• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

69th Primetime Emmys | Hosted by Stephen Colbert | Sept. 17 8e/5p

Zero315

Banned
It’s good for Network Television, that’s about it.

Neither did The Americans, Leftovers, 13 Reasons Why, Orange is the New Black (Season 4). They chose fan favorites Stranger Things, This Is US.

giphy.gif

Came for the milkshake duck reactions, am not disappointed 😂

She’s immensely talented, such a shame it’s wasted on a brainwashed shell.

I've been watching Leah Remini's Anti-Scientology show on A&E and I'm so fucking angry at everything Scientology, what they do to those people is horrendous. David Miscavage is a fucking monster

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh my god, I just got it. "You don't own me" for when Handmaid's Tale wins.

Yeah, that clicked for me during Dowd's win and I got angry cause that's like the only thing I hated about that episode lol. Those music choices to close out episodes were bleh.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
HBO put all their eggs in the Westworld basket.

Also can almost guarantee GoT s7 wins next year even though it wasn't very good.

I don't know why, Evan Rachel Wood is the only thing about Westworld I'd say is award worthy, whatever that means. Actually, it deserves costuming, set design, etc. Stuff like that. But the rest...nah.

Actually, I see why. It's a popular genre hit for them. They probably thought it would be a nice little Game of Thrones fill in.

Dalek

Glad Handmaid's Tale is getting recognized. It's frustrating recommending it to everyone and seeing their eyes glaze over.

jett

D-Member
I wish someone would ask Elizabeth Moss if working on a show about a dangerous, abusive religious cult gave her any perspective in her involvement with scientology. Like, what the hell is wrong with you. Right now I'm disappointingly imagining her to be an airhead.

Volimar

I don't know why, Evan Rachel Wood is the only thing about Westworld I'd say is award worthy, whatever that means. Actually, it deserves costuming, set design, etc. Stuff like that. But the rest...nah.

Actually, I see why. It's a popular genre hit for them. They probably thought it would be a nice little Game of Thrones fill in.

But....Jeffrey Wright.

Turin

Banned
Seeing Oprah without hearing what was going on was pretty funny. Looked like she had a sudden burst of anxiety while smiling.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wish someone would ask Elizabeth Moss if working on a show about a dangerous, abusive religious cult gave her any perspective in her involvement with scientology. Like, what the hell is wrong with you. Right now I'm disappointingly imagining her to be an airhead.

Moss, who is normally relatively restrained when talking about her faith, responded to a comment on the subject left on one of her Instagram posts yesterday.

Instagram user moelybank wrote, “Love this adaptation so much. Question though, does it make you think twice about Scientology? Both Gilead and Scientology both believe that all outside sources (aka news) are wrong or evil… it’s just very interesting.”

Moss responded, “That’s actually not true at all about Scientology.” She added, “Religious freedom and tolerance and understanding the truth and equal rights for every race, religion and creed are extremely important to me. The most important things to me probably. And so Gilead and THT hit me on a very personal level. Thanks for the interesting question!”

Source

jfkgoblue

It's even taking over GoT's time slot in the Spring. It got a lot of hype when it was airing. I personally thought it was meh.

How much does Hulu cost again? Lol. I already spend like $120(tbf it includes internet on cable+HBO+Netflix)

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's even taking over GoT's time slot in the Spring. It got a lot of hype when it was airing. I personally thought it was meh.

How much does Hulu cost again? Lol. I already spend like $120(tbf it includes internet on cable+HBO+Netflix)
its like $8. Subscribe for a month and watch it lol.

Overall I think this Emmys was decent, the only thing that bothered me was Veep winning when they shouldn't have.
Comedy is hard to pick a decent choice so it will always will be difficult.

Top Bottom