• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5G scare...is this legit???

Whitesnake

Banned
This shit has happened for every single advancement in radiowave technology.

“Radios cause cancer.”

“Cell phones cause cancer.”

“Wifi causes cancer.”

“Cell phone signals used as wifi? Man, that must cause double-cancer.”

“Even more powerful cell phone signals used as wifi? Might as well sign myself up for chemo now.”

Show me a credible source reporting this, with other credible sources backing them up, and I’ll believe.

Ichabod

Banned
It's an interesting conspiracy I've seen a few vids on. Regardless of whether its true or not, there's absolutely nothing Joe public can do to stop it. 5g will be everywhere in a matter of years.

Kenpachii

I have no clue but saw this and would like to know

It seems to be a thing on schools. They are doing test in my country with it atm to see if there is a reason to be worried about it.

I think they call it EHS electrohypersensitivity.

Lot's of schools started to report of kids feeling sick on school or headics while at home have no issue's. Wifi was in there idea the reason for it or atleast it seemed to remedy it when wifi wasn't on.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
There is this series on netflix. About this girl that has that. Except she doesn't. She got cured after she took all the husbands money and when he was broke she just got better and divorced him. Maybe it is all just bullshit. Isn't that what Saul's crazy brother thought he had?

Last edited by a moderator:

demigod

Lol so the guy that installs on towers doesn't like new cell tech that makes his job redundant.

What are you talking about? Those towers are what cell phones use.

Not sure why he says everyone's office will be hit by the radiation due to the antennas being mounted on the building. This is pretty false because they are not mounting it on every building. Normally it's only downtown that has them on buildings. Even so, telecom companies will just replace the pre-existing antennas. Quite rare to have a new site build. And yeah, I did climb those towers for LTE.

Michele

you.
I really hate the rumors saying that 5g will hurt peoples.

This is not possible. If there was a evidence 5G hurt, then I would believe, but peoples are blindly believing that 5G hurts when it's not.

waxer

What are you talking about? Those towers are what cell phones use.

Not sure why he says everyone's office will be hit by the radiation due to the antennas being mounted on the building. This is pretty false because they are not mounting it on every building. Normally it's only downtown that has them on buildings. Even so, telecom companies will just replace the pre-existing antennas. Quite rare to have a new site build. And yeah, I did climb those towers for LTE.
I think it was in one of the huawei interviews they mention 5g doesn't require the height. From quick Google now you need more hardware to fill in but can just go on buildings lampposts etc so install costs are reduced.
So I guess anyone trained in installing and cherry picker or finger to press elevator could install.

I assume many towers would be converted as well. But I still think that's as good a reason as any to think op video is most likely biased.

Are there multiple types of antennae depending on where distances etc?

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
It seems to be a thing on schools. They are doing test in my country with it atm to see if there is a reason to be worried about it.

Lot's of schools started to report of kids feeling sick on school or headics while at home have no issue's. Wifi was in there idea the reason for it or atleast it seemed to remedy it when wifi wasn't on.

Funny, this happened all the time at my school and we never had Wifi or cell phones.

Last edited:

Shifty

Some schmoe filming a video in portrait phone-o-vision, a credible source?

giphy.gif

Yes.

Not only in regards to privacy, but also because of the short-range but insanely strong radiation. If you still think governments and corporations have the best interests and intentions I suggest you look at history. Of course mainstream media is not going to touch on this subject as they are merely mouthpieces of these entities.

Bryank75

Banned
I have no doubts as to the dangers of mobile technology, I lived a few miles from a location where there was an epidemic of women that got breast cancer and possibly other cancers.... they all lived very close to one of these towers.

Then we have stats for cancer, diseases, disabilities etc. all increasing exponentially. It is actually frightening to think so many people can not see the danger or are unwilling to examine the evidence. Mainly because they are addicted and in denial.

I use a mobile at work for a few hours a day but it stays at work, I don't use any after 3pm till the next morning or at weekends.
The Amish do not suffer from any of the same statistics the developed communities do and it is yet another example of progress being pushed without rigorous testing for negative effects.

Ten_Fold

Hmmm maybe, at the end of the day it’s all about Money. I’m not sure if 5G will be really bad for us in the long run, but I wouldn’t doubt it.

Nymphae

Banned
Show me a credible source reporting this, with other credible sources backing them up, and I’ll believe.

Cancer is one of the leading causes of death is it not? I know WHO has lost some credibility for sucking Chinese cock lately, but they concluded in this 2011 study that it's a possible carcinogen and should continue being looked at:

Dr Jonathan Samet (University of Southern California, USA), overall Chairman of the Working Group, indicated that "the evidence, while still accumulating, is strong enough to support a conclusion and the 2B classification. The conclusion means that there could be some risk, and therefore we need to keep a close watch for a link between cell phones and cancer risk." "Given the potential consequences for public health of this classification and findings," said IARC Director Christopher Wild, "it is important to take pragmatic measures to reduce exposure such as hands‐free devices or texting. "

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Probably. A good rule of thumb with the human race is: most of the things we invent to improve our lives end up killing us.

jts

...hate me...
At this point, 5G will take a backseat anyway.

