• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

53% OF REPUBLICANS THINK TRUMP IS BETTER PRESIDENT THAN LINCOLN(NewsWeek)

azz0r

May 24, 2005
www.fedsimulator.com
No, slapping some links in isn't proof. Here is how to prove the claim:

Provide the following:

1) The dictionary definition of racism, understood for generations all around the world.
2) Objective, verifiable, unedited, context-accurate, verbatim evidence of your claim
3) Show how what you've provided in point 2 is in line with the definition in point 1.

Or, of course, you can just do the usual dance:

Let's see if we can actually get some proper substance from a hit-and-run accuser for once.
Its all contained within the links you coward, I'm not here to meet your criteria because you don't want to open your eyes and read.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Its all contained within the links you coward, I'm not here to meet your criteria because you don't want to open your eyes and read.

And then, what predictably happens, is a whole lot of evasion, excuses, deflection, obfuscation, protests, noise, drama etc.
But, to date, not the required evidence to support the claim.
Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
That vox article 😂😂

• 2004: In season two of The Apprentice, Trump firedKevin Allen, a black contestant, for being overeducated. “You’re an unbelievably talented guy in terms of education, and you haven’t done anything,” Trump said on the show. “At some point you have to say, ‘That’s enough.’”
Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat give it up, the proof you ask for has been uncovered by way of batshit interpretation.

Dec 15, 2011
That vox article 😂😂

Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat give it up, the proof you ask for has been uncovered by way of batshit interpretation.
Indeed. Hence my very clear critieria. So that duplicitous efforts such as third-party interpretations or arbitrary redefining of words cannot be weaseled in as 'evidence'.
When you tell such people to play the game by the rules, they refuse to engage.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Sweeping changes?

1. Overreached the power of the President for personal gain.

2. Committed Treason with Britain to try to not get them to recognize the confederacy.

3. Freed the Slaves only to weaken the south, it was going to happen anyway, but the way he went about it was petty and also was unconstitutional.

4. Started the Civil war and the secession due to power abuse.

5. Brought in a compromise Vice President which when Lincoln was assassinated would make things worse for Black people for decades by basically gutting federal power and letting the south run itself.

6. Hos own state, among others, were trashing him as an incompetent wishy-washy nobody that was clearly someone that could not be trusted and had a super EGO. During his inauguration.

7. Sent the military to shut down free speech by locking up newspaper editors.

8. Locked up tons of civilians without due process and suspending Habaeus Corpus.

9. He was such a selfish stuck up fool that when Slaves were emancipated in conquered areas during the Civil War Lincoln reversed those orders so he could later on make his own law to inflate his ego and seem heroic.

10. The original draft of the 13th amendment which supported no one intervening in the South.

11. Wanted to round up all the Blacks and deport them to other locations, several attempts were done, yes he didn't like slavery, but he also believed that due to the past it would be impossible for the two groups to get along so he also wanted to remove them from the country. Which often was done cruelty the times he attempted it, bringing into question how a guy who hated slavery for specific group so much still had no problem having same said people killed by reckless policies. I suppose he figured that slavery was the only issue America had which he would find out wasn't the case.

11. Concentration camps.

12. Completely shattering the gradual integration in the south, blacks actually could move around more before his presidency, and were able to have rights given to them while slavery numbers were declining and hatred wasn't anything as severe until post Lincoln which just made things worse for decades.

Ain't a real high bar for Trump to clear, he's actually indirectly done more for Black People than Lincoln did, under Lincoln many died in deportation experiments, and while he "freed the slaves" he also supported laws that screwed them out of jobs and the slaves basically had nothing and were given nothing, so they just wondered around gathering some people to build communities over time alone or were trapped in the share cropping cycle which was basically still slavery but legal. Or some guys went crazy and after the declaration went and tried killing all their slaves. Anything else Lincoln may have did was undone by the next in line after he was shot.

Not the worst president but he wasn't a good one. It's amazing how after generations of educational lies in schools and in the media you can completely change history and oversimplifying what actually happened, like the Confederate flag being about slavery when the conflicts and secession started quite a bit before he signed that proclamation. People in the north hated his guts to, he had to control the press to screw with people into believing the war was necessary.

No 1st amendment under Lincoln, no sirree.

Reactions: Guynamedbilly

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
It's always fun to compare Apples and Oranges. Even though they are both circular fruits, that grow on trees, contain seeds, and protective skins, they are different for reasons that you can't control.

