approach to Doom, being a slower, more methodical horror inspired shooter. It’s very atmospheric. The sound and art design is great. The first half of the game is quite generic. Very similar looking levels that can be a bit confusing. Although, the game changes the levels up for the latter half of the game with the final level being particularly good. I was surprised the effort put into fleshing out the world through voice recordings and emails. It works well. I’d recommend this game.

Doom 64: It’s Doom, but different. Same pace, same feel, same fun and yet everything’s a little bit odd. That’s not a bad thing mind you, as the developers of Doom 64 really captured the essence of Doom. They understood what made the original games so addictive, but managed to give their own version it’s own flavour. All new textures, sounds, lighting, levels, monster sprites and even a unique weapon. If you enjoy Doom and Doom II, you should enjoy Doom 64 no worries. I had fun.

Doom 64: The Lost Levels: A bonus campaign meant to link up with 2020’s Doom: Eternal. An extra six maps of good quality. Very well designed. All too brief, though and the final stage/boss is a cakewalk. Any extra content is good (especially for a 23 year old game) and I got a good 5 hours out of it.

Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed: The fourth and final episode added for the Ultimate Doom collection. Insanely hard. Too hard. The levels are short but packed so full of enemies that they are very challenging in a cheap way. A bit of a disappointment.

Double Dragon II: The Revenge: A disappointing follow up to a well loved predecessor. Not enough levels. Levels too short. Very easy. All too brief and utterly forgettable.

Last edited:

marcincz

I am in, I am in.
Rather without big chances this year (huge j/rpg backlog), but who knows.

Game 1 - Erica (PS4) - 01h 52m
Beat 03/01/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 2 - Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 37h 47m

Beat 26/01/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 3 - Final Fantasy XV - Episode Gladiolus (PS4) - 01h 24m

Beat 27/01/2020 - my score: ★★☆

Game 4 - Final Fantasy XV - Epidode Ignis (PS4) - 01h 22m

Beat 29/01/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 5 - Final Fantasy XV - Episode Prompto (PS4) - 02h 05m

Beat 01/02/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 6 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4) - 39h 55m

Beat 24/02/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 7 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - DLC Dawnguard (PS4) - 10h 08m

Beat 03/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 8 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - DLC Hearthfire (PS4) - 00h 55m

Beat 05/03/2020 - my score:

Game 9 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - DLC Dragonborn (PS4) - 06h 17m

Beat 09/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 10 - Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XBO) - 21h 34m

Beat 19/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 11 - Get Even (XBO) - 09h 31m

Beat 22/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 12 - Battlefield: Bad Company (360) - 07h 59m

Beat 26/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 13 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360) - 06h 42m

Beat 29/03/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 14 - Jade Empire (Xbox) - 16h 35m

Beat 07/04/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 15 - Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (360) - 13h 58m

Beat 12/04/2020 - my score: ★★★★☆

Game 16 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (XBO) - 15h 19m

Beat 19/04/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 17 - Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1) - 03h 29m

Beat 23/04/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 18 - Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - 41h 11m

Beat 03/05/2020 - my score: ★★★★☆

Game 19 - Dragon Age: Origins - DLC The Stone Prisoner (PS3) - 01h 28m

Beat 04/05/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 20 - Dragon Age II (PS3) - 28h 41m

Beat 16/05/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 21 - inFamous (PS3) - 16h 25m

Beat 23/05/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 22 - inFamous 2 (PS3) - 16h 42m

Beat 30/05/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 23 - Splinter Cell HD (PS3) - 16h 02m

Beat 06/06/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 24 - The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) - 15h 39m

Beat 12/06/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 25 - The Last of Us Remastered - DLC Left Behind (PS4) - 02h 39m

Beat 14/06/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 26 - Resident Evil 7 - DLC End of Zoe (PS4) - 02h 28m

Beat 17/06/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 27 - The Last of Us Part II (PS4) - 28h 08m

Beat 27/06/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 28 - Life is Strange (PS4) - 10h 35m

Beat 01/07/2020 - my score: ★★★★

Game 29 - Call of Duty: WWII (PS4) - 06h 44m

Beat 05/07/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 30 - Resogun (PS4) - 01h 16m

Beat 05/07/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 31 - Nier: Automata (PS4) - 12h 34m

Beat 09/07/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 32 - Horizon Zero Dawn - DLC The Frozen Wilds (PS4) - 14h 20m

Beat 16/07/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 33 - Midnight Deluxe (PS4) - 01h 25m

Beat 19/07/2020 - my score: ★★

Game 34 - Midnight Deluxe (PSV) - 00h 50m

Beat 21/07/2020 - my score: ★★

Game 35 - Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4) - 26h 47m

Beat 27/07/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 36 - Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4) - 18h 28m

Beat 03/08/2020 - my score: ★★★★☆

Game 37 - Streets of Rage 4 (PS4) - 02h 35m
Beat 09/08/2020 - my score: ★★★★☆

Game 38 - Afterparty (XBO) - 05h 37m
Beat 14/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 39 - Blair Witch (XBO) - 05h 40m

Beat 15/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 40 - Carrion (XBO) - 05h 52m

Beat 19/08/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 41 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PSV) - 18h 40m

Beat 22/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 42 - Battletoads (XBO) - 06h 48m

Beat 25/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 43 - My Friend Pedro (XBO) - 04h 22m

Beat 26/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 44 - Night Call (XBO) - 05h 21m

Beat 29/08/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 45 - Control (XBO) - 15h 02m

Beat 09/09/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 46 - Cities: Skylines (XBO) - 34h 02m

Beat 10/09/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 47 - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (XBO) - 17h 37m

Beat 16/09/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 48 - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - DLC Seed of Evil (XBO) - 05h 54m

Beat 18/09/2020 - my score: ★★★☆

Game 49 - Gris (PS4) - 03h 34m

Beat 21/09/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 50 - Far Cry 4 (PS4) - 22h 04m

Beat 30/09/2020 - my score: ★★★☆☆

Game 51 - Amplitude (PS2) - 02h 42m

Beat 03/10/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 52 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) - 20h 49m

Beat 14/10/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 53 - Gorogoa (PS4) - 03h 04m

Beat 23/10/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 54 - Steins;Gate 0 (PSV) - 43h 57m

Beat 07/11/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 55 - Forza Horizon 3 (XBO) - 16h 00m

Beat 14/11/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 56 - Vampyr (XBO) - 24h 47m

Beat 27/11/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 57 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (XBO) - 20h 25m

Beat 08/12/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 58 - Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO) - 28h 25m

Beat 16/12/2020 - my score: ★★★

Game 59 - Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - 31h 30m

Beat 30/12/2020 - my score: ★★★★★

Last edited:

Domstercool

Off we go again to a (hopefully much better time this year) awesome list of games to finish!

Already beat one today in one sitting! :D

1. Control (PC) | 1st Jan - 12.5hrs | 5/5

1: Control (PC) - 12 Hours 30 Minutes
#1st Jan - Brilliant game with a very engaging story and fun, fast gun/special power combat. 9/10

35/52

iu

1: Titanfall 2 (PC)- 12 hours
01/01/2020 Good game with a good pace. Great graphic, wish it was in HDR. 8/10

iu

2: Halo Reach (PC) 12 hours
03/01/2020 Great pacing, fast action, dumb character, BOOM! 7/10

iu

3: Strategic Command 3 World War (PC Steam) 10 hours
05/01/2020 Played a campaign on the allied side, tedious clicky game with unrealistic mechanic, for amateur grognard. 5/10

iu

4: Battlefield V (PC Origin) 100+hours
12/01/2020 Got all 4 class to level 20, upgraded like 3/4 of the guns to level 4 or more. Its really a beautiful game in 4k HDR but the player base getting lower and lower. It's done for me. 6/10

iu

5: Kards (PC Steam) 100+ hours
18/01/2020 Got into the officer club, mastered 3 country. Great card game with ww2 theme and simple mechanics. I love the artwork of the card and it somewhat mimick the real stuff in the gameplay. French are annoying, Italian are useless, USRR are spammer, US is jack of all master of none, Germany got great tanks, Japanese are fast and deadly. 9/10

iu

6: Forza Horizon 4 (PC Windows store) 200+ hours
25/01/2020 Beautiful game, did most of the base game, 90% of treasure island and 70% of Lego stuff, 500+ cars I'm done with it. The physic isn't that great but its really fun to play around in the colorful environment. Nice selection of car and and its graphic showcase for a 4K OLED HDR display. 10/10

iu

7: Ravenfield (PC Steam) 10+ hours
14/02/2020 Nice battlefield clone in development, clean simple graphic, janky, lots of fun, don't take itself seriously. It will be great when its done, but now I finished the conquest mode and I'm done with it. 5/10

iu

8: Steel Division Normandy 44 (PC Steam) 15+ hours
17/02/2020 Did the 3 campaign, I cheated a lot because I don't like this game. Its like a Wargame Red Dragon but on a bigger scale and dull. You need to micro and macro and neither feels good. 4/10

iu

9: Super Robot Wars T (Switch) 40+ hours
24/02/2020 Super long game, fun for half of it. Nice tactical fun, not too hard. 6/10

iu

10:Out of the Park XX (PC Origin) 20+ hours
29/02/2020 Well do you like excel spreadsheet? Do you like advanced stats? Have you a baseball demon in your soul that demands you win with the Expos now that the Nats have done it? Well I do so I like this game, the UI still need to be perfected but its just fun to relive past season and do stupid move. 9/10

iu

11:Hearts of Iron IV (PC Steam) 100+ hours
08/03/2020 World War 2 grand strategy game. It's a grand strategy game but we count individual plane and infantry equipement, its crazy and dumb. Feel more like a puzzle for alternate history aficionados. Really the second game in the serie is the best but Paradox got me with their DLC and hope of better system. Won as France, got to 1948 with the Petite Entente. 5/10

iu

12:Gran Theft auto V (PC Steam) 40+ hours
14/03/2020 Beautiful world, infinitely well crafted. Inconsistent character but the story pick up by the end. I played in first person and it was a great experience in 4k. 8/10

iu

13:Halo 1 (PC Windows Store) 12 hours
15/03/2020 Really good game, great pacing, fantastic gun play. I get the hype about this serie now. Would play again. I played the version on gamepass on pc. 10/10

iu

14:Ace Combat 7 (Xbox one X) 15 hours maybe
23/03/2020 Good story, fast gameplay, plenty of plane what to want more? A nice multiplayer too. This is my game of 2019. Should have been in 4k. 9/10

iu

15:Wolfeinstein 2 (PC Windows Store) 10 hours
03/04/2020 Strange story, inconsistant character and tone, but the gameplay is great and the action is fast and fun. A little more fun than the first one but the narrative let me down. 7/10
iu

16:Warhammer Total War (PC Steam) 40+ hours
05/04/2020 It is a tedious game that hit the sweet spot only a few time in a campaign. It should be the best marriage of genre and style but it just didn't stick to me. Unit variety is great and well it must be fun in multiplayer. 6/10

iu

17:X-Com Ufo defense with OpenXcom (PC Steam) 20 hours
11/04/2020 A great game made better with this mode. Its a quality of life mode that get it to modern standard. This game is a masterpiece of design with excellent progression. The best tactic RPG for me, take that FF tactic.
10/10

iu

18:Civilization VI (PC Steam) 30+ hours
17/04/2020 Shit game, the worst in the civ series for me, it's just a complex system game with no direction. It has the lamest quote when you discovers a new tech. 3/10

iu

19:Distant World: Universe (PC Steam) 30+ hours
18/04/2020 What a strange 4x game, with a lot of system but all is automated if you want. Still a wonderful sandbox for a sci-fi simulation. Would recommend only to crazy people. 5/10

iu

20:Master of Orion 2016 (PC Steam) 15+ hours
29/04/2020 Nice remake of the second game with a little flavor of the first. Good experience with some flavorful race, it was great in the 90s but it is somewhat dated in 2020. 6/10

iu

21:Totally accurate battle simulator (PC Windows Store) 10+ hours
04/06/2020 Fun tactical puzzle game where you just have to choose your army and its disposition. It's a puzzle game that allow for different result with the same input because of the physic engine. It is fun and forgettable.
5/10

iu

22:Commander: The great war (PC Slitherine) 30+ hours
28/06/2020 A really great strategic world war one game. It is somewhat realistic on a grand level and you can visit all phase of the war. I can't stand the AGEOD title so its the best for me.
8/10

iu

23:Fire Emblem Three house (Switch) 30+ hours
15/07/2020 A really great tactital rpg that I found too long for nothing. The progression is nice at first but the story is not that great and the character are shallow. After 20 hours I skipped all battle animation and enemy turn, after 25 hours I skipped the story bits, that tells you how I feel. Still the mechanic are fine (they should be its going for decade) and overall I got a nice experience.
7/10

iu

24:Command and Conquer remaster (PC origin) 10+ hours
1/08/2020 Great remaster but this game show its age. The RTS formula was in its infancy and it shows. The mission are hit and miss, the unit variety is just ok. What I liked is the mood, the music, the lore, it shows it was a labor of love. A great start to the series that will hit its peak in the next game for me.
6/10

iu

25:Warthunder (PC Steam) 40+ hours
4/09/2020 Well you can't finish this game but I'm done with it after having spend more than 60$. The lower rank in the tank mode is very fun with a lot of tactic. You have time to aim your shot and it's very satisfying to destroy a higher rank tank. The more modern stuff is where I lost the flame. The plane part is a little fun, haven't invested a lot of time in it.
6/10

iu

26:Yakuza 0 (PC Steam) 40 hours
17/10/2020 Great game with a crazy story. It's the perfect prequel game that set the story for the other games and also give some depth for the character. The side quest are almost all interesting and the various activities feel fully realized. The atmosphere is top notch, the setting really interesting and the acting put it over the top. A real gem of a game.
10/10

iu

27:Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch) 40+ hours
30/10/2020 Nice brawler, full of level, music, character and nostalgia for Nintendo product. The gameplay is fast and its fun for a while. At the end I couldn't deny the production value but it just didn't click with me. It is shallow.
7/10

iu

28:Call of duty: Black ops Cold war (PC battle.net) 30+ hours
10/27/2020 I'll continue to play it but I just finished the campaign. Great story and setting for the campaign. Fast gameplay, crisp mouvement and frantic action made it difficult to play while drinking some beer. Multiplayer is a blast.
9/10

iu

29:Wasteland 3 (PC windows) 30+ hours
11/30/2020 Its was fun for a while but the tone of the game got the best over me. The bleak ironic future is fun but only for 10-20 hours. The mechanics are great and the character are interesting but it was too long for my taste. Also radiation poisoining while riding the car just killed the game for me.
7/10

iu

30:Metro: 2033 redux (PC Steam) 15+ hours
2/12/2020 The jump scare, the old clumsy mechanic just got the best of me.
6/10

iu

31:Quake 2 RTX (PC Steam) 10+ hours
4/12/2020 Beautiful in ray tracing. I was lost time and time again in the level.
7/10

iu

32: Strategic command World War 1 (PC Steam)
7/12/2020 This game is a slug but its a WW1 game so it fit. The game engine really fit more that great war style of gameplay. Pounce Germany without US aid, take that Kaiser.
6/10

iu

33: Super Mario Bros 1 (Retropie on my Arcade1up)
7/12/2020 Still a classic. Get some time to get use to the jump mechanic but what a neat platformer. Took me back in 87 when I was a kid. A great gift to me by my parent that NES with Mario.
9/10

iu

34: X-wing Special edition (PC Origin launcher)
10/12/2020 A great space sim, spacecraft move like ww2 fighter and that make the flying manageable. Very good mechanics, interesting story but hard as heck.
8/10

iu

35: Super Mario bros. 2 (Retropie on my Arcade1up)
15/12/2020 Well its a good game but it was just a dream (spoiler)
7/10

Last edited:

Pantz

Let's go!

