• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 year old claims that he needs to play video games all night because of school

Tripon

To give himself more time for video games each night, he wrote a very serious note from "the school" about how he wasn't doing well in "VIDEO GAME CLASS." Then passed the note along to his mom, Lori, who then posted it on Reddit.

WAtWQM7l.jpg

"I held it up and asked 'what's this about' and he couldn't hide his devious smirk!" Lori told Mashable. "I emailed his teacher the picture of the note, and he had shown it to her as well."

And it worked too.

Even though Nathan admitted to his mom that "the school" wasn't concerned about his video game grades, the hilarious note did earn him 30 more minutes of video game time that evening. We'd say that's worth it.

http://mashable.com/2017/04/20/kid-fakes-video-game-note/#TBYGwlGhCOqP

duckroll

This is so confusing

I wouldn't know whether to beat my kid's ass or give him a treat for the gall

If you are remotely serious about considering beating your kid's ass for having the initiative and interest to practice negotiation at a young age, it's a good indication you are probably not ready to have kids. :)

This is so confusing

You can't be serious

This is the kind of thing you praise your seven year old for being so hilariously clever, post it on Facebook so your in-laws can laugh about it, and then take the note out ten years from now for a light ribbing after he joins debate club

Kvik

Should've cemented the deal by bringing up his straight As from last exam results.

They'll earn him an extra hour at least.

Hycran

Banned
You can't be serious

This is the kind of thing you praise your seven year old for being so hilariously clever, post it on Facebook so your in-laws can laugh about it, and then take the note out ten years from now for a light ribbing after he joins debate club

If he was really that clever he would have printed the note on the computer instead of in his own crummy handwriting.

That is to say, some adults do have handwriting like that, but probably not 2nd grade teachers.

wedca

Dear Mrs. Booker, your son is not performing well in Getting High AF 101. Please make sure he has an adequate supply of marijuana, preferably sativa edibles. Thank you, Professor Greene.

poodaddy

Gold Member
That's cute as hell lol.
My daughter is a crafty sort, so I look forward to seeing what kind of schemes she hatches when she hits this age.
Dear Mrs. Booker, your son is not performing well in Getting High AF 101. Please make sure he has an adequate supply of marijuana, preferably sativa edibles. Thank you, Professor Greene.
Low brow is kinda your thing huh?
This is so confusing

Don't reproduce please.

LordKasual

Banned
You can't be serious

If you are remotely serious about considering beating your kid's ass for having the initiative and interest to practice negotiation at a young age, it's a good indication you are probably not ready to have kids. :)

no i am not actually serious about literally beating my kids ass for trying to looney toons his way into playing more videogames

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kid tries to lie to his parents and forge school documents and he gets his wish with extra game time?

I pulled that shit my dad would have whipped me with a coat hanger and grounded my ass. Of course my dad is a sociopathic asshole...

Cute. I'd explain to him that what he did was not right then work something out with him to give him extra game time. (Good grades, extra work, etc)

So he forged a document and was rewarded? This is completely unacceptable, that kid will live a life of crime and society will collapse.

You guys have no idea what kind of crap people lie about to get to the front page on reddit.

He also spelled everything perfect except for electronics. I can't help but think it's fake lol

wedca

Called low brow by a guy called poodaddy... now I've seen everything.

To contribute a serious reply, I think it was endearingly manipulative and I probably would've said "nice try mister" to the kid and not given him more game time but I'd buy him a little gaming swag like an amiibo or something out of the blue as a small reward for loving gaming.

Top Bottom