• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 2/24/2012: BLOCK DROPPIN’ BEATS

bYNbs.jpg

Join us for a little boom-tiss-boom, as James “Milkman” Mielke of Q Entertainment visits 8-4 Towers to go deep (so deep) into the creation of PS Vita launch title Lumines: Electronic Symphony. But first, a game-by-game dissection of the U.S. and Japanese Nintendo Direct conferences, and updates on PS3 faves The Last Guardian and (most importantly) Tokyo Jungle, all in news. Wrap it all up with fresh hands-on Gravity Daze/Rush impressions and you got yourself a show, mister!

Time – Topic Discussed:
8:33 – Nintendo Direct
52:51 – News: Seaman on 3DS, Last Guardian Development Problems, Tokyo Jungle Release Date
1:15:00 – Lumines: Electronic Symphony Talk
2:16:00 – Gravity Daze/Rush
2:21:00 – Closing Comments

Running time: 2:27:48

Direct Download

iTunes

RSS feed

8-4 Play facebook

8-4 Play twitter

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Downloading for my commute tomorrow.

I do hope we get a Tales eps in March. 8-4 is kinda the 'official Tales localization team' now, and I doubt Bamco will be promoting Graces F at all =(

.JayZii

Banned
I do hope we get a Tales eps in March. 8-4 is kinda the 'official Tales localization team' now, and I doubt Bamco will be promoting Graces F at all =(

I would be all for that. I haven't played a Tales game before but I've been thinking about starting with Graces F.

Please consider it 8-4 peoples.

Jburton

Banned
This is one of two gaming podcasts that I listen to anymore (giantbomb being the other), but goddamn I could never stand Mielke.

No 8-4 for me, till next time.

LiK

Milky interview was really great. Good info about the making of Lumines ES.

Also...

Mark: "BITCH!"

XD

Coheno

Sah-weet! Can't wait to listen to this...might save it for tomorrow!

Somehow I'm behind on all podcasts, but this one, and as soon as it comes out this is the first I listen to instead of finishing up Weekend Confirmed or Bombcast...

Grimmy

Banned
Really excellent interview. Makes *me* want to go buy Lumines: Eletronic Symphony!*

*except I'm not going to get a Vita until end of this year

Conflicted on whether I should make sure to listen to the cast while playing Lumiens or not :p

You don't have to worry about that. Lumines seems to be the one game that is so bullish about its own soundtrack that it actively disallows playing anything else in the background. While I can understand it, I would still have liked the choice for stuff like time trials, which I tend to do a lot. I hope they patch that option in there sometime.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Conflicted on whether I should make sure to listen to the cast while playing Lumiens or not :p

Funny thing is I've been playing my 2nd Voyage session while listening to this episode and I'm breaking my old score (at 1.8 million right now!)

It was funny playing the game essentially on mute and hearing Mielke and 8-4 cast saying you're missing on a lot if you play with no sounds. Haha

LiK

Funny thing is I've been playing my 2nd Voyage session while listening to this episode and I'm breaking my old score (at 1.8 million right now!)

It was funny playing the game essentially on mute and hearing Mielke and 8-4 cast saying you're missing on a lot if you play with no sounds. Haha

so the secret powerup is the soothing deep voice of Milky-san, amirite?

Top Bottom