• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 Minutes of WET Gameplay

Endless

nextgenplayer.com: While the publishing fate of WET (360/PS3) remains in limbo, developer A2M from Montreal is still proceeding with their hot gun-totting action game WET.

The game tells the story of Rubi, an acrobatic, sword-wielding gun-for-hire who agrees to help a wealthy man find and bring back his wayward son. Soon enough all hell breaks loose and the tables are turned, as the man who hired her isn't who he appeared to be. Now Rubi's on the run, needing to find the man who left her for dead and leaving a massive body count in her wake.

A2M Senior Artistic Technical Director, David Lightbown, presented an exclusive 8 minute video of WET gameplay at MIGS 2008

Video: Youtube

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Some of it looks really cool.

Just about all of it looks really janky.

DongHungLong said:
Looks horrible x_x.

Predictable first response and one that I'm sure will be echoed throughout the gaming community because of the title alone. I don't think it looks that bad. It doesn't look fantastic or anything but it looks like it could be fun for a little while at least.

itxaka

Defeatist
I can't imagine playing in slowmo all the game. Max Payne had it rigth, only a meter and you can run out.

Is this game the same, with a slowmo meter?

BarrelMakingPenguin said:
Predictable first response and one that I'm sure will be echoed throughout the gaming community because of the title alone. I don't think it looks that bad. It doesn't look fantastic or anything but it looks like it could be fun for a little while at least.
Would "looks like something that may be worth my game-playing time after I can get it for $12 used and play it during the late spring months when there's nothing else to play and I don't feel like playing other, better games that I may have missed" be better?

Or would "looks like something that I'll play when I'm visiting my parents down in LA and since my brother bought it I decided I'd play it for a few hours and get what enjoyment can be had for it"? Because that describes Stranglehold and frankly that looked better than what I just watched.

BarrelMakingPenguin said:

I watched it twice yesterday and once again today and I don't see anything to call home about. It looks like a stranglehold on crack. Couldn't tell what the shit was going on in that game most of the time and this looks even worse. And from seeing this the story is definatly gonna be riveting and full of non corny dialog...

A2M is stuck in license game hell,
this Wet is their attempt of breaking away from license games by trying a new IP,
it doesn't seem to be working

KevinCow

Banned
So it's like Prince of Persia + The Matrix? That's pretty cool. But then, I'm a sucker for both platforming and bullet-time.

Metalic Sand said:
Pretty much Stranglehold but with a chick

Interest + 1000.

Edit:

+++ Looks like Stranglehold
+ More moves than Stranglehold
--- Button mashing to open doors
--- Platforming segments

Final hype: meh.

YYZ

Could have done better on the name of their company, and the name of their game, and the game itself.

roMonster

...Now Ruby ain't your typical run 'n gun gal...

Then what did I just watch?

Doesn't look all bad though. Maybe it will have fun multiplayer...

Knox said:
Is there any connection between this and Stranglehold? They just look way too similar.

I can't imagine there is....maybe inspiration?

To be honest I remember there was a time when I was actually looking forward to this game. I read a preview for it in GI a year or so ago and the premise actually sounded interesting. But after watching this video...wow. I mean literally its as if you spend the entire game diving acrobatically in slow mo...

I can say that after watching this I want a Next Gen BloodRayne SO much!

This shit looks like a cheap pc game...some of those animations are completely laughable for an action game.

Blast Processing said:
That plot synopsis is so generic I thought for a minute it was a prescription drug.
I lol'ed

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Brashnir said:
Stranglehold sucked the first time. I don't need another one with a chick.
Multiplayer sucked but it was fun for a once through if you played on hard. The story was the most boring part though. What a waste of all that voice acting talent.

Esperado

Damn, they even got IGN editors commenting on how bad it looks.

IGN on youtube said:
Last gen animation.

Last gen gameplay.

Looks like a 6 hours game.

Looks like it has a last-gen storyline.

Like almost all western games, the swordfighting is weak.

If I was the publisher, I'd pull the plug on this one.

Esperado said:
Damn, they even got IGN editors commenting on how bad it looks.
I think it was ironic.

however, very very bad looking game... and what's with all that bullet-time? I thought people stopped abusing it last gen.

Everdred

I think it looks pretty fun, I would pay $20 for it. In comparison I would only pay $20 for Strangehold (rented and beat it instead), but I enjoy the game. I could see it being released and reaching 7.0-7.25 review scores.

Arcipello

looks like they couldnt afford the Kill Bill license so they changed the yellow jumpsuit and slapped on a really shitty title instead. and yes, one can only take so much bullet time!

GrayFoxPL

If the game had a logo of some "prominent" developer slaped over it, then right now you guys would be curling in a ball sucking your own dicks from all the hype. :D

I like the look of it, Stranglehold Super Turbo! :lol

Mithos

Like some people already have said..

Looks like Prince Of Persia + Max Payne + some Tome Raider moments mixed together.

Top Bottom