💪19/52🤳
1. Halo: CE Anniversary (Xbox One X/TMCC) | 2nd Jan - 8hrs | 5/5
2. Assassin's Creed (Xbox One X/360BC) | 5th Jan - N/A | 5/5
3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox One X) | 7th Jan - N/A | 5/5
4. DiRT (Xbox 360) | 10th Jan - 6.5hrs | 4/5
5. Into the Breach (Switch Lite) | 12th Jan - 1.5hrs | 5/5
6. Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox One X/360BC) | 18th Jan - 133.5hrs | 5/5
7. Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One X) | 29th Jan - 13.5hrs | 5/5
8. SUPERHOT (Xbox One X) | 14th Feb - 3.0hrs | 4/5
9. State of Decay 2 (Xbox One X) | 27th Feb - 107.5hrs | 5/5
10. The Complex (Xbox One X) | 31st Mar - 1.5hrs | 5/5
11. League of Legends - Teamfight Tactics (PC) | 30th Apr - N/A | 4.5/5
12. Dead or Alive 6 (Xbox One X) | 2nd May - 104hrs | 5/5
13. Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox One X/TMCC) | 26th May - 8hrs | 5/5
14. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 Pro) | 28th May - 74hrs | 5/5
15. Why Is There A CatGirl In My House?! (PC/Steam) | 5th Jun - 1.5hrs | 5/5
16. DOOM (2016) (Xbox One X) | 20th Jun - 8hrs | 5/5
17. Strawberry Vinegar (Xbox One X) | 22nd Jun - N/A | 5/5
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (Xbox One X) | 24th Jun - N/A | 5/5
19. Yes, Your Grace (Xbox One X) | 1st Jul - N/A | 5/5
NNigt4B.jpg

01: Halo: CE Anniversary (Xbox One X/TMCC) - [Campaign on Normal]
I want to replay all of the Halo games and play the Halo Wars games to get ready for Halo Infinite. First time playing this Anniversary edition and it look great. It's still fun for the most part, but some levels are a bit of a slog since I've beaten it so many times in the past. (I like the Library btw). Mostly playing to absorb the lore and picked up on lots of good stuff.

02: Assassin's Creed (Xbox One X/360BC) - [Full story]
Altair is pretty OP. No stealth required, just walk up and stab your target then dispatch 30 guards and walk home. First AC game completed. It's a good podcast game especially since the story is all riddles. Guess we're still waiting for that AC game set in Japan.

03: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox One X) - [First playthrough]
It's pretty amazing that something like this actually got pulled off. It's more cinematic than game but that's ok with me. I did enjoy the combat though, especially when music started playing. It's an HDR showpiece and even has good HDR skyboxes. Playing with Dolby Atmos headphones was pretty cool too. I missed some of the Lorestones so I'll have to come back for a second playthrough, maybe on the Series X.

04: DiRT (Xbox 360) - [Full career]
Gotta play them in order for the lore right? Sooo much bloom, brown and grey. Definitely a product of the time. The vehicles, tracks, camera angles and damage are all very cool. Driving physics are pretty average compared to today's racers. The sound and music is really bad. It even has some performance issues with screen tearing and slow framerate at times. The career mode is a pretty standard checklist style, nothing special, except that they visualize the races in the form of a pyramid. Just a dumb thing I found enjoyable, getting fewer races each tier on the way to the top.

05: Into the Breach (Switch Lite) - [Playthrough on Easy]
Good game to play on the toilet, dropping bombs while dropping bombs. Good bite-sized strategy with FTL flavor but turned based so no rush. Saw the credits and likely won't 100% it by the end of the year so just gonna log it now and keep playing it off and on.

06: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox One X/360BC) - [35/35 Achievements 1000G]
Only took 10 years. Post-game content has a huge difficulty spike that requires lots and lots of grinding for the money needed for one particular achievement. I took my time with it and was able to grind while watching stuff on a second screen so it wasn't too bad. I did not like this game very much when it first came out but picking it up again years later for some reason I could appreciate the game so much more. I think this game really was meant to be played in 4K to see how much detail they put into everything.

07: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One X) - [100% on Normal]
Finally getting around to playing this. Controls great with beautiful visuals and enough of a story to tie it all together. While playing I didn't want it to end so I ended up getting 100% of everything. I wish there was more of a reason to backtrack for orbs you couldn't get earlier other than just getting more powerful. Don't really understand the people who said this game made them cry, there is some emotional stuff but not that bad. Looking forward to The Will of the Wisps!

08: SUPERHOT (Xbox One X) - [Full story]
It's probably better in VR. The story elements were more annoying than anything. I don't particularly like the style either. The game never really clicked with me but I didn't have a bad time with it.

09: State of Decay 2 (Xbox One X) - [One legacy]
Started playing this for a Game Pass quest and ended up falling in love with it. It's so much fun going around looking for supplies and bringing it back to base. Everything was going well, we had a nice base fully stocked and my people were happy... until a juggernaut grabbed hold of my fearless leader and separated her top half from her bottom half. R.I.P. Smiley. Everyone was depressed but we had to move on to survive and a new leader was elected. This leader took no shit from zombies or humans alike, armed with an AK-47 she killed anything in her path. Clearing the town of plague zombies and bringing law and order to all the other survivors. Good game and I continue to play it.

10: The Complex (Xbox One X) - [1/9 Endings Found]
FMV game with super hot female lead. Uuhhh 10/10 wifey material - would play again (drunk review).
MFJzLZI.jpg

11: League of Legends - Teamfight Tactics (PC) - [Winter season completed]
It's been fun but I'm hanging up my TFT hat for a while. The new galaxy theme is cool but I don't like how they integrated the season pass type system. They put the paid progression on the same progression bar as the standard progression so you're forced to see all that you're missing out on. Not a big deal but I was already pretty burnt out on it. It's still super fun and will probably come back to it one day.

12: Dead or Alive 6 (Xbox One X) - [36/36 Achievements 1000G]
Ended up getting the achievement for doing the tutorial as the last achievement haha. Don't be fooled though, that's one of the hardest ones with all the combos they make you perform. There was a time when I couldn't do any of these button inputs so it feels pretty good. Somehow managed to get the 5 ranked online wins in a row achievement along the way.

13: Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox One X/TMCC) - [Campaign on Normal]
Forgot this was an original Xbox game. This may have been my first time playing it solo. Some missions hold up better than others. It was a pleasure to casually revisit.

14: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 Pro) - [First playthrough on Normal]
I was a skeptic about this game even while playing it, but one moment in the game turned me around on it. In chapter 4 there's a part with a really long distance view down a path that reminded me of the fixed camera and elongated pre-rendered backgrounds from the fist game. That combined with the music playing brought a tear to my eye. Felt like I was playing lost content from the original. That was all I needed to feel satisfied with this Remake. I really like all the new elements and where the story is going. The gameplay is serviceable enough to keep this fanservice flowing. I'll still enjoy playing the original because this doesn't replace the original and that's OK.

15: Why Is There A 🐾Girl In My House?! (PC/Steam) - [Full story]
Game about a CatGirl has a paw emoji in the title. My second VN and this one had some adult content. The story was filled with so much lore about CatGirls living with humans, it seemed like it was really going places. Unfortunately It's really short and seemed like it could have only been chapter 1 of an unfinished story. Cool while it lasted and probably only around a dollar on Steam.

16: DOOM (2016) (Xbox One X) - [Campaign on Hurt Me Plenty]
Sometimes it's nice to play a video game that feels like a video game. Surprisingly draining to play, I was good after one level per night. I feel like I should have bumped up the difficulty a notch to get the full experience but it was still tough.

17: Strawberry Vinegar (Xbox One X) - [100% 28/28 Achievements 1000G]
My 3rd VN, I feel I am heading down a dark path. There's some weird appeal to playing them on Xbox. This one looks a little sketch but it's innocent. Slice of life about making friends with a demon and eating good food. Some of it is pretty funny and has it really good art, especially the facial expressions.

18: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (Xbox One X) - [Campaign on Veteran]
This was like playing mom's biscuits and gravy. The remaster looks amazing and felt so familiar to play. Jumped right in to Veteran and hmm I wonder if they actually made it a bit easier because I never really struggled for too long - or maybe over the years I really have improved my skill? Sure it sucks there's no Spec-Ops or multiplayer but the campaign holds up on it's own. Would love to 100% it on Series X next year.

19: Yes, Your Grace (Xbox One X) - [Full story]
Never would have guessed a pixel art resource management game would make me shed a tear. It has a cool story and great writing. You really feel the weight of the crown. Console version has some major bugs you might want to hold off on until they get patched. My first playthrough got bugged on week 49/52 and I had to restart. Shows how cool the game is that I was willing to do that almost right away.

Currently Playing:
Halo 3 (Xbox One X/TMCC)
Gears Tactics (PC/GP)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch Lite)
SnowRunner (Xbox One X)
League of Legends - ARAM (PC)

Last edited:
2020 - 95/52

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) - 8/10
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) - 8/10
3. Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - 7/10
4. Moss (PSVR) - 9/10
5. Half-Life: Blue Shift (PC) - 8/10
6. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - 8/10
7. Batman: Arkham VR (PSVR) - 8/10
8. Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (PS4) - 8/10
9. Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (Switch) - 7/10
10. Braid (PS3) - 8/10
11. Battletoads (Xbox One) - 6/10
12. Jetpac (Xbox One) - 6/10
13. Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch) - 9/10
14. Super Princess Peach (DS) - 7/10
15. Mom Hid My Game! (iPad) - 7/10
16. Emily is Away (PC) - 8/10
17. Half-Life 2 (PC) - 10/10
18. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (PC) - 8/10
19. Half-Life 2: Episode One (PC) - 8/10
20. Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS4) - 7/10
21. Portal (PC) - 9/10
22. Eagle Flight (PSVR) - 7/10
23. Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC) - 9/10
24. Crash Bandicoot (PS4) - 7/10
25. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) - 8/10
26. The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine (Xbox 360) - 8/10
27. The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns Again! (PS3) - 7/10
28. Shadow of the Beast (PS4) - 6/10
29. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS4) - 8/10
30. Half-Life: Alyx (Oculus) - 10/10
31. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch) - 9/10
32. Spider-Man: The Movie (Gamecube) - 7/10
33. Hidden Folks (iPad) - 8/10
34. My Mom Hid My Game! 2 (iPad) - 7/10
35. King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder (PC) - 8/10
36. The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (Oculus) - 7/10
37. Magicat (Switch) - 8/10
38. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PS4) - 8/10
39. King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (PC) - 8/10
40. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot (PSVR) - 6/10
41. The Mummy Demastered (Switch) - 8/10
42. Sairento VR (PSVR) - 7/10
43. The Lost Bear (Oculus) - 7/10
44. Golf Story (Switch) - 8/10
45. Farpoint (PSVR) - 7/10
46. Final Fantasy VII: Remake (PS4) - 10/10
47. Haunted House (Wii) - 5/10
48. Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 9/10
49. Jurassic: The Hunted (Xbox 360) - 5/10
50. Disney Classic Games: Aladdin (PS4) - 7/10
51. Disney Classic Games: The Lion King (PS4) - 6/10
52. Batman: The Video Game (NES) - 8/10
53. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 9/10
54. Playstation VR Worlds (PSVR) - 6/10
55. Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - 6/10
56. Ghosts 'N Goblins (NES) - 4/10
57. Metroid II: Return of Samus (Gameboy) - 8/10
58. The Bunker (PS4) - 5/10
59. Super Bomberman R (Switch) - 6/10
60. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4) - 9/10
61. Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360) - 7/10
62. Vader Immortal (Oculus) - 7/10
63. Torin's Passage (PC) - 6/10
64. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U) - 6/10
65. Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox One) - 9/10
66. LittleBigPlanet (PS3) - 8/10
67. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Xbox One) - 8/10
68. Lego Jurassic World (PS4) - 8/10
69. Double Dragon (NES) - 6/10
70. Owlboy (Switch) - 8/10
71. LOVE (Switch) - 7/10
72. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES) - 8/10
73. Castlevania (NES) - 9/10
74. Super Mario Bros. 35 (Switch) - 8/10
75. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS) - 8/10
76. Hitman Go (PS4) - 7/10
77. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Xbox One) - 7/10
78. Cursed Mountain (Wii) - 6/10
79. Shadow Complex (PS4) - 8/10
80. infamous: Festival of Blood (PS3) - 7/10
81. Klonoa (Wii) - 6/10
82. The 11th Hour (PC) - 5/10
83. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Wii) - 6/10
84. King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride (PC) - 7/10
85. Astro's Playroom (PS5) - 8/10
86. Demon's Souls (PS5) - 10/10
87. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (PS3) - 6/10
88. Snoopy's Grand Adventure (Wii U) - 6/10
89. Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) - 8/10
90. Mega Man III (Gameboy) - 8/10
91. Contra (NES) - 8/10
92. Castlevania: The Adventure (Gameboy) - 6/10
93. Super C (NES) - 7/10
94. Contra Force (NES) - 7/10
95. Black (Xbox One) - 6/10

2018 List - 68 Games
2019 List - 69 Games

Last edited:

kingwingin

Here we go again. Think I made it to like 30ish last year, forgot to update since I was so busy with a new position at work.

eot

Banned
I completed this once but I don’t think I could again. Is there a cripple version, like 12 -one per month? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Mista

Banned
Reserved.

