• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Alucard

Banned
Just discovered this by accident over the past week or two with some random YouTube mixes. Didn't know this style of music was going through some kind of renaissance.

Lazerhawk's Dreamrider is pretty rad. I dig.

I think this genre will have more staying power than chiptune. They seem pretty complementary.

creatchee

This upcoming album could be good:

Tracklist:

1. Waveshaper - Emergence
2. Vincenzo Salvia - Fantasma
3. Nightstop - Intimacy
4. d.notive - Fire In Your Eyes
5. Hello Meteor - Landline
6. Dream Fiend - Pest Control
7. Sellorekt / LA Dreams - Intruder
8. Nightstop - The End Is Night
9. Moondragon - Crestfallen
10. Absolute Valentine - Light In The Dark
11. Waveshaper & Irving Force - Retaliation
12. Maxthor - Buried Deep Inside

releases November 18, 2016

Bandcamp link: https://lazerdiscs.bandcamp.com/album/the-summoner-original-soundtrack

The whole album is awesome, but Buried Deep Inside is on another level. Then again, I'm a huge Maxthor mark, so my bias may be shining through.

Also, if you haven't checked out Maxthor's EP and Another World, you're missing out. So sexually good.

Ixion

Count me as another big fan of the Perturbator EP. Yes, there's not as many sweeping melodic leads, but that's essentially replaced with more focus on percussive grooves. And the grooves do indeed groove.

This is much better than anything from Seas of Infinity

I love Seas of Infinity, and I agree with this statement. The song is that good. Damn.

Snufit

Neo Member
Another Starcadian single from the upcoming album Midnight Signals:

Freak Night
a0012662038_10.jpg
Soundcloud (stream) | Bandcamp (download & lyrics)

ShaneB

'Anna of the North - Lovers' was on my google play music new release recommendations. Checked it out finally since FM-84 tweeted it as an album of the year..

It is incredible.

Moonkid

Haven't listened to ol' Perturbator in months after Uncanny Valley failed to grab me but I'm liking some of the latest EP. Corrupted by Design has a killer motif but it loses all sense of momentum in the second half. Tempted to go see him in Aus too, I'm well overdue for a trip to Melborne or Syndey.

Haven't listened to ol' Perturbator in months after Uncanny Valley failed to grab me but I'm liking some of the latest EP. Corrupted by Design has a killer motif but it loses all sense of momentum in the second half. Tempted to go see him in Aus too, I'm well overdue for a trip to Melborne or Syndey.

I've a spare ticket I could sell you at a discount for Sydney if you're keen!

Also, just listened to that Thunderbird album. Holy SHIT is 'Magnum Bullets' awesome!

Top Bottom