Market demand is uncertain for the foreseeable future and some nations may raise political issues with their Huawei contracts.

kingbean

What the fuck are people doing with their phones that require 10 times faster than 4G?

Progress isn't always dictated by needs.

Create the advancement and figure out what can be done with it.

And of course this shit isn't real. Just imagine the fucking lawsuit.

eot

Banned
Yes.

Not only in regards to privacy, but also because of the short-range but insanely strong radiation. If you still think governments and corporations have the best interests and intentions I suggest you look at history. Of course mainstream media is not going to touch on this subject as they are merely mouthpieces of these entities.

I don't know if you posted this earnestly, but the woman is a crack. "Dirty electricity" is a term used by conspiracy nuts, and no, we don't give rats diabetes by exposing them to radio waves lol, we feed them sugar. She's just making shit up.

This shit has happened for every single advancement in radiowave technology.

“Radios cause cancer.”

“Cell phones cause cancer.”

“Wifi causes cancer.”

“Cell phone signals used as wifi? Man, that must cause double-cancer.”

“Even more powerful cell phone signals used as wifi? Might as well sign myself up for chemo now.”

Radio waves do cause cancer 🤷‍♂️

It's been known for nearly 100 years.

Whitesnake

Banned
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death is it not?

Is your implication here that the reason it’s so common is because of radiowaves and their ubiquity?

The reason cancer is so common is mainly because of the nature of cancer. Anyone who lives long enough will eventually get cancer. Every time a cell in your body reproduces, there’s a chance of it being cancerous, even if you somehow avoided ALL possible influences that increase likeliness of cells mutating to be cancerous (it’s not realistically possible to avoid them all, btw).

I know WHO has lost some credibility for sucking Chinese cock lately, but they concluded in this 2011 study that it's a possible carcinogen and should continue being looked at:

I feel like it should be pointed out that them saying “I dunno, maybe radiowaves could be dangerous, but it requires further study” does not exactly lend credit to the claims being made by people like the guy in that video.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The reason cancer is so common is mainly because of the nature of cancer. Anyone who lives long enough will eventually get cancer. Every time a cell in your body reproduces, there’s a chance of it being cancerous, even if you somehow avoided ALL possible influences that increase likeliness of cells mutating to be cancerous (it’s not realistically possible to avoid them all, btw).

Just strikes me as flippant to say "oh they've said this about everything for 100 years", while we have shitloads of cancer. Are we certain this is not contributing at all?

I feel like it should be pointed out that them saying “I dunno, maybe radiowaves could be dangerous, but it requires further study” does not exactly lend credit to the claims being made by people like the guy in that video.

I didn't watch the video presented here, I was just responding to what appeared to be you handwaving away the possibility that this is a potential carcinogen. It's worth looking into further, not dismissing flat out as nonsense, I think.

Ichabod

Banned
This popped up in my video feed the other day and I ended up watching it all. It's pretty long but its definitely an interesting take on 5g.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just strikes me as flippant to say "oh they've said this about everything for 100 years", while we have shitloads of cancer. Are we certain this is not contributing at all?
The time to believe something is when there's sufficient evidence for it. 5G is in the radiation spectrum of non-ionizing radiation, which isn't capable of damaging DNA. We should of course study its effects and keep tabs on it, but there isn't any evidence that it's a serious cancer risk.

The sun causes more cancer than 5G.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Nymphae

Banned
The observed fact about the nature of ionizing radiation vs non-ionizing radiation and which band of radiation 5G is using?

I would like to see results of a study done specifically on the effects of 5G, if there have been any.

While many supported the current safety guidelines, which like 2G, 3G and 4G technologies, are based on heat and not biological effects, the presenters were in general agreement that there was a lack of scientific research on 5G.

Dr. Leszczynski, who researches non-ionizing radiation, emphasized, there is a continuous talk about assuring that the 5G maintains low levels of EMF exposure. However, there is not sufficient scientific research to show what low levels assure no health effects in short- and long-term exposures (acute and chronic exposures). It seems that the telecom industry assumes that their low level exposures will not cause- never -any health effects and telecom industry forcefully imposes this scientifically unsupported assumption on others, especially governmental decision-makers. Mentioned above “realistic public exposure levels” and “low EMF levels” have no basis in scientific research on biological effects predominantly because such research has not been done.”

There is an urgent need to start research studies examining effects of millimeter-waves on human health. However, there is a strong resistance from the telecom industry and from the decision-makers to start new research programs. ICNIRP and the telecoms strongly propagate the idea that the low power of EMF emissions from the 5G devices will guarantee that human health will not be affected.

However, the same assurances were made in 70’s when the first generation of cell phones was commercialized, followed by the unlimited spread of the 2G, 3G and 4G devices – as long as the device emits radiation within the ICNIRP guidelines it is considered as safe, what is not necessarily the case as shown by a number of research studies. As a direct consequence of the scientific research, in 2011 the International Agency for Research on Cancer has classified radiation emitted by the cell phones and cell towers as a possible human carcinogen.

Top Bottom