I think I finished 52 games or close to in 2019 alone. 2020, you’re on!

Last edited:
41/52 so far.

TIgFRE1.jpg

1. Wreckfest (PC) | 3rd Feb - 25hrs | 4/5
2. Witcher 3 (PC) | 7th Mar - 280hrs | 5/5
3. Link's Awakening (Switch) | 9th Mar - 20hrs | 4/5
4. Nier Automata (PC) | 21st Mar - 54hrs | 4/5
5. Borderlands 3 (PC) | 7th Apr - 91hrs | 3/5
6. Jedi: Fallen Order (PC) | 9th May - 37hrs | 4/5
7. Forza Motorsport 7 (PC) | 12th May - 530hrs | 5/5
8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC) | 15th May - 14hrs | 5/5
9. Just Cause 3 (PC) | 21st May - 86hrs | 4/5
10. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PC) | 3rd Jun - 9hrs | 4/5
11. Vanquish (PC) | 5th Jun - 6.5hrs | 4/5
12. Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) | 15th Jun - 25hrs | 5/5
13. Deliver Us the Moon (PC) | 20th Jun - 10hrs | 4/5
14. Rime (PC) | 23rd Jun - 15hrs | 4/5
15. Titanfall 2 (PC) | 28th Jun - 12hrs | 5/5
16. Machinarium (Switch) | 3rd Jul - 5hrs | 4/5
17. Halo 2: Anniversary (PC) | 7th July - 16 hrs | 4/5
18. Streets of Rage 4 (PC) | 10th Jul - 15hrs | 4/5
19. Halo 3 (PC) | 17th Jul - 15hrs | 5/5
20. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC) | 25th Jul - 63hrs | 3/5
21. Battletoads 2020 (PC) | 20th Aug - 10hrs | 2/5
22. Doom 2016 (PC) | 21st Aug - 24hrs | 5/5
23: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) | 30th Aug - 300hrs | 5/5
24. Dishonored (PC) | 10th Sep - 63hrs | 4/5
25. Dishonored 2 (PC) | 4th Oct - 72hrs | 5/5
26. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PC) | 4th Oct - 30hrs | 4/5
27. Soul Calibur IV (PC) | 7th Oct - 45hrs | 3/5
28. Song of the Deep (PC) | 14th Oct - 25hrs | 4/5
39. Wasteland 3 (PC) | 24th Oct - 58hrs | 3/5
30. Wasteland Remastered (PC) | 29th Oct - 35hrs | 4/5
31. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut (PC) | 21st Nov - 140hrs | 4/5
32. Hellblade (PC) | 24th Nov - 7hrs | 1/5
33. Halo 4 (PC) | 30th Nov - 8hrs | 3/5
34. Forza Horizon 3 (PC) | 1st Dec - 240hrs | 5/5
35. Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC) | 3rd Dec - 50 hrs | 5/5
36. Doom Eternal (PC) | 5th Dec - 35hrs | 4/5
37. Forza Horizon 4 (PC) | 10th Dec - 625hrs | 5/5
38. Psychonauts (PC) | 12th Dec - 19hrs | 3/5
39. Travis Strikes Again (PC) | 17th Dec - 16hrs | 3/5
40. Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo (PC) | 18th Dec - 3hrs | 3/5
41. Mad Max (PC) | 27th Dec - 92hrs | 3/5

1: Fallout 4: PC: 2000+ hours (yes, two thousand. Sad.)

2: Astral Chain: Switch: 20 hours

3: Forza 7 : PC: 500+ hours: My go-to semi-sim racer: 5/5

4: Forza Horizon 4: PC: 625+ hours: My go-to arcade racer: 5/5

5: Project Cars 2: PC: 60+ hours: Because I hate myself: 4/5

6: Wreckfest: PC: 25 hours in 2020: Great arcade racer amazing crash physics: 4/5

7: Witcher 3: PC: 280 hours: Great adventure, lots to do: 5/5

8: Soul Calibur VI: PC: 45+ hours: Shit graphics, plays great: 3/5

9: Tales of Symphonia: PC: 5 hours: Really good so far

10: Link's Awakening: Switch: 20 hours: 100% nostalgia but something was off: 4/5

11: Doom: PC: 24 hours: Bang bang shoot shoot with no bullshit: 5/5

12: Nier Automata: PC: 54 hours: Lots of ladders and lots of shitty graphics: 4/5

13: Borderlands 3: PC: 91 hours: The worst Borderlands, but plays well: 3/5

14: Jedi:Fallen Order: PC: 40 hours: Best Star Wars game in over a decade, a bit janky: 4/5

15: Ori and the Will of the Wisps: PC: 14 hours: Masterpiece: 5/5

16: Animal Crossing: Switch: 300+ hours: It's fucking crack: 5/5

17: Just Cause 3: PC: 86 hours: So much shit to do, great sandbox: 4/5

18: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition : PC: 10 hours: Hilarious and hilariously short: 4/5

19: Vanquish: PC: 10 hours: Concentrated insanity: 4/5

20: Just Cause 4: PC: 2 hours: Awful game, wtf!: 1/5

21: Luigi's Mansion 3: Switch: 25 hours: A well-crafted experience: 5/5

22: Deliver Us The Moon: PC: 10 hours: Short, but somehow the perfect length: 4/5

23: Rime: PC: 15 hours: Some small issues, but overall a wonderful little game: 4/5

24: Titanfall 2: PC: 15 hours: Your robot was a bro: 5/5

25: Machinarium: Switch: 5 hours: I suck at these kinds of games, but the art was just great: 4/5

26: Halo 2: Anniversary: PC: 16 hours: Both the best and the worst Halo game. Some parts are brilliant, while others seem to drag on forever. 4/5

27: Dragon Quest XI: Switch 60 hours: So far it's fantastic

28: Streets of Rage 4: PC: 15 hours: It's a pretty standard beat-em-up: 4/5

29: Halo 3: PC: 15 hours: Easily my favorite Halo game. The people in the game look fucking awful though, nightmare fuel Lord Hood wearing a hat with less polygons than Mario's in Mario 64. 5/5

29: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: PC: 63 hours: Chose your own adventure - the game: 3/5

30: Fire Emblem: Heroes: Mobile: 200+ hours: Gatcha, but at least there's a game under it: 4/5

31: Battletoads 2020: PC: 10 hours: Thankfully I didn't buy this. Tries way too hard in all the wrong places. 2/5

32: Dishonored: PC: 63 hours: A better example of choose your own adventure: 4/5

33: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: PC: 50+ hours: Not a game, but I did try to land a single engine plane on a 747 in the air: 5/5

34. Dishonored 2: PC: 72 hours: One of my favorite games in years, so many ways to play, so many creative stages: 5/5

35. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider: PC: 30 hours: Kind of a DLC sized stand-alone game, but what's there is nicely done: 4/5

36. Song of the Deep: PC: 25 hours: It's Ecco the Dolphin but you're some kid in a submarine. Charming game: 4/5

37. Wasteland 3: PC: 58 hours: A bit clunky and a lot shorter than I expected, but good. 3/5

38. Wasteland Remastered: PC: 35 hours: Birthplace of Fallout! Super clunky and old but that's how it was in 1988. The remaster did a good job retaining the old art. 4/5

39. Wasteland 2: Director's Cut: PC: 140hrs: This game is a much longer game than you'd imagine if you played Wasteland 3 first. Bugged missions abound, and it's clear they didn't get everything done they wanted to with the game, but the humor and world made here were fantastic. 4/5

40. Hellblade: PC: 7 hours: Boring game, bad combat, puzzles for brainlets. Looks great at times but performs like ass. 1/5

41. Halo 4: PC: 8 hours: While most people play it again and find it better than before, I found it worse. Too much talking all the time. 3/5

42. Forza Horizon 3: PC: 241 hours: Better than Horizon 4, although there is less to do overall. 5/5

43. Doom Eternal: PC: 35 hours: At first I was unsure if I liked it as much as Doom 2016, but ended up having more fun with this one. 4/5

44. Psychonauts: PC: 19 hours: Meat Circus can suck my dick, what a shit level. Game was a solid 4/5 until I hit this stage. 3/5

45. Travis Strikes Again: PC: 16 hours: Fun game but it starts to get repetitive right away. Stuck around to the end for the weird stuff. 3/5

46. Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo: PC: 3 hours: Bullet hell shooter, lots going on but it felt somewhat imprecise and a bit too forgiving for this kind of game. 3/5

47. Mad Max: PC: 92 hours: I enjoyed driving around in this game but the game was about 30 hours longer to 100% than it should have been. The entire game has you building this awesome car but the last half of the game keep either forcing you to downgrade it, or puts you in a shitty car instead which go annoying. 3/5

Last edited:

tav7623

Just gonna reserve this spot for my "list" and this will also be my 6th attempt at the challenge (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019). As of right now here are some of the games I've been playing going into the new year that I haven't finished yet: Medevil Remake (I just returned to the land of the living), Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (I've currently rescued about 8 members of the "Bee-talion" so I've got about 40 to go before I'm ready to attack the "Impossible Lair"), and Yakuza Kiwami 2 (I'm on Chapter 13 so I've got about 4 chapters to go before I beat the game's story mode).

Game #1 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 (PS4)
- Finished the game's main campaign (7-8 ish hrs) and have played approximately 10+ hrs of the online multiplayer mode this year (last year I played north of 250 hrs in this mode) on 1/2/20
- Overall the game's story wasn't too bad and the online multiplayer can get a bit infuriating at times, but this is imo still a pretty solid all-round game even though the game's story isn't as "bombastic" as
previous entries.

Game #2 - Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Xbox One)
- Finished the game's story campaign with about 76% overall completion (90% of in-game collectibles found and 61% of achievements unlocked) on 1/3/20
- I got this game as a Christmas present and overall I really enjoyed this game's story, especially the sequence near the end where a certain somebody shows up. Though I feel like the story was kinda rushed in some areas and that there should have been more to the game/story. Hopefully there will be a beefy post story DLC expansion for the game, but if there isn't then I hope that EA doesn't f**k things up and allows Respawn to make a proper sequel to this game.

Game #3 - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2)
- Finished the game's story in about 9 hrs on 1/9/20
- I first played this game Christmas morning the year it came out (2005) and got about as far as the battle with St. Germain before quitting/giving up on the game. After getting a Pound PS2 HDMI cable late last year I decided to return to some of my old PS2 games that I had never beaten/finished. I chose to do this game first because I've been on a bit of a Castlevania kick, I found out about the unlockable Trevor mode (which I sooooo want to play :p ), and beating this game would mean there'd only be one 3d Castlevania game (Castlevania 64: Legacy of Darkness) that I hadn't played/beaten.

Game # 4 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
- Finished the game's story on normal difficulty in about 23 hrs on 1/13/20
- I got this game as a belated B-day present and have been slowly playing through the game's story. Overall I really enjoyed this over the top/ semi open-world/3D beat-em up/crime drama and plan to eventually 100% complete it down the road now that I've finished the main story.

Game #5 - Mega Man X3 (Mega Man X Legacy Collection Vol.1 on Xbox One)
- Finished the game, 100% (including all secrets & achievements) in (roughly) 15 hrs (overall) on 1/31/20
- I first started this game (which I had never played prior to getting the Mega Man X Legacy Collection Vol.1) after 100% completing Mega Man X1 & X2 back in 2018 (which was also the first time I'd 100% completed X and the first time I'd played X2), but after getting a bit aggravated by the Doppler Stages at the tail end of the game I ended up stepping away from the game until yesterday (1/30/20) after watching the Johnny Vs. Mega Man X2 & X3 video and remember that "oh yeah, I haven't finished Mega Man X3". Overall I'm not a big fan of Mega Man X3, I prefer the first two games in the series instead. Though now that I've 100% completed 3 of the 4 games included in the Mega Man X collection I'll definitely have shoot for 100% completing X4 (another game in the series I hadn't played before) before picking up Vol.2 of the Mega Man X Legacy Collection.