Think of how many opinions you have of both presidents. Are all of those opinions 100% yours, or were at least some of them influenced by what you've read/heard? Transpose either of them into the other president's time, and they would be radically different people. I respect accomplishments from presidents like Lincoln, but I also grow tired of the "nostalgia is always better just because" thinking.

Trump, in his actions has definitely done more things I approve of than any other president in my lifetime. If others agree with that sentiment, then I wouldn't doubt it would put him up there with president's they may or may not not know much about.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Indeed. Hence my very clear critieria. So that duplicitous efforts such as third-party interpretations or arbitrary redefining of words cannot be weaseled in as 'evidence'.
When you tell such people to play the game by the rules, they refuse to engage.
Appeal to authority run amok, essentially. It'd be nice if people could at least adhere to the very basic tenants of modern discusssion/debate (one might even dare to hope for reasonable conversation if that was the case), but I'll blame their edjukation for that one.

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
It's a funny statistic but, as a serious matter, Lincoln suspending habeus corpus is a dealbreaker that automatically makes Trump the better President by default. This isn't the UK or Germany, the reason why America is the most moral and exemplary country in the world is because we put our civil rights on a higher level than other nations.

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009

Pretty uncontroversial.

But then, these are the same people that will defend him to whatever end.

Dec 15, 2011
Pretty uncontroversial.

But then, these are the same people that will defend him to whatever end.
Requiring proof of a claim, and ensuring that proof is framed honestly and accurately is not about attack or defense it is about information and understanding.

The very fact you frame attack as being neutral and anything that isn't attack as being 'defending him' demonstrates precisely the need for the factual information to be presented and framed against factual definitions.

That every single accuser is unwilling and/or unable to do this and, instead, does the same dishonest theatrics every single time is a clear barometer of their care for narrative over fact.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

CausticVenom

Apr 27, 2018
So just because he doesn't like illegals that makes him a racist?

All of the bigotry labels thrown at him are baited attempts at swaying the election, I doubt you guys even understand what words mean.

You're the type to hear the n word at a stand up show and start screaming "racist!" at them.

The party who cried racism, sexism, xenophobicespialidocious.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
That old insult... meh

You're salty because Tom Brady got his spice taken, clearly the Texans are capitalizing and you are pissed. Its fine. You post like once a month, and I would bet more people know me. But its not a popularity contest right my dude? Also when were you going to prove Trump is racist?
The Patriots offense has been atrocious all year. Brady should have retired. Jimmy G should have been kept. Not sure what that has to do with the thread though.

I post like once a month...I guess it averages out to something like that after almost 12 years. Not sure if that's supposed to be an insult? NFL GAF, Footy GAF and Box Office GAF have all left, I don't really game anymore and so every now and then I'll post in the politics forum. You're definitely more popular than me on GAF. Congrats!
So just because he doesn't like illegals that makes him a racist?

All of the bigotry labels thrown at him are baited attempts at swaying the election, I doubt you guys even understand what words mean.

You're the type to hear the n word at a stand up show and start screaming "racist!" at them.

The party who cried racism, sexism, xenophobicespialidocious.
Imagine thinking I'm a liberal/progressive because I am objective about Trump. LOL.

I truthfully don't care about proving that Trump is racist. Nor do I understand what anyone stands to gain by arguing with anyone in an attempt to defend his honor and integrity. We're likely not going to change each other's mind and it's generally a waste of time. I'll continue to giggle when someone says he's not racist, you should continue to roll your eyes at liberal snowflakes insulting the GEOTUS.

On-topic, 6% of Democrats think Trump is better than Lincoln. LMAO.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
I truthfully don't care about proving that Trump is racist. Nor do I understand what anyone stands to gain by arguing with anyone in an attempt to defend his honor and integrity. We're likely not going to change each other's mind and it's generally a waste of time. I'll continue to giggle when someone says he's not racist, you should continue to roll your eyes at liberal snowflakes insulting the GEOTUS.
This is where your line of thinking fails you. Asking for proof is neither defending nor arguing with anyone. Its asking someone to prove their claim. If you could do that there would be no problem here. You are strawmaning to get out of having to prove claims you agree with. Then you move to deflecting. Minds are definitely not going to be changed and time wasted by just stating your claims and providing no proof when asked. Giggle all you want, but don't jump in unless you take the time to prove them wrong you are only going to waste everyone's time.

Reactions: Schrödinger's cat