• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of NEW Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Gameplay Footage

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Epic fail.

Well... people who have ACTUALLY played through the levels can't tell you what they think until tomorrow.

I'm not watching until it finishes processing the HD option. R&C needs to be seen in the best resolution possible... I am fully expecting it to blow my already high expectations away!

noah111

Still Alive
jstevenson said:
Epic fail.

Well... people who have ACTUALLY played through the levels can't tell you what they think until tomorrow.
Sorry my friend, you know I couldn't pass up the opportunity! :lol

DMPrince said:
It looks okay.
Really? I thought it looked awesome, especially the end space/moon gameplay. It's even better in HD!

Lince

Banned
looking fantastic... but the powerful weapons and gadgets with 1-hit to destroy everything on screen properties have me worried, come on Insomniac give us some challenge.

Ploid 3.0

I liked the use of cover. There seem to be quite a bit of cover stumps placed around levels. Ratchet used one in a good way. The harder modes will be a great experience. I wonder if the platforming will ramp up for the hard modes. Like 2 lines of fire for those rotating platforms, and 4 patrolling spotlights for that gate thing.

Espada

Wow, Ratchet's suit and weapons look fantastic. The environments have already been praised enough, goddamn. :lol

Definitely a day one purchase.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ploid 3.0 said:
D:

...... Love the platforming focus

I'm playing straight through on Hard right now, and it's sort of weird when I realize just how much traversal/platforming this game has. Definitely a higher mix.

VegaShinra

jstevenson said:
I'm playing straight through on Hard right now, and it's sort of weird when I realize just how much traversal/platforming this game has. Definitely a higher mix.
How hard is Hard? The games have always been somewhat on the easy side of things, so is Hard mode really a true hard mode?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
VegaShinra said:
How hard is Hard? The games have always been somewhat on the easy side of things, so is Hard mode really a true hard mode?

We're still tuning it. The idea being that Casual is easier than TOD, Normal is harder than TOD, and Hard is for true Ratchet fans.

VegaShinra

jstevenson said:
We're still tuning it. The idea being that Casual is easier than TOD, Normal is harder than TOD, and Hard is for true Ratchet fans.
That sounds good to me. I'll tackle the game on Hard right away for those sweet Trophies you guys have added. :D

noah111

Still Alive
jstevenson said:
That's nice to hear. Just wondering, can you change the difficulty up/down when you hit replay mode (ie beat the game)?

Ploid 3.0

2j0ysup.jpg

Oh snap, I spoke too soon. Look like the difficulty of those fire hazards were about to ramp up. And about those more flame streams, and spotlights I talked about earlier. I doubt that will happen (two eyes, one exhaust for the flame stream on the spinning disks), all would be needed is to make things move faster. For hard maybe things would just hit you harder or your health regen slower forgot how it's handled in QFB. Yea this game will be quite a challenge enough I think :D

Loxley

I still think Insomniac was right on the money with one of the game's suggested names; "Ratchet & Clank: Clockblockers".

jstevenson said:

Sounds good. Can you talk about which parameters are changed (reduced hit points for Ratchet, more hit points for enemies, more enemies etc)?

As an aside, I think its really helpful when developers explain difficulty modes in precise terms (as opposed to the usual "this mode is for X kind of player"). You rarely see it though.

Loxley said:
I still think Insomniac was right on the money with one of the game's suggested names; "Ratchet & Clank: Clockblockers".

that would have been the greatest subtitle ever.

edit: will play on hard!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Day one, looks beautiful, the bit in space where Ratchet lands on the that small planet made me think of Mario Galaxy, not that that's a bad thing though, I'm liking what looks like extra focus on plat forming.

VegaShinra

Loxley said:
:lol :lol :lol

I always enjoyed the sexual names they gave the other Ratchet titles. I miss those clever names now.

sn00zer

Cat in the Hat said:
Naughty Dog and them are in cahoots!
They actually used to be...the original PS@ Ratchets and the Jak games ran on the same engine (developed by Naughty Dog) hence the many references to the games in each others ips

Majmun

Tempting...

But I will not watch. I'll see it for myself when I'm playing this next month. Don't want to spoil anything.

Can't wait.

Top Bottom