Game #6 - MLB the Show 20
- put in at least 80 hrs into the game's Diamond Dynasty mode, overall it's pretty good though so far it imo is severely lacking when it comes to Moments (which went from being it's own mode to being put in as a mini mode for DD) which is a bit disappointing. UPDATE: on 10/18/20 I obtained the Platinum trophy for this game

Game #7 - Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4)
- Finished story mode on normal difficulty on 4/2/2020
- Overall I was a bit disappointed by this remake as they removed some of my favorite aspects of the original release such as certain "key" pieces of dialogue, areas & actually being afraid of Nemesis (ie. Nemesis' apparent randomness) that really makes the game feel inferior to RE 2 remake (I enjoyed RE 2 remake, but RE 3 remake should have been much better than RE 2 remake just like how the og RE 3 is better ;) :p than the og version of RE 2)

Game # 8 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
- Finished story mode on normal difficulty on 4/15/2020
- Going into FF 7 remake I had only played about 2 hrs of the HD remaster for the original FF 7 (I just got to Wall Market w/ Aerith) so most of the story of FF 7 remake was mostly new/fresh for me and overall I really enjoyed the game (though I've heard that some of the diehard fans of the original game were kinda pissed off by this game) so I'm really looking forward to the sequels. I'm also now planning on going back and playing some more of the FF 7 HD remaster.

Game #9 -Super Mario Odyssey
- Finished the game's story on 5/25/2020
- I really enjoyed playing SMO and am currently planning on 100% completing the game (I currently have 438 of 999 possible Power Moons)

Game #10 - Streets of Rage 4 (Switch & PS4)
- Finished the game's story mode on normal difficulty on 6/3/2020 (Switch)
- I really enjoyed playing this game even though it at times was a bit frustrating/difficult to finish stages before losing all your lives or using the assist feature (which I only ended up using once to help get past stage 11) at times. I plan to replay the game's story later this year when my physical PS4 copy from LRG shows up, in the meantime I'll probably revisit it every now & then to try and improve my stage ranks (I've a few B's but mostly a lot of C's & D's that I'd like to improve upon) as well as unlock some of the classic characters (atm I've only unlocked SoR 1 Axel)

Update: My physical PS4 copy showed up the other day (8/24/2020) and it took me about a day & a half to beat the game (obtaining 41% of the game's Trophies in the process) on Normal difficulty, but I managed to do it using a single character (Axel) and no assist measures. The game was just as tough & frustrating at times as the Switch version was, but I definitely plan on re-playing again (though I'm leaning towards using easy mode until the rumored patch for the game comes out) to try and unlock more of the characters/trophies (though getting the Hard Mode & Mania mode trophies are gonna be a b!t&h)

Game #11 - Shantae and the Seven Sirens (Switch)
- Finished the game on normal difficulty with 88% completion on 10/20/2020
- Ever since playing Shantae and the Pirates Curse for the 3DS I've become a big fan of the Shantae games and this game was no different though I was dissappointed that it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the amount of content that the last Shantae game (1/2 Genie Hero) had.

Game # 12 - Astro's Playroom (PS5)
- Finished 100% on 11/15/2020
- I really enjoyed this short 3D platformer and was blown away by the way it used the new features of the PS5 DualSense controller

Game #13 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
- Finished the story on 11/16/2020 and got 100% Completion several days later
- I overall enjoyed the game even though I did have a few nagging issues with the story, but I did love the tease for Spider-Man 2

Game #14 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War (PS5)
- Finished the story in both Normal & Veteran difficulty on 11/22/2020 as well as obtained all story related trophies and have played 15+ hours of both the Zombies & Multiplayer modes
- Overall I did not care for the game's story and felt that outside of a few missions (mostly the ones involving Demitiri, Woods & Mason) it was imo one of the weakest CoD story's I've played so far. To make matters worst I encountered numerous instances where the AI characters wouldn't do anything unless I advanced to certain points within the missions which led to a lot of pointless deaths and pissed me off cause it's a 2020 COD not a fu****g 2008 CoD (this was imo especially egregious in World at War) so why is it using an horrible & archaic mechanic. In terms of Zombies & Multiplayer I enjoyed those modes a lot more than the story mode, which for me is odd especially in the case of Zombies as I don't play that mode all that often (the most I've played of the mode were in Infinite Warfare mainly due to the DLC guest characters & WWII because they had the casual easter egg which I loved and then promptly abandoned it with the rest of the DLC maps).

On Deck/In Progress
LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - I beat this game when it first came out on the Wii U, but since I recently became a new Switch owner I ended up double-dipping on this game and am almost towards the end of the game's main story

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch) - I'm currently on Ch.3 and am for the most part enjoying the game, given my current influx of Switch games (since I'm a new Switch owner) I've been trying to alternate/heavily focus on 2 games at a time so this one will probably be next on the list along with Luigi's Mansion 3

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) - So far I've done several floors of the Haunted Hotel and just like with SoR 4 I've been taking my sweet time with the game since I'm a big fan of the series

Y's 8: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch) - I played a demo for this game a few years ago on the PS4 and was looking to get it for the PS4 but could only find it physically (at a decent price) for the Switch. So far I'm still in the early game and have had 1-2 boss fights/encounters, but I'm definitely digging the game's island setting.

Sonic Mania (Switch) - I played this game originally on the Xbox One and absolutely loved it so when I heard it was on sale for the Switch for $10 I had to jump on it.

Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - I'm not the biggest Smash fan, but after seeing the roster for this game as well as hearing that it has a story mode I decided to pick it up. So far in Spirits mode (the story mode.....I think) I've unlocked several fighters, as well as a few assist fighters/cards and I'm looking forward to finally unlocking the Belmonts & Solid Snake.

Stranger Things 3: The Game (Switch) - I'm not the biggest fan of isometric style games, but I love the retro aesthetic/art design and I enjoy the show so I decided to pick it up the physical version from Best Buy. So far I'm a few chapters in and it's loosely following the story from Season 3 of the show so I already have an idea as to what's gonna happen storywise., which is why it's kinda on the back burner while I (try to) focus on other games.

DOOM Eternal (Xbox One) - I got this before getting a Switch and was about halfway through the game's story before I got sidelined by the arrival of my new Switch. Hopefully, I'll be able to hop back into it before the end of the year.

The Messanger (PS4) - I picked this up while it was on sale after trying it out on Xbox Gamepass and am so far about a quarter (I think) of the way through the game

Last edited:

Phase

1. Diddy Kong Racing (N64) | 3rd Jan - 12hrs | 5/5
2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) | 4th Jan - 6hrs | 2/5
3. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) | 6th Jan - 12.5hrs | 5/5
4. Extreme-G (N64) | 8th Jan - 2hrs | 4/5
5. Spyro the Dragon (Reignited) (PC) | 9th Jan - 6.5hrs | 4/5
6. Mario Kart 64 (N64) | 11th Jan - 1hr | 5/5
7. Max Payne (PC) | 12th Jan - 7.5hrs | 4/5
8. Star Fox 64 (N64) | 13th Jan - 2hrs | 5/5
9. Wave Race 64 (N64) | 13th Jan - 2hrs | 4/5
10. Rayman Legends (PC) | 16th Jan - 8hrs | 4/5
11. Serious Sam 2 (PC) | 20th Jan - 11hrs | 3/5
12. Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) | 21st Jan - 10hrs | 4/5
13. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4) | 24th Jan - 9hrs | 3/5
14. Quake (PC) | 30th Jan - 4hrs | 4/5
15. Quake 2 (PC) | 3rd Feb - 6.5hrs | 3/5
16. Journey to the Savage Planet (PC) | 6th Feb - 6hrs | 4/5
17. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (PC) | 14th Feb - 5.5hrs | 3/5
18. Halo 3 (Xbox One X) | 29th Feb - 3.5hrs | 5/5
19. Halo: Reach (PC) | 11th Mar - 7hrs | 4/5
20. Deus Ex (PC) | 20th Mar - 28hrs | 5/5
21. Doom 2016 (PC) | 29th Apr - 16hrs | 4/5
22. Amid Evil (PC) | 9th May - 12hrs | 4/5
23. Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) | 16th May - 20hrs | 4/5
24. F.E.A.R. 2 (PC) | 18th May - 6hrs | 4/5
25. Black Mesa (PC) | 31st May - 14hrs | 5/5
26. Dark Souls item randomizer run (PC) | 20th Jun - 11hrs | 5/5
27. Ape Escape 2 (PS2) | 29th Jun - 7hrs | 4/5
28. Gris (PC) | 2nd Jul - 3hrs | 4/5
29. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC) | 5th Jul - 5hrs | 4/5
30. Dusk (PC) | 9th Jul - 5hrs | 4/5
31. FrostRunner (PC) | 12th Jul - 1hr | 3/5
32. Dear Esther: Landmark Edition (PC) | 12th Jul - 1.5hrs | 3/5
33. Deadcore (PC) | 16th Jul - 3.5hrs | 5/5
34. Refunct (PC) | 17th Jul - 0.5hrs | 4/5
35. Portal (PC) | 18th Jul - 2hrs | 5/5
36. Portal 2 (PC) | 20th Jul - 5hrs | 5/5
37. Neave (PC) | 22nd Jul - 0.5hrs | 3/5
38. Tacoma (PC) | 25th Jul - 1hr | 3/5
39. The Stanley Parable (PC) | 25th Jul - 1hr | 4/5
40. Mark of the Ninja Remastered (PC) | 28th Jul - 5hrs | 5/5
41. Supraland (PC) | 31st Jul - 12.5hrs | 4/5
42. Fez (PC) | 2nd Aug - 6.5hrs | 4/5
43. The Talos Principle (PC) | 6th Aug - 13hrs | 4/5
44. A Story About My Uncle (PC) | 7th Aug - 2.5hrs | 2/5
45. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PC) | 13th Aug - 5.5hrs | 3/5
46. Abzu (PC) | 21st Aug - 1.5hrs | 3/5
47. Prey (PC) | 16th Sep - 22hrs | 4/5
48. The Unfinished Swan (PC) | 17th Sep - 2.5hrs | 4/5
49. Diablo 3 + Reaper of Souls (PC) | 10th Oct - 22hrs | 4/5
50. Dead Space 2 (PC) | 15th Oct - 10hrs | 4/5
51. Grim Dawn (PC) + Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods | 25th Oct - 47hrs | 5/5
52. Yakuza 0 (PC) | 31st Oct - 29hrs | 5/5

Completed 52/52 !!!

