• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 Yakuza games coming to PlayStation Plus in 2022, starting this month

Nearly completed Yakuza 1 on GamePass. I keep hearing everyone say 0 is the best. Should I play that next or the others.... then 0 last?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nearly completed Yakuza 1 on GamePass. I keep hearing everyone say 0 is the best. Should I play that next or the others.... then 0 last?

I would have recommended playing 0 first, cause they added some extra stuff in Kiwami to factor the things that happen in it.

But since you're almost done with the first one, I would say play Zero next.

Cause if you leave Zero till the end, it'll be a bit jarring to play a prequel after everything else.

RobRSG

Too late, own them all.
I own them all as well + the Judgement games for PS5.

I might buy Yakuza 6 on a sale for PC later on because I can’t stand it in 30FPS form.

I recommend the series to anyone willing to dive into japanese drama and weirdness!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
There are no other games like it really. Not western anyway. Closest would be Shenmue.

Closest I can think of would be Sleeping Dogs I guess?
There's nothing else quite like Yakuza though. It's a beautiful thing all of its own.

Ah man. That sorta sucks to a degree. So many people I trust love the series, yet there's this goofiness about it that makes me feel like I won't like it.

Top Bottom