• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 minutes of Gears 5 on Xbox Series X - 4K@60FPS

Yes you are, its not muy opinión, its all your post history, you are crearly biased against any sony first party game, you have show that behaviour on countless threads, and lets stop there this is a gears 5 thread, but you are crearly lying when sugesstion immsoniac havent done any work on the remaster, when its pretty clear that they have changed a lot of assets, models etc
VFX probably has more hours on Sony games then some of the warriors on this site. How do I know? I literally have seen his discord playing HZD for several days upon release, as well as just this week. He doesn't hate them, he's complimented them several times. You might thing he doesn't like Sony games, because these same warriors tote Sony games as the best story, best graphics, best gameplay, and nothing can top them. He objectively explains why they aren't, and these same warriors go apeshit.

Its cool that we can all have our opinions and all, but he has more experience than you or I in the film and graphics industry, and could school the hell out of all of us. Try not to get bias, mixed up with facts. There's a difference between subjective and objective.

cryptoadam

Banned
I am sure there are lots of Gears fans but how about showing some next gen games?

Its like everything about MS is last gen stuff just beefed up. Maybe its a NDA thing but its a month away and we haven't seen a real ass next gen game running on Series X.

This has to be one of the most underwhelming and least hyped launch in years.

Lanrutcon

I remember the textures on the PC version being pretty bad. At a distance? looks great. Get close and it looked shitty. Game ran like butter though.

supernova8

Banned
JTA0xHz.png

szrYygo.png

The difference is insane.

Wow.
It is?

Just looks like deeper blacks nothing more.

Rikkori

Can ppl please stop saying it's equivalent to PC settings? It's not true at all. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. And remember: on PC we go beyond ultra with 'insane' settings.

Gears-JDinvade-xbox.png
Gears-JDinvade-pc.png

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
These upgrades are gonna turn one of last gen's best lookers to a solid,, upgraded next gen launch title.

Still, while Gears 5 last "operation" was a step in the right direction i was really hoping to see more content for the Series X launch - the rumored Hivebusters campaign DLC and some fresh multiplayer maps (about 6 would be nice).

VFXVeteran

Banned
Not really, the PC settings don't change in any significant way the look of the game.

Are you telling me that HBAO+ is negligible compared to SSAO? Or that 4x anisotropic filtering is good enough over 16X anisotropic filtering? How about pushing LOD back extremely far compared to seeing things pop up continuously?

You guys love to downplay the Ultra settings of a PC when you don't realize how much it impacts both rendering quality and rendering cost. These enhancements aren't just resolution changes and increased FPS.

This generation, outside of RT, you'll see that even the PS5's games will push these kinds of 'ultra' settings for games and you'll write it off as next-gen enhancements.

Justin9mm

People saying the comparison difference is so much better is either trolling or straight fan-boying..

There is a difference but its not that significant to warrant any sort of OMG praise. It's expected to look slightly better but lets not make out the Series X version was worth waiting for compared to playing it on the One X. Seriously LOL.

I am sure there are lots of Gears fans but how about showing some next gen games?

Its like everything about MS is last gen stuff just beefed up. Maybe its a NDA thing but its a month away and we haven't seen a real ass next gen game running on Series X.

This has to be one of the most underwhelming and least hyped launch in years