Screenshot-2020-10-25-215341.png

52gamessecond.png

1. Diddy Kong Racing 5/5 - Loved it. Brought back memories of when games were pure fun.
2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice 2/5 - Sound design and graphics: great. Boss fights and illusion mechanics are kind of cool but... fighting overall is too repetitive and boring, and the game's mechanics overstay their welcome.
3. Ratchet & Clank 5/5 - Unexpectedly amazing remake. Platforming is fluid and controls well, the different guns are fun to use, planets are beautiful, and graphics/sounds/voice acting are all great. Humorous too.
4. Extreme-G 4/5 - I forgot how awesome non-simulation racing games can be. And that soundtrack!
5. Spyro the Dragon (Reignited) 4/5 - Used reshade as I didn't love the look, but loved the game. Glad they had an original music option.
6. Mario Kart 64 5/5 - Continuing my 64 nostalgia trip. Beat every 150cc cup, shortcuts still fresh in my mind after all this time. A classic.
7. Max Payne 4/5 - Focused and intense. Noir executed to perfection. A few issues on PC but a unique work of art nonetheless.
8. Star Fox 64 5/5 - One of a kind. Was really fun to go back and play this through. The music, sounds, voices of the characters all brought back great memories. I had forgotten how the game has multiple paths based on your success or failure to meet objectives in certain missions. Really cool.
9. Wave Race 64 4/5 - I've always loved these arcade style racers. Beat normal, hard, expert difficulty modes and completed stunt mode.
10. Rayman Legends 4/5 - Great platformer, though the momentum based movement makes the game seem sloppy sometimes.
11. Serious Sam 2 3/5 - Decently fun wave shooter but the enemy spawn system can be frustrating and the flat arenas are boring (especially the last level).
12. Gravity Rush Remastered 4/5 - Loved the gravity mechanic and had a blast flying around. Music is wonderful. Combat is the only downside.
13. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 3/5 - Kind of surprised by how average this game was. One shooting gallery to the next gets old. Characters are likable though.
14. Quake 4/5 - Really enjoyed it. Levels are fun and short, and there's lots of them. Movement is fast which I love. Had never played the first one so I'm glad I got to play through it.
15. Quake 2 3/5 - Felt more bland than the first one, and I didn't like the level design.
16. Journey to the Savage Planet 4/5 - Pretty fun game. Lots of different acquirable mechanics and unique world.
17. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter 3/5 - Definitely a product of its time. Fun but very simple. Map design is decent.
18. Halo 3 5/5 - Had to play through on Heroic once more for some fun. Love this game.
19. Halo: Reach 4/5 - Playing through on PC was cool. Wonderful with a mouse. Great game.
20. Deus Ex 5/5 - Amazing game. Loved the mechanics and upgrades, and the story is second to none.
21. Doom 2016 4/5 - Very fun. It really sticks to its strengths and is great as a result.
22. Amid Evil 4/5 - Really unique and fun. Great atmosphere and a variety of environments fun to traverse. Last few levels are pretty crazy.
23. Gravity Rush 2 4/5 - Stuck to the strengths of the first game and I loved it. Very unique world. Only downside is I preferred the original game's upgrade system over this one.
24. F.E.A.R. 2 4/5 - Great single player shooter. Physics and graphics are phenomenal for 2009.
25. Black Mesa 5/5 - Amazing. Music was so good in this as well.
26. Dark Souls 5/5 - Item randomizer run. Very fun mix up. It was great to do a run again.
27. Ape Escape 2 4/5 - Very fun to play a game from my childhood that I missed. Great levels and boss fights. Only negative was the annoying camera.
28. Gris 4/5 - Very nice short experience. Music and art style were both wonderful and well done.
29. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne 4/5 - Great follow up to the first game. I still love that noir style.
30. Dusk 4/5 - Fantastic and furiously paced. Best FPS I've played in years.
31. FrostRunner 3/5 - Fun but way too short, even when consistently retrying levels to get the quickest times I only reached an hour of playtime.
32. Dear Esther: Landmark Edition 3/5 - Played this once before but it still hit me emotionally this time. I wish the Narrator gave slightly more detail to the player but sometimes less is more. I still feel like they could have done more with the game but I enjoyed it nonetheless once again.
33. Deadcore 5/5 - What a sweet platformer. Pretty hard at times but sometimes thinking outside the box really helps. So fun.
34. Refunct 4/5 - Very short platformer, but has nice clean visuals and a relaxing soundtrack. Gonna try to speedrun it in the near future.
35. Portal 5/5 - Keeping my 3D platformer string going I had to replay Portal for the first time in years. Still love it's humor and brilliance to this day. On to Portal 2 once again!
36. Portal 2 5/5 - Really great game. The humor and personality of this series puts it in the top echelon.
37. Neave 3/5 - Decent game. Kind of like Refunct but less refined. It would be nice if these types of games had some type of environment and textures to give it some character and life.
38. Tacoma 3/5 - Good voice acting and decent story. Not very original, and even listening to most of the dialogues it only took me just over an hour. Kind of expected it to be longer.
39. The Stanley Parable 4/5 - Great narration. Lots of branching deaths lol. I will probably play some more to find some of the alternate paths I missed but overall very well done "walking sim."
40. Mark of the Ninja Remastered 5/5 - I played it way back but remembered none of it. Wonderfully designed game. Good soundtrack, ambiance, art style, and mechanics.
41. Supraland 4/5 - Really well done. Puzzles can be a bit frustrating as there's not always more than one way to solve them, but this is a pretty amazing platformer. Earning abilities and skills as you go along really gives a good sense of progression and freedom.
42. Fez 4/5 - A big surprise to me. I grabbed it a while back free from the Epic Store and just got to it. Very innovative puzzle platformer with brilliant music. Would've gave 5/5 but it was frustrating finding the last few cubes in order to have enough to beat the game.
43. The Talos Principle 4/5 - Great puzzle game with great writing, minimal that it is. Some puzzles are pretty hard. I got to the 5th level of the tower but that's where I stopped and just finished the game.
44. A Story About My Uncle 2/5 - Another 3d platformer, but unfortunately it's too inconsistent mechanically to enjoy. First, your grapple gloves distance isn't consistent throughout the game so what you think will work sometimes just won't, and some sequences have to be done in a specific order otherwise what should work simply doesn't. Very frustrating. Second, the story seems shoehorned in to give the game some emotion. Fell pretty flat for me.
45. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition 3/5 - Decent and fun fps but it gets pretty repetitive and there are too many cutscenes (which aren't good).
46. Abzu 3/5 - Great underwater environment and music. Very relaxing swim, but basically just a swimming simulator.
47. Prey 4/5 - Great game, albeit a bit frustrating at times. You get into the flow after a while and the story becomes very interesting. There's really a lot of freedom in how you want to play, and every aspect of this game is done well.
48. The Unfinished Swan 4/5 - I finished the swan. But being serious it was a fun and original game. Really enjoyed the pacing.
49. Diablo 3 + Reaper of Souls Expansion 4/5 - Hadn't played an arpg in a while before finally starting this. Story was so-so and I didn't really like the new skill setup but I had fun and definitely enjoyed my playthrough. I also got a ridiculous drop after beating Malthael that goes perfectly with my build. I'll be playing Adventure mode for sure when I finish this 52 game challenge.
50. Dead Space 2 4/5 - Fantastic game minus a few forced cinematic sequences (for some reason the mouse sens was messed up in those). The near end and ending got my blood flowing. Great sequel to the first. I hadn't played it until now.
51. Grim Dawn + Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods 5/5 - Brilliant game. It was a little overwhelming at first, but I got comfortable and zeroed in on my build part way through and man was it fun. Loved the music and the different environments. The skills, weapons, proc's, all work well. A really fun ride. Loved the dlc's too. Great content.
52. Yakuza 0 5/5 - What a game. All around well done. Great voice acting, dialogue, facial animation, fighting, progression, and story. I enjoyed every bit of it.

Currently playing
Witcher 2
FF7
Stalker: SOC

Last edited:
1. Basketball Club Story (Android) | 1st Jan - 10hrs | 5/5
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (PC) | 1st Jan - 20hrs | 5/5
3. Unavowed (PC) | 5th Jan - 10hrs | 5/5
4. Witcher II (PC) | 19th Jan - 22hrs | 4/5
5. Metro 2033 Redux (PC) | 23th Jan - 10hrs | 4/5
6. Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch) | 30th Jan - 14:58hrs | 4/5
7. Metro Last Light Redux (PC) | 2nd Feb - 11hrs | 5/5
8. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (Switch) | 6th Feb - 17:49hrs | 5/5
9. Guacamelee! 2 (PC) | 10th Feb - 11:25hrs | 4/5
10. SUPERHOT (PC) | 10th Feb - 3hrs | 3/5
11. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PC) | 16th Feb - 8hrs | 4/5
12. The Great Ace Attorney (3DS) | 19th Feb - 30hrs | 4/5
13. Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4) | 26th Feb - 74:32hrs | 5/5
14. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (PC) | 27th Feb - 12:34hrs | 4/5
15. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (PC) | 12th March - 8hrs | 3/5
16. Doom Eternal (PC) | 4th April - 20hrs | 5/5
17. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Switch) | 20th April - 36:46hrs | 4/5
18. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) | 27th April - 35:59hrs | 5/5
19. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (PC) | 28th April - 36:16hrs | 3/5
20. Picross S (Switch) | 2nd May l 15hrs | 2/5
21. Trials of Mana (Switch) | 8th May | 18:37hrs | 4/5
22. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (PC) | 9th May | 4:56hrs | 4/5
23. Streets of Rage 4 (PC) | 13th May | 3hrs | 4/5
24. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC) | 17th May | 17rs | 5/5
25. XCOM 2 Collection (PC) | 31 May | 40hrs | 5/5
26. Persona 5 Royal | 6th June (PS4) | 91:50hrs | 5/5
27. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC) | 9th June | 12:23hrs | 5/5
28. Halo 2 Anniversary (PC) | 14th June | 10hrs | 4/5
29. Portal 2 (PC) | 26th June | 7hrs | 5/5
30. The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4) | 3rd July | 23:49hrs | 4/5
31. Black Mesa (PC) | 8th July | 17hrs | 4/5
32. Murder by Numbers (PC) | 30th July | 15hrs | 2/5
33. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) | 16th August | 50hrs | 5/5
34. Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (PC) | 19th August | 31hrs | 5/5
35. Helltaker (PC) | 24th August | 1hr | 3/5
36. Xenoblade Chronicles (Switch) | 31st August | 70hrs | 4/5
37. Metro: Exodus (PC) | 6th September | 18hrs | 5/5
38. Wasteland 3 (PC) | 28th September | 50hrs | 4/5
39. Titanfall 2 (PC) | 28th September | 7hrs | 5/5
40. Yakuza 3 Remastered (PS4) | 4th October | 48hrs | 4/5
41. Far cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC) | 8th October| 5hrs | 3/5
42. The Blackwell Legacy (PC) | 11th October | 2hrs | 2/5
43. Rive (Switch) | 11th October | 5hrs | 4/5
44. Higurashi: Himatsubushi (PC) | 13th October | 12hrs | 3/5
45. Super Mario 64 (Switch) | 15th October | 20hrs | 5/5
46. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) | 15th October | 22hrs | 5/5
47. Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PC) | 25th October | 22hrs | 4/5
48. Katana Zero (PC) | 25th October | 5hrs | 4/5
49. Killer is Dead (PC) | 1st November | 8hrs | 4/5
50. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PC) | 11th November | 20hrs | 4/5
51. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (PC) | 23th November | 7hrs | 4/5
52. World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (PC) | 24th November | Many hrs | 3/5

COMPLETE!

Basketball Club StoryJedi: Fallen OrderUnavowedThe Witcher II: Enhanced EditionMetro 2033 ReduxLuigi's Mansion 3Metro: Last Light ReduxMonster Boy and the Cursed KingdomGuacamelee! 2SUPERHOTEnslaved: Odyssey to the WestThe Great Ace AttorneyTrails of Cold Steel IIISpyro 2: Ripto's Rage!Halo: Combat Evolved AnniversaryDoom EternalTokyo Mirage Sessions #FE EncoreFinal Fantasy VII RemakeDragon Ball Z: KakarotPicross STrials of ManaCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 RemasteredStreets of Rage 4XCOM: Enemy UnknownXCOM 2 CollectionPersona 5 The Royal

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

Time to do this again, reserved! I'm kinda adjusting my ratings as the year goes on, some games I scored way too high initially.

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, 10/10
I've clocked in almost 200 hours in just little over a month, highly addictive stuff! Shadowbringers in particular has been pretty great so far, I just beat the main scenario and now I need to start doing those raids and stuff. Most of our play group is still in Stormblood, so maybe I should play something else in the meantime...

2. Transformers: Devastation, 9/10
I got the game like a thousand years ago off of PS+, just beat it for the first time. My my, what a game. Loved the combat, music and nods to the old series. I still remember the cartoons and toys from my childhood, so playing this was one helluva nostalgia trip as well. Also, Vince motherfucking DiCola.

3. Horizon Zero Dawn, 8/10
Looks great, plays great. Gameplay wise it's a pretty generic AAA title and I'm not too fond of the setting, those are two negatives I can think of. Indian larping is kinda lame.

4. Resident Evil 2 Remake, 10/10
Last year I only gave this a 9/10, but now I must bump it up a bit, it's just too much fun to play. Did Claire A and Leon B this time. By far my favorite Resident Evil game and I can't wait to get my hands on 3R.

5. Mega Man X4, 9/10
Wow, what a game. I love the inclusion of Zero, such a fun character to use. OST has always been one of my favorites in the franchise, those synths 🤤.

6. King of Fighters XIV, 8/10
Welp, it's KoF. Visuals aren't too impressive, but I do like the gameplay. Beat the story mode, tutorials etc. Probably won't continue playing it too much, because there are so many better fighters out there.

7. Final Fantasy XV, 8/10
Really enjoyed the story, the music and the visuals, but the combat frustrated me to no end. It's just a total clusterfuck with unresponsive controls and weird camera angles. The open world also felt so empty and boring. So much wasted potential...

8. The King of Dragons, 7/10
Really simplistic, but enjoyable.

9. Captain Commando, 8/10
This one was great! There are so many cool combat options in the game (skills, weapons and mechs). I really enjoyed the humor and the character designs as well, it has the 90's written all over it.

10. Ys Origin, 8/10
I've always heard good things about this series, so I finally gave it a shot, wasn't disappointed. It's really simple, but so much fun. I'm almost done with the last character. Can't wait to hop into Ys VIII at some point!

11. Gears of War Judgement, 8/10
So last weekend me and my friend decided to continue our Gears series playthrough in the form of Judgement and man something about this game still bugs me. I dunno if it's the tone, level design or the scoring system, but Judgement is just not as fun to play as the other ones.

12. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, 9/10
Great addition to the main game. Cool bosses and areas. Orphan can go fuck himself, hardest boss in the game by far.

13. Bloodborne, 10/10
Finished it for the first time and I must admit, it's an all-time classic. I just love how the game plays and feels. Definitely one of the most intense and rewarding gaming experiences I've ever had.

14. Dragonball FighterZ, 9/10
I beat the story mode again, just for fun (yes, the story is still crap, thank god you can skip cutscenes). For a longtime DB fan, this game is just perfect. It's simple, smooth and fun, one of the best looking games I've ever played as well.

15. Astral Chain, 8/10
I was mostly in it for the combat, didn't really enjoy the other gameplay styles. Story and world were pretty interesting, loved the OST!

16. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, 9/10
I fucking loved this game, never played the original. It's just so cute and compact. Some of the bosses were kinda pushovers, but who cares, it was just too much fun.

17. Bayonetta 2, 9/10
What can I say, game was great. I think it's better than the first game in almost every way. Less bs quick-time events and more streamlined level design.

18. Mega Man X5, 7/10
Kinda boring after X4, which is a game I really liked. Still a decent entry in the series.

19. Gears of War 4, 8/10
Finally tackled this one with a buddy. It was surprisingly good. Gameplay is so much smoother than in the 360 games. Story is kinda like Force Awakens, but whatever, I don't play Gears for its story.

20. South Park : The Fractured but Whole, 8/10
Funny as fuck, the difficulty selection screen in the beginning made me almost piss my pants. Gameplay felt kinda repetitive, but writing was excellent. I haven't watched SP in years, but after playing this one, I definitely feel like I should start watching again.

21. BlazBlue: Central Fiction, 8/10
I played BB: CT and CS back in the 360 days and wanted to see what had changed. Not much, as it turns out. The game still plays like the BB I remembered. It's funny, mechanically I've always liked BB over GG, but GG definitely beats BB in style (who doesn't love the rock/metal theme). Out of the new characters I tried, I only really liked the boxer dude with the rekkas. Solid stuff, too bad game's been dead for awhile.

22. Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st], 8/10
Never played this series (?) before, saw it in the EVO lineup, so decided to give it a go. It's good. I really like the simple button layout and the fact that the combat is a bit more grounded compared to some of the other weeb fighters. Graphically it isn't very impressive, but I found a bunch of fun characters to play, so doesn't really matter to me. What is up with the name?

23. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, 7/10
This must be the simplest fighter I've ever played, still, it's so cool! It's nice to see Ragna, Hyde and those Persona characters duke it out. Ruby is my favorite character so far, don't know which game she's from. EDIT: played this with a friend, battle system isn't as fun as I initally thought.

24. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, 9/10

25. God of War (2018), 9/10

Holy crap this game was good. I always thought the OG God of Wars were super overrated, but this game is something else. It's gorgeous, it plays great and the story hits you right in the feels. Only reason why this one doesn't get a 10 is, because the game was kinda lacking in the boss department. I just wanted to fight big T and his dad... There was also some needless backtracking!

26. Gears 5, 8/10
Aaaand our Gears series playthrough finally comes to a close. Level design is definitely a step in the right direction with maps being more open etc. Gunplay hasn't evolved too much, it's still the same old duck and shoot type of deal. Jack's abilities were a nice addition to the player's toolkit. Definitely a solid entry overall.

27. Yakuza 0, 9/10
Wow what a game. I didn't expect much going into the series, but this one totally blew me away. Story is one of the greatest I've ever got to experience in a video game. At times it was funny, at times it was sad and at times it was just epic. Total roller coaster ride. It's amazing how they were able to craft one of the best game stories around one simple real estate deal. And the game wasn't short either. Combat was kinda wonky, but fun. Will definitely get Yakuza Kiwami at some point.

28. Mass Effect 2, 10/10
This game is still one of the best ever. Started a new male infiltrator using Genesis and did basically all the major missions and dlc. Will do ME3 with this char at some point as well

29. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, 8/10
Great follow up to the first game. There are definitely some technical issues with the X version, but they don't hinder the overall experience too much. People who enjoyed number uno, get this!

30. Mass Effect 3, 10/10
I don't care what people say, this game is effing great. Extended cut + Leviathan made the ending way more logical from a lore point of view. Also, ME3 combat system is still one of the best ever created. I actually spent hundreds of hours playing the multiplayer back in the day.

31. Super Mario Bros, 9/10
This game is still a classic. Tight controls and level design. Fun to speedrun!

32. Super Mario Bros. 3, 10/10
My fav NES game of all time. I think I've beaten SMB3 like a 100 times at this point, still it's so much fun.

33. Super Mario World, 10/10
Just like SMB3, it's absolutely amazing for its time.

34. Persona 5, 10/10
P5 is the best JRPG I've ever played, I realized it almost instantly after the credits started rolling. I just can't get over how much I love the style and music of this game. Shoji Meguro's work on the soundtrack is just phenomenal. I got huge goosebumps every time 'Life Will Change' started playing and 'Beneath the Mask' will be my go to chill song for years to come! There was also the story, which was good stuff, to put it mildly.

35. Resident Evil 3 Remake, 9/10
Yeah the game is short and linear, but who cares, it's a blast to play. Dodging feels just amazing once you get the timing down. I actually went for the platinum, because I liked replaying the game so much. Final boss on Inferno has some of the most intense attack patterns I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game.

36. Resident Evil 4, 9/10
Not gonna lie, took me almost an hour to get used to the controls again, but after that, it was smooth sailing, mostly. Combat is still satisfying as ever. Still don't like Ashley though, game would have been better without her. Even with some shortcomings, memorable locations and enemies alone make RE4 a Classic/10.

37. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, 10/10
Took me around 30 hours to finish the story and all of the side missions and man, did this game deliver. I just can't believe how much fan service they managed to put in here for the fans of the original. My favorite moment by far, was the cutscene that plays in the auditorium of the Shinra building, it was truly eye candy of the highest order. The final chapter was also just batshit crazy and I loved every second of it. My only gripe with the game is that we're gonna have to wait another 4 years for the sequel if they intend to keep up with the quality...

38. Final Fantasy 7 (1997), 10/10
I wanted more FF7 after beating the remake, so I decided to revisit the original once again. Gameplay has definitely aged pretty poorly at times (some of the minigames, blurry backgrounds -> not knowing where you should go), but the story and characters are just timeless. FF7 OST is one of the best things ever created as well. I can't wait to see how some of those later events will look like in the next installment(s) of the Remake.

39. Final Fantasy 8 Remastered, 7/10
What a weird, but wonderful game. Liked the story, ost and some of the characters (mainly Squall and Rinoa). Edgiest of the edge meets quirky girl next door, 10/10 cringe right there. My favorite track from the OST is the airship song, super uplifting stuff.
My biggest gripes are with the battle system. I didn't like junctioning at all. Luckily there are cheats to speed up drawing and stuff, but menuing can still be a major pain in the ass, especially with forced party switches etc. Also, level scaling is dumb in single player rpgs. To me the whole point is to start out weak, but end up overpowered. You can kinda do it here, but it involves grinding in triple triad. Didn't really feel like doing that, didn't play gwent in W3 either.

40. Persona 4: Dancing All Night!, 7/10
Interesting rhythm game, liked it a lot. No brainer for fan of Persona music and rhythm games. Story seemed stupid, so I skipped most of the dialogue to get to the good parts.

41. Final Fantasy IX, 10/10
Beautiful story and game. I hope one day we'll get another Final Fantasy like this. Also, Vivi is seriously one of the best FF characters ever, he's just so lovable.

42. Street Fighter V, 9/10
Finally got a new arcade stick, so I've been playing a crap ton of arcade mode to get a feel for it. Arcade is by far my favorite thing about this game, still not a huge fan of online. Hopefully this corona crap ends at some point, so we can get local fight nights back rolling.

43. Final Fantasy X, 9/10
Bad: cloister puzzles, Tidus.
Good: everything else.
Final Battle managed to be pretty tricky even though I had Holy on both Yuna and Lulu and Auron was doing 9999 after an armor break. Took me around 35hrs to finish.

44. Devil May Cry 1, 9/10
What can I say, it's a classic. I forgot how OP DT was in this game, you can basically just mash triangle and destroy the spooder and Nelo Angelo every time.

45. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, 9/10
RESURRECTION!!!!! One of the best SF games.

46. Jedi Fallen Order, 9/10
Best Star Wars game in years. It has some graphical issues, but wielding a light saber has never felt this satisfying. Can't wait for the next game!

47. Final Fight, 8/10
It's a classic. Simplistic, but fun.

48. Tekken 7, 9/10
I'm not a big tekken guy, but this game is great. Redid the story stuff, because I just bough it on the PS4, steam version I've had for years.

49. Trials of Mana (remake), 9/10
Loooved the game, fuck metacritic. I got 2 stars on the save file for doing pretty much everything, I think.

50. Ultra Street Fighter IV, 10/10
I played a bunch of arcade mode to get a feel for my new stick. Best SF game of all time.

51. Resident Evil 5, 9/10
I did two playthroughs with my best friend, this game is still one of the best co-op experiences ever created.

52. Rayman Legends, 8/10
I really don't like rayman characters, but those music stages are pretty amazing. Solid platformer.

53. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 10/10
I basically 100%'d spirit board, because it got so addicting, I never even tried the mode when the game came out, lol. One of the best games of all time, there's just too much good stuff in here.

54. Picross S3, 8/10
It's picross.

55. Borderlands 3, 9/10
Finally got around to playing BL3. I must say, gameplay wise it's the best one in the series. Pretty much everything looks and feels better than BL2 (didn't play pre-sequel), especially the boss fights. Some of them were just epic! One of the best parts about BL3 is also the fact that you don't get fucked in the ass as much if you're going in solo.

Writing feels way shittier for some reason, though. Jokes are more annoying than funny and the new villains are cringy as hell. Luckily you can turn down the volume and listen to a podcast instead.

56. Resident Evil 6, 7/10
Welp, beat all the campaigns with my best buddy and It's about as rough as I remembered. I really really like the game's combat and Leon's sexy new look, but the level design is just super inconsistent and weird. Those running sections especially are the worst kind of trial and error. Also, what the hell were they thinking with Chris's campaign, feels more like b-class Call of Duty than Resident Evil. Guilty pleasure/10.

57. Last of Us Remastered, 9/10
Still looks great, plays great. Love the story as well. Level design is by far my biggest gripe with the game. Constantly having to move boxes, ladders and shit gets tiring fast.

Oh and I also played the Left Behind dlc for the first time. It was alright.

58. Last of Us Part 2, 10/10
Biggest surprise of the year for me. Initially when I read the leaks, I thought I would hate this game, I even considered skipping it altogether. But, because of the universal praise among critics, I had to give it a go.

I absolutely love the combat and level design of this game. It's so well paced, I didn't have a single boring moment in my ~25 hour playthrough. Story is divisive to put it mildly, but in my opinion it works. Can't really say anything else about it without spoiling shit.

Visual and audio design are what put this into the GOAT category for me. Environments are some of the prettiest I've ever seen and the gore is unreal. Shotgun blasts for example, totally fuck up the person that's on the receiving end. Mangled bodies and agonizing screams. Most importantly, shooting somebody in the dick feels better than ever :messenger_grinning_squinting: This game is the definitive murder simulator right now.

59. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, 9/10
This game was awesome and I'm not even too familiar with the source material, aside from a few youtube clips of "Omae wa mou shindeiru". Would recommend to any fan of Yakuza, it's epic anime shit from start to finish.

60. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, 7/10
I'm a huge MCU fan, so I kinda got a kick out of this, even though it suffers from a plethora of issues. For example the camera is just ass when you're playing with 3+ people. Graphics don't look too hot either. Still, it's a lot of fun if you have friends to play with, who enjoy Marvel stuff.

61. Resident Evil Revelations 2, 8/10
It is a pretty good co-op game, but for a solo player Revelations 1 is sooooo much better. How you end up with different endings is also really weird. Raid mode is sick though, much better than mercenaries.

62. Streets of Rage 4, 9/10
Now this is a video game. I love the old Streets or Rage games and this is a really faithful follow up. Looks gorgeous, plays great. I have no major complaints.

63. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, 9/10
Wow, this was way better than Origin, which is the only other Ys game I've played. Story was surprisingly interesting, same thing with characters. Combat is fast and fun of course. OST is just killer! So many great songs that get you pumped up for monster slaying. There is also a crazy amount of side stuff you can do if you're into that sort of stuff. Great game.

64. Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, 9/10
It's gwent with an interesting story and cool side activities. Good stuff. Looks pretty as well!

65. Ghost of Tsushima, 9/10
I gotta admit, this game has a lot of flaws. Its gameplay loop is kinda repetitive, dialogue is boring most of the time and character animations can be super janky at times. Still, I really enjoyed the game. First of all, the environments are gorgeous, especially at night. This game has some of the best lighting I've ever seen in a video game. Second of all, the combat. It's a lot of fun and just complex enough to not get boring at any point in the game. Enjoyable ~35 hours for sure.

66. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, 9/10
I played this game over 10 years ago on the 360, it's still great, even though combat is a bit more brain dead than I remembered. There's also quite a bit of padding at times. Still, the lovable cast of characters and world building more than make up for the the game's shortcomings.

67. Yakuza Kiwami, 9/10
Feels like a good expansion to Yakuza 0. It's Yakuza, it's awesome.

68. Crash Bandicoot, 9/10
It's weird, the more I play Crash, the more I appreciate it. Classic.

69. Catherine: Full Body, 10/10
Fitting number, lol. This game is my guilty pleasure. I beat it a bunch of times on the 360 when it came out and now I'm hooked once again. Unique gem.

Last edited:

Kazza

I kinda feel this is cheating, as I'm mostly going to be spending this year working my way through the rest of my Megadrive Mini collection (16-bit games don't really compare to modern games in terms of length), but I'll join in anyway, just to add to the merriment.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Alright, let's do this even though I most likely won't succeed.

The list:

1. Remnant: From the Ashes (PC) | 2nd Jan - 20hrs | 6.8/10
2. Dark Souls Remastered (PC) | 5th Jan - 41hrs | 8.5/10
3. Death Stranding (PS4) | 27th Jan - 50hrs | 6.9/10
4. Doom 2016 (PC) | 2nd Feb - 15hrs | 8.8/10
5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC) | 6th Feb - 15hrs | 7.2/10
6. Ori and The Blind Forest Definitive Edition (PC) | 9th Feb - 12hrs | 8.3/10
7. Whispers of a Machine (PC) | 9th Feb - 6hrs | 6.5/10
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC) | 24th Feb - 27hrs | 7.5/10
9. The Division 1 (PC) | 13th Mar - 30hrs | 7.5/10
10. The Beast Inside (PC) | 15th Mar - 8hrs |5.7/10
11. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC) | 18th Mar - 18hrs | 9/10
12. DOOM Eternal (PC) | 28th Mar - 30hrs | 9.2/10
13. Resident Evil 3 Remake (PC) | 7th April - 8hrs | 7.3/10
14. The Division 2 (PC) | 22th April - 100hrs | 7.5/10
15. Persona 5 Royal (PS4)| 30th April - 120hrs | 8.5/10
16. Call of Duty Modern Warfare(2019) (PC)| 13th May - 10hrs | 8/10
17. Gears Tactics (PC) |17th May - 28hrs | 6.8/10
18. Dark Souls 3 (PC) | 1st June - 70hrs | 7.5/10
19. The Forest (PC) | 11th June - 30hrs | 5.8/10
20. Hollow Knight (PS4) | 17th June - 35hrs | 8.5/10
21. The Last of Us 2 (PS4) | 26th June - 30hrs | 7/10
22. The Outer Wilds (PC) | 4th July - 19hrs | 7.2/10
23. Trover Saves the Universe (PC) | 5th July - 8hrs | 8/10
24. Desperados 3 (PC) | 9th July - 35hrs | 8.5/10
25. Green Hell (PC) | 19th July - 17hrs | 7.3/10
26. XCOM Chimera Squad (PC) | 30th July - 20hrs | 6.6/10
27. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) | 11th August - 45hrs | 8/10
28. Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry (PC) | 13th August - 8hrs | 7.2/10
29. Crash N'Sane Trilogy (PC) | 23rd August - 15hrs | 7.7/10
30. The Norwood Suite (PC) | 26th August - 1.7hrs | 8/10
31. Man of Medan (PC) | 27th August - 4.6hrs | 5.6/10
32. Control Ultimate Edition (PC) | 2nd September - 25hrs | 7.5/10
33. Wasteland 3 (PC) | 19th September - 52hrs | 6.8/10
34. Star Wars The Old Republic (PC) | 2nd October - 85hrs | 7.5/10
35. Mafia Definitive Edition (PC) | 5th October - 16hrs | 7.7/10
36. Borderlands 3 (PC) | 12th October - 65hrs | 7.6/10
37. Hades (PC) | 14th October - 46hrs | 8/10
38. Amnesia Rebirth (PC) | 25th October - 8hrs | 6.5/10
39. Visage (PC) | 9th November - 12hrs | 8/10
40. Ghostrunner (PC) | 10th November - 7hrs | 8/10
41. Yakuza Like a Dragon (PC) | 1sth December - 55hrs | 8.2/10
42. Larry Wet Dreams Dry Twice (PC) | 6th December - 11hrs | 7.7/10
43. Zombie Army Trilogy (PC) | 28th December - 11hrs | 6.8/10
44. Strange Brigade (PC) | 28th December - 15hrs | 7.7/10
45. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC) | 30th December - 80hrs | 9/10

My reviews/thoughts:
1. Remnant: From the Ashes: was not as good as I expected and I genuinely only enjoyed it mainly because I was playing it with a friend. Decent combat, and some cool boss fights but everything else was meh. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/617290/
2. Dark Souls Remastered: I played the original when it came and never finished it, giving up half way in for no reason and honestly after so many years of playing all souls-like game except the first and now finally finishing it I can safely say I regret my choice back then. Fantastic game but not without its many issues and inconsistencies.
3. Death Stranding: Overall it was okay, better than my initial thoughts about it at launch after I gave up on it but certainly not something I would recommend to my friends unless they truly are desperate. Nice cinematics, visual, ending moments with the most boring gameplay I ever had the displeasure of facing. It's a miracle I did not give up on it and it's a miracle that I sorta also liked the gameplay mechanics of helping others.
4. Doom 2016: Just as when it came and even 4 years later it's still one of the best first person shooters ever made, with amazing soundtrack and awesome gunplay. The hype for Doom Eternal is unreal. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/379720/
5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Nostalgia and creators renown is the only reason why this game is so overwhelmingly positive reviewed on Steam because besides fun combat and exploration everything from level/character designs and story is pretty meh. I just barely gave it a thumbs ups. Might chage my mind later. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/692850
6. Ori and The Blind Forest Definitive Edition: Decided to replay Ori since the sequel is around the corner so gave the Definitive version a go and the game sitll holds pretty damn well after 5 years and it's still one of the best platforming/metroidvanias out there. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/387290
7. Whispers of a Machine: It pains me not to recommend this game but honestly from a boring/average story to ugly backgrounds and overall atmosphere, the game just doesn't set itself apart in this genre. Music and voice acting were good tho. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/631570/
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: My opinion when I finished it at launch still stands even after finishing it a second time and getting the true ending. Weak story/lore, atmosphere, and level design than other soulsborne games even though vertically it's better, but with incredible, challenging and satisfying combat. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/814380
9. The Division 1: One of the best atmospheres in games, fun gameplay in coop but weak/lackluster story.
10. The Beast Inside: Absolutely weak horror game, with a generic story hidden under nonsense spy stuff that goes nowhere, half walking sim with weak puzzles and other half horror walking sim with basic cheap scared. Avoid it. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/792300/
11. Ori and the Will of the Wisps: One of best metroidvanias out there and not only that but one of the best games ever made as well. incredible soundtrack, atmosphere, fantastic gameplay and an emotional story. While it may not feel fully fresh compared to the first, it's an improvement in every way. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1057090/
12. DOOM Eternal: DOOM Eternal, the sequel to one of the best first-person shooters, brings the same amount of fantastic gunplay while changing the pacing of the game to a more platform'ish type of gameplay. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/782330/
13. Resident Evil 3 Remake: Resident Evil 3 Remake is a very hard DLC to recommend, ugh I mean game, especially at its current price but it does nothing truly bad and overall I enjoyed the experience despite its many shortcomings. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/952060/
14. The Division 2: Finally played it entirely with the expansion and end game and it was fine overall but gotta say the end game is utter boring and having to do the same missions over and over for the same boring ass loot is annoying. Nice atmosphere and soundtrack, weak story but addictive gameplay until you reach endgame. 7.5/10
15. Persona 5 Royal: When I initially played 2-3 years ago Persona 5 I didn't like it that much. Was okay at best but maybe I was too harsh with it or my tastes may have changed over the years but after playing Royal something clicked and somehow I managed to replay the same game again even with the extra stuff and I enjoyed it and the extra stuff with Maruki had nothing to do with it. Great atmosphere and soundtrack, loveable characters, but the combat was boring and repetitive and boss fights are too long and cheap. I enjoy a challenge but after 30 mins with that final boss from Royal on Hard, I was really getting annoyed that it would just not end already.
16. Call of Duty Modern Warfare(2019): Honestly didnt expect much considering the last few cod games but I enjoyed it, especially the characters and the stealth missions that were superb. Nice soundtrack as well. Too bad they didnt risk more or no memorable mission like in cod4/mw2 but an enjoyable game nonetheless.
17. Gears Tactics: Overall an extremely boring experience, not much tactics at all and with very repetitive missions so mucch that I just could not play 3 per day. Story was weak as well but at lest the voice acting and the visual effects were pretty nice. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1184050/
18. Dark Souls 3: Decided to replay it since I never played the expansions and just like the first time my initial opinion remains the same, maybe a bit worse due to poor expansions. Base game is good, I love the genre and the combat but it's my least favorite from all due to meh environments/atmosphere and how unbalanced it feels at times. Playing as a pyro felt like cheating. On the other hand the expansions look nice visually however the level design are absolute shit. The first Dark Souls remains the best.
19. The Forest: I was shocked how bad this game was based on how well received it was from people. Did no one play a survival game before this one? Or a horror game? Here are my full thoughts from my coop experience https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/242760/ but to put it shortly, extremely buggy, unfinished, janky and the 15 mins of actual story was hardly any shocking.
20. Hollow Knight: This is also a replay because I wanted to see the true ending and everything I missed when I first played it on PC when it launched. Its not a perfect game and a lot of objectives are a fucking mess and you just have to guess shit and while I love a good obfuscated plot, I think they could've made this a little better. Still one of the best metroidvanias out there. Excited for the sequel.
21. The Last of Us 2: Had a lot of mixed feelings about this one but I decided to recommend it because despite a bad/boring story, it's still a high quality game with one of the best animations in gaming, good voice acting, fun gameplay, etc. While most will say it's a story focused game, I think the whole package matters more. Ellie plays wonderful and theres no reason not to play it if you're a fan of the first game. You just gotta see her fate until the end. Fuck Abby and everyone else.
22. The Outer Wilds: The mystery and reveal was not as good as I hoped it would be so the overall point of the game failed to capture my emotions but the exploration and the worlds themselves were really cool. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1051200/
23. Trover Saves the Universe: I had a lot of fun with it, gameplay was kinda meh but the humor and randomness was top notch but it's only recommended if you like Justin Roilands work.
24. Desperados 3: one of the best strategy games out there especially if you're a huge fan of stealth like I am. Amazing work from the devs. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/610370/
25. Green Hell: p[rolly one of the better survival games out there especially in coop and this is coming from someone who hates these types of games. It also comes with a pretty good story. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/815370/
26. XCOM Chimera Squad: eh it's best you stay away from it, it's not bad has some cool ideas but as an xcom game it's just meh. Cool soundtrack tho and the importance on your squad should be something future xcoms could do. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/882100/
27. Ghost of Tsushima: Overall a solid game, combat is satisfying as hell but the stealth which I prefer was okay at best. Atmosphere is top notch but after a while due to it's boring open world gameplay loop you get bored of it and the story while it has its moments doesnt really do anything special.
28. Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry: classic point and click adventure with all it's faults and feeling stuck in the past but overall the humor and the atmosphere was quite nice. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/765870/
29. Crash N'Sane Trilogy: well done remaster of the classic trilogy, has its issues and some things have not aged well at all but overall fun game to waste time. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/731490/
30. The Norwood Suite: an unexpected good game, a very artistic first person exploration game with a unique atmosphere. Short but worth it. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/696480/
31. Man of Medan: one of the worst games I ever played and a horrible horror story. Avoid it. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/939850/
32. Control Ultimate Edition: a nice rtx showcase game with a well crafted atmosphere but the main story was kinda eh. The writing and the lore behind it tho is great. The gameplay gets boring fast. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/870780/
33. Wasteland 3: a huge technical mess with an incredibly poorly crafted atmosphere, only recommended on a huge sale. Main story and rpg mechanics as well as combat are good. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/719040/
34. Star Wars The Old Republic: played the bounty hunter story line and it was decent with the typical sw tropes, but overall had fun.
35. Mafia Definitive Edition: a visually impressive remaster but the combat is pretty average and except the racing and driving which are absolute shit the rest of the game was quite good. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1030840/
36. Borderlands 3: a feminist wet dream when it comes to story and characters but it gets saved by fun gameplay, great soundtrack and nice atmosphere. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/397540/
37. Hades: I hate roguelikes with all my heart, never managed to finish one ever because the gameplay loop always got boring but Hades? Hades has a fucking story a huge one and really amazing characters to meet and learn and interact with. I still hate the gameplay loop but Hades does it better than all the others. Hopefully this is the first step in the right direction for the genre. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1145360/
38. Amnesia Rebirth: the first amnesia and penumbra games redefined the horror genre and when Rebirth came I was expecting something just as good or better. It was worse, much worse. It's a shit horror game with a decent story. You can skip it. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/999220/
39. Visage: this game is the first horror game since probably Alien Isolation that actually made me panic and scared. A fantastic horror game let down only by its one particular chapter and the ending which was shit. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/594330/
40. Ghostrunner: unexpected surprise, a combination of hotline miami with mirrors edge in cyberpunk. Really great fast paced game with a decent story. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1139900/
41. Yakuza Like a Dragon: I love the yakuza franchise and this is a fresh start for it in the form of jrpg. Ichi the new protagonist while hes an idiot hes emotions surpass Kyrius. Great game. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1235140/
42. Larry Wet Dreams Dry Twice: the sequel to the rebooted larry franchise, a step up in the right direction and while again doesnt do anythign special for the genre this time the story was quite better and the character development even better. https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1373430/
43. Zombie Army Trilogy: https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/301640/
44. Strange Brigade: https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/312670/
45. Cyberpunk 2077: https://steamcommunity.com/id/stealthycockatrice/recommended/1091500/

I have failed :(

Last edited:
al8IIBM.png

Well over 10h, managed to beat all leagues and cups.

I'm a big Kairosoft fan, this is nothing new. I have purchased all their games since Game Dev Story. And I think Basketball Club Story is easily their best, as it's like a "Kairosoft Greatest Hits".

It's both complex and accessible, both a manager and a city builder, both easy to pick up and hard to master. If I had to pick up a flaw, it would be that the difficulty curve soars every time you complete a rank and you have to spend some time "grinding" just to keep up. But it's easily worth the 5€.

My Score:

Original post

Last edited:

munchJ

Neo Member
Reserved! I made an account just to participate in this!

Reviews and completion time included in list.

1. Cadence of Hyrule - I've never played Crypt of the Necrodancer, and I've only seen speedruns of it at AGDQ. I got this game on a whim when I saw it was on sale, since I was craving a dungeon crawler. What I got was one of the best soundtracks in a game and a truly unique experience. The difficulty curve wasn't too much and there's plenty of options to make the game easier and less "Dance-y," but the core experience was very fun and satisfying. I haven't gone into all the additional modes, but it looks like there's a lot to keep going back to. The story wasn't very good, but the gameplay makes up for the lack of story and this game makes me very excited to see Nintendo let other smaller studies do interesting stuff with their IPs. Completed in 5 Hours and 30 Minutes.

Final Rating: ★★★★

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
This is an excellent thread, Wozzer Wozzer ! You have done a great job with the set-up and I am glad to start off the new decade with an fun game completed in short order.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Concrete Genie (PS4) | 2nd Jan - 8-ish hrs | 3/5

Concrete_Genie_Category_Banner.jpg

Ash is a young teen who grew up in the fishing town of Denska. Due to an oil spill and numerous economic failures, it became abandoned and a haven for delinquents. Shortly after having a run in with one of said groups, you meet up with a magical Genie, one of your own creation, who provides you with a tool to bring life and vibrancy back to the town.

A cute, fun, and entertaining little romp that ends all too soon. I would love to see this concept return in a longer adventure with a bit more artistic options that lends to more control in what you can create.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My scoring is a bit odd - I tend to score games dependent of how much I enjoyed myself. I don't particularly care much for the nuances, the graphical fidelity, the gameplay systems - as long as I enjoyed myself. I also am a bit lenient when it comes to ratings. 1 being a game I didn't enjoy, 2 being a mediocre/average/kinda-boring game, 3 being a game I found a good bit of enjoyment in, but has some minor issues or is just too short of an experience, 4 being a game I really enjoyed, and 5 being one that I find to be very hard to put down.

Malakhov

Banned
Spot reserved, I'll try this. Maybe it'll help motivate myself to finish games I start and never go back to.

Edit:

Game 1
Title: What remains of Edith Finch - switch
Rating: 5/5
Heard a lot of good things about this one but never gave it a chance. Decided to get it today and went through it in a sitting. Very beautiful and touching story. Time: 2h30

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Game #1 - Ord (PC/Steam)

Demo here: - https://ordgame.com

This game is all about endings, so it's hard to say whether I've actually beaten it (100% currently eludes me at present). The premise is simple, it's basically a minimalist take on the Zork style games of narrative adventures wherein you're presented with a word and you have two other words to choose from in response either of which may advance your story in some fashion (opening up another word) or potentially end it. There is some randomisation to the whole experience in terms of what words come up in sequence, but not necessarily in terms of how specific responses resolve so if you wrestle the Racoon you'll always get rabies and die for instance (which is an achievement), whereas if you bribe it you always get a deal and progress to the next word.

