• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8bitdo announces new controllers SNES30/SFC30 Pro, NES30 Fight Stick & Cube speakers

Analog sticks look pretty ugly, think I'm better off just getting the standards ones, but it's great that the option is there.

Dinjoralo

I'm going to hope that the bigger, more proper looking sticks means this won't have anything as flimsy as the NES30's analog sticks. And maybe that it won't feel as cheap and creaky in general. :/ But the fact that they're touting Switch support for all of this probably means the Switch support patched into their existing controllers is doing well for them. I think they're actually the first third-party Switch controllers on the market.

Chairhome

Isn't the picture with speakers misleading since switch doesn't support Bluetooth audio? I know it has direct aux, just saying there should be cables in the pic.

shockdude

That stick uses the same case and probably the same parts as the Mayflash F300. They're no Sanwa parts but they're very functional and serviceable.
71i1AJmejIL._SL1500_.jpg

Alpha_eX

That's ugly, I disagree with the design choices, it just looks off for the sake of putting two awkwardly placed buttons. Why not put them to top right and top left of the dpad and face buttons respectively? Also, what's up with the super fat start/select buttons.

Feels like this one was rushed out once they got Switch support in.

Thread isn't working on my end - any word on which controllers were affected by this?

All of them as far as I know. The 8bitdo forums recently vanished with their site redesign so you can't see the discussion any more.

I have the NES30 (got with my Analogue NT). The dpad is...decent. It's not awful, but the diagonals are very sensitive / finicky. Enough that I picked up some extension cables for my OEM NES controllers instead of another NES30.

People took them apart, they used differently shaped sensors underneath vs the OG NES.

http://imgur.com/vbePRGC

(Link from a previous Neogaf thread).

It's too bad, because it's damn good otherwise.

I was wondering why they didn't have an SNES style one in the last thread, and bam! There it is. Definitely interested in one, the only issue might be the shoulder buttons being so close together

Jazzem

Any word if they've fixed the d-pad on these?

The old ones had poorly designed contacts which caused them to be really sensitive on the diagonals:

http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html

I own one of the older ones and really regret buying it, but I'm totally on board with a new one if they fix this.

I'll be interested if these have improved the buttons and d-pad over the FC30 Pro I used to own.

That thing had really unsatisfying feedback on the dpad and buttons, so much so I ended up returning it not long after getting it.

Yup :/ Sadly I'm in the process of returning my FC30 for these very reasons, among a few other connection related ones. I'd happily buy a new pad from them if these were confirmed to be fixed

Robin64

Isn't the picture with speakers misleading since switch doesn't support Bluetooth audio? I know it has direct aux, just saying there should be cables in the pic.

No, because they are apparently Bluetooth speakers. This is the big news here. Wonder how they've done it?

Edit: Unless they do have Bluetooth but with a Switch you'd need to use a jack. In which case, yes, the pic is misleading. Would love them to clarify. But yeah, the speakers have wired support too.

How are those speaker cubes supposed to work on Switch, when Switch doesn’t support wireless audio? Picture is misleading unless they say they’ve gotten it working.

All of them as far as I know. The 8bitdo forums recently vanished with their site redesign so you can't see the discussion any more.

I have the NES30 (got with my Analogue NT). The dpad is...decent. It's not awful, but the diagonals are very sensitive / finicky. Enough that I picked up some extension cables for my OEM NES controllers instead of another NES30.

People took them apart, they used differently shaped sensors underneath vs the OG NES.

http://imgur.com/vbePRGC

(Link from a previous Neogaf thread).

It's too bad, because it's damn good otherwise.
I got the old SNES and Super Famicom controllers from them (one of each), no d-pad issues at all, best d-pad on the Switch.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Those pro controllers look hideous. ( I own their NES and Super Famicon controllers)

Would love them to make some Sega controllers.

Baleoce

Finally a SFC30 Pro

Yeah I'm all in on this. Dayumn.

That stick uses the same case and probably the same parts as the Mayflash F300. They're no Sanwa parts but they're very functional and serviceable.

Also they confirmed on a Facebook post that you can swap out the parts. Buttons are standard size etc.

Yes, they are standard 30mm sized. You can mod the stick very easily. No soldering needed with buttons, they all use quick-disconnects.

Glad to see it's Using USB C

I was gonna jump on one of the older models, but I figured I'd wait for them to add USB C ports. Now I have no reason to wait.

C.Mongler

I wonder which would be more comfortable this or NES30/FC30 Pro. Shoulder buttons especially.

I have the NES30 Pro and personally, I don't find it very comfortable at all when using the full pad layout. Like it's fine I guess, but it's only marginally better than using a Joycon IMO. Using just the D-Pad and face buttons is perfectly okay, but once you start getting into longer play sessions with with sticks and shoulder buttons, it gets tiring after a while; it's just not very ergonomic.

I'm interested to try these SNES ones though. While I do think they're kind of ugly, I think the shoulder buttons being in the more traditional vertical layout will help a bit, and the sticks seem bigger and much better quality than the NES30 ones. On the NES30 the sticks are small, plastic, and kind of cheap-feeling without much grip to them, and these look like they might have the rubber coating that makes them stick to your fingers better. At the very least, that outer circle on them should help quite a bit.

I hate how high priced they are, all i want is a SNES usb controller to play some Mega Man games. I notices the buffalo SNES controllers have went up to $20 bucks too ;(. Any cheaper suggestions?

muteki

I wonder what the size comparison is to the FC30 Pro. A larger version of that with better trigger button placement (which seems to be the case, based off pictures) would really suit me.

Grief.exe

Damn that looks nice.

Could see use in modern games on both Switch and PC, then transfers over nicely to retro play on those systems, as well as SNES.

How are those speaker cubes supposed to work on Switch, when Switch doesn’t support wireless audio? Picture is misleading unless they say they’ve gotten it working.

I'm puzzled as well, most possible case, they give a Bluetooth jack thingie that sends the sound, kind of weird tho.

Top Bottom