It's a charming little game that is I highly recommend people give a punt (my most gifted game of late) especially given the extremely low price point (less than a Latte). 5/5 would Pray at Altar again.

Last edited:
Time to get in on the first page. I have a small backlog across a few modern and classic systems, it's my first time building a list. Let's dig in

2019 in Review
7nmrQ9E.png

2020 Goal
65 games​

1. Dragon Age: Inquisition
2. Minecraft (Win10)
3. Minecraft (One)

CURRENTLY PLAYING

uC2Rk1L.png

- Elite Dangerous: Traveled to the center of the galaxy over the fall/winter and now in 2020 I'll get to grinding out the bubble achievements.

c3Ajmld.png

- Sea of Thieves: Started playing with a friend and I'm having a blast.

HacSYvX.png

- Civilization 6: Got this for Christmas from my brother and it's a decent adaptation. I'll be going through most of the achievements over the next few months.

a7DhbGK.png

- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected - Only 40 hours of gameplay achievement left.
GHZMLME.png

- Afterparty: Get the first playthrough done and rush to the end making the opposite choices.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
1. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach (Xbox One X) 1/1/20
I hadn't played this campaign since the game originally launched. It easily stand the test of time.
2. Torchlight II (Switch) 1/1/20
Another game I hadn't played since the original release. The loot system feels stingy and I wasn't a fan of the Ember Mage class.
3. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (PS4) 1/1/20
Adventure Mode - I missed all of Crash in its' heyday and I can't say I'm fond of this racer.
4. Boodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) 1/2/20
The latest patch finally fixed my game progress bug. Some graphics niggles aside, this is a wonderful, zany spiritual successor to SOTN.
5. Overwatch (PS4) 1/2/20
Winter Wonderland 2019 - All items collected.
6. Titanfall 2 (PS4) 1/5/20
An amazing campaign. Combine a short length, amazing variety and pitch perfect controls and it does something most games don't, it leaves you wanting more.
7. Rocket League (PS4) 1/6/20
Frosty Fest 2019 - All items collected.
8. Esp Ra. De. Psi (Switch) 1/18/20
Pew Pew Pew
9. Children of Morta (Switch) 1/26/20
So much potential in this title. It's beautiful, tells a touching story, has a luscious narrator, really interesting mechanics and is dragged down by a difficulty ramp that really doesn't challenge you after the first boss.
10. Hyrule Warriors (Switch) 2/1/20
11. Overwatch (PS4) 2/4/20

Year of the Rat - All Items Collected
12. Dreams - Art's Dream (PS4) 2/15/20
13. Rocket League (PS4) 1/17/20

All Lucky Lanterns 2020 Collected
14. Judgment (PS4) 2/26/20
15. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) 2/28/20
16. Hollow Knight (PS4) 03/03/20
17. The Messenger (Switch) 03/09/20
18. Rocket League (PS4) 03/26/20

Rocket Pass 5 Completed (336 Levels)
19. Overwatch (PS4) 4/1/20
Archives 2020 - all items collected
20. Tetris 99 (Switch) 4/2/20
21. Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4) 4/7/20
22. Rocket League (PS4) 4/8/20

Season 14 Champion Rewards (Rumble/Snow Day)
23. Rocket Leauge (PS4) 4/13/20
10,000 Assists
24. Deliver Us The Moon (Xbox One X) 4/25/20
25. Spelunky (PS4) 5/15/20

King Yama - Daily
26. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One X) 5/23/20
27. Shadows of the Colossus (PS4) 5/24/20
28. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One X) 5/27/20
29. Animal Crossing (Switch) 5/31/20
30. Samurai Shodown (PS4) 6/5/20
31. Resogun (PS4) 6/6/20
32. Ion Fury (Switch) 6/7/20
33. Overwatch (PS4) 6/8/20

All 2020 Anniversary items collected.
34. The Last of Us II (PS4) 6/22/20
35. Overwatch (PS4) 6/23/20
36. Vanquish (PS4) 6/28/20

Level 1000
37. Tetris 99 (Switch) 7/31/20
999 Tickets collected
38. Doom 64 (PS4) 8/7/20
39. Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Switch) 8/7/20
40. Fall Guys (PS4) 8/20/20
41. Overwatch (PS4) 8/26/20

All Summer Event items collected.
42. Rocket League (PS4) 8/28/20
All Rocket Pass Challenges/All Items Collected
43. Nioh 2 (PS4) 8/29/20
44. Fall Guys (PS4) 9/5/20

Season Pass 1 Complete
45. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
All THPS 1 + 2 Challenges complete.
46. Rocket League (PS4) 09/13/20
Level 1900 which I believe is the last Avatar Border.
47. New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe (Switch) 09/15/20
Mario Campaign
48. Rocket League (PS4) 09/26/20
Llama Rama - All Challenges Completed
49. Mario 35 (Switch) 10/1/20
50. Mario 64 (Switch) 10/13/20
51. Rocket League (PS4) 10/15/20

Champion Level (Rumble) - Current Season
52. Rocket League (PS4) 10/24/20
Haunted Hallows 2020 - All items collected.
53. Lightning Force (Switch) 10/24/20
54. Rocket League (PS4) 10/30/20

Champion Level (Snow Day) - Current Season
55. Overwatch (PS4) 11/1/20
Halloween Terror 2020 - All Items Collected
56. Rocket League (PS4) 12/06/20
Current Season - All Weekly Free/Premium Challenges and al Stage 1-4 Free/Premium Challenges completed.

1. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Halo Reach (Xbox One X) 1st Jan - 10hrs | 4/5
2. Torchlight II (Switch) | 1st Jan - 15hrs | 2/5
3. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (PS4) - 1st Jan - 10hrs | 3/5
4. Boodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) - 2nd Jan - 20hrs | 5/51/2/20
5. Overwatch (PS4) - 2nd Jan - 10hrs | 4/5
6. Titanfall 2 (PS4) - 5th Jan - 6hrs | 5/5
7. Rocket League (PS4) - 6th Jan - 10hrs | 5/5
8. Esp Ra. De. Psi (Switch) - 18th Jan - 2hrs | 5/5
9. Children of Morta (Switch) - 26th Jan - 15hrs | 3/5
10. Hyrule Warriors (Switch) - 1st Feb - 20hrs | 3/5
11. Overwatch (PS4) 4th Feb - 10hrs | 4/5
12. Dreams - Art's Dream (PS4) - 15th Feb - 4hrs | 3/5
13. Rocket League (PS4) - 17th Feb - 10hrs | 4/5
14. Judgment (PS4) - 26th Feb - 30hrs | 5/5
15. Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) - 28th Feb - 10hrs | 5/5
16. Hollow Knight (PS4) 3rd Mar - 20hrs | 5/5
17. The Messenger (Switch) - 9th Mar - 15hrs | 3/5
18. Rocket League (PS4) - 26th Mar - 100hrs | 5/5
19. Overwatch (PS4) 1st Apr - 10hrs | 4/5
20. Tetris 99 (Switch) 2nd Apr - 10hrs | 5/5
21. Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4) - 7th Apr - 10hrs | 4/5
22. Rocket League (PS4) - 8th Apr - 20hrs | 5/5
23. Rocket Leauge (PS4) - 13th Apr - 1000hrs | 5/5
24. Deliver Us The Moon (Xbox One X) - 25th Apr - 6hrs | 2/5
25. Spelunky (PS4) - 15th May - 1hrs | 5/5
26. Streets of Rage 4 (Xbox One X) - 23rd May - 3hrs | 3/5
27. Shadows of the Colossus (PS4) - 24th May - 10hrs | 5/5
28. Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One X) - 27th May - 6hrs | 3/5
29. Animal Crossing (Switch) 5/31/20 - 31st May - 50hrs | 5/5
30. Samurai Shodown (PS4) - 5th June - 2hrs | 3/5
31. Resogun (PS4) - 6th June - 2hrs | 3/5
32. Ion Fury (Switch) - 7th Jun - 10hrs | 3/5
33. Overwatch (PS4) - 8th Jun - 10hrs | 4/5
34. The Last of Us II (PS4) 22nd Jun - 25hrs | 3/5
35. Overwatch (PS4) - 23rd Jun - 50hrs | 4/5
36. Vanquish (PS4) - 28th June - 8hrs | 5/5
37. Tetris 99 (Switch) 31st July - 50hrs | 5/5
38. Doom 64 (PS4) - 7th Aug - 10hrs | 4/5
39. Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Switch) - 7th Aug - 6hrs | 5/5
40. Fall Guys (PS4) - 20th Aug - 2hrs | 4/5
41. Overwatch (PS4) - 26th Aug - 10hrs | 4/5
42. Rocket League (PS4) - 28th Aug - 100hrs | 5/5
43. Nioh 2 (PS4) 29th Aug - 30hrs | 5/5
44. Fall Guys (PS4) - 5th Sep - 15hrs | 4/5
45. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 - 8th Sep - 15hrs | 5/5
46. Rocket League (PS4) - 13th Sep - 100hrs | 5/5
47. New Super Mario Brothers U Deluxe (Switch) - 15th Sep - 15hrs | 3/5
48. Rocket League (PS4) - 26th Sep - 10hrs | 5/5
49. Mario 35 (Switch) - 1st Oct - 2hrs | 2/5
50. Mario 64 (Switch) - 13th Oct - 15hrs | 4/5
51. Rocket League (PS4) - 15th Oct - 10hrs | 5/5
52. Rocket League (PS4) - 24th Oct - 10hrs | 5/5
53. Lightning Force (Switch) - 24th Oct - 3hrs | 3/5
54. Rocket League (PS4) - 30th Oct - 10hrs | 5/5
55. Overwatch (PS4) - 1st Nov - 10hrs | 4/5
56. Rocket League (PS4) - 6th Dec - 100hrs | 5/5

Last edited:
R6XSrdT.png

10h-ish, best ending.

Very cool point-and-click. The game setting is exceptionally solid, and left me wanting more. Since interaction is more limited than in other similar games, Unavowed can be a bit easy-ish at some points, but this is one you play for the story, not for the gameplay or the puzzles. As somebody said in a thread somewhere, point-and-click adventure is the liveliest "dead" genre for a reason - every year we get some hidden gems like this one.

My Score:

Original post

Last edited:
Main Post

Excited for another year of completing games!

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) - 8/10

Was really pushing to finish this in 2019 but I didn't make it. So this helps me get a head start on 2020. This was a lot harder than I remember it being. Some of the final levels had some pretty challenging platforming. I wish they would incorporate the challenge from this game into the newer Yoshi games. I have enjoyed playing them but they are incredibly easy. It was kind of a shock to go back to this and actually die a few times.

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) - 8/10

My kid really wanted me to play another Turtle game and this felt like a fun one to play again. I like the changes from the arcade version and it still plays really well. I did find it pretty easy compared to the NES ones. Still - solid beat em up game.

3. Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - 7/10

Short, unique and interesting. I liked the ending but honestly was hoping for a bit more. I am glad I played it but after doing the extended checklist... I don't know if I will return to it. I didn't bother with the timed challenge.

1/52 Life is Strange 2

No spoilers. (Spoilers for Life is Strange 1.)

I scored this sequel 3/5 compared to Life is Strange 4/5, Before the Storm 5/5, and Captain Spirit 4/5. These three previous titles tied into this sequel in almost every episode, either directly (the game begins by asking the player if they saved Arcadia Bay or Chloe) or indirectly (they were some heartwarming cameos throughout). The puzzle elements of the game were noticeably more integrated this time around, giving a more solid narrative to the action, and a greater demand for exploration. Sadly gone were the outstanding soundtracks of the first games, as it only has a few key songs, but the soft guitar motif of the series doesn’t get monotonous. The story itself was a more adventurous tale than the previous games. Although, around the middle of each episode I felt that the intended audience was angsty teenagers (all the current American sociopolitical topics come up), but come the end every time I felt like a worthy story was being told, which gave me enthusiasm to see what would come in the next episode. Also the recap was an essential part of each episode, that starts in episode 2 and continues into episode 5, that really makes the player feel like they're living through a dramatic unfolding novel. I was shocked at some of my choices, and I felt like I had played the game quite different to most people, based on the stats after each episode. This played into my favour come the epilogue as I felt the Diaz brothers story had come to a satisfying conclusion even though I had lost on the players' choice majority vote, meaning that my choices had mattered. We all know that games have a long way to go before they can become like literature, but this is a step in the right direction. This is a story and a game about a journey with many different possible outcomes. Two brothers, living like wolves, living for each other, trying to find a home in a messed-up world. I gave this game a 3/5 only because if Life is Strange 3 follows it down the path of politically left leaning trendy ideology, then I'm out. But it's been a good run so far.

Last edited:

SweetShark

Before I claim a post, can I ask a quick question?

Can I lists short videogames like the ones you find on itchio or in flash websites?

Thank you.

IKSTUGA

Time to do this again, reserved!

1. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, 10/10
I've clocked in almost 200 hours in just little over a month, highly addictive stuff! Shadowbringers in particular has been pretty great so far, I just beat the main scenario and now I need to start doing those raids and stuff. Most of our play group is still in Stormblood, so maybe I should play something else in the meantime...
2. Transformers: Devastation, 9/10
I got the game like a thousand years ago off of PS+, just beat it for the first time. My my, what a game. Loved the combat, music and nods to the old series. I still remember the cartoons and toys from my childhood, so playing this was one helluva nostalgia trip as well. Also, Vince motherfucking DiCola. This song man...

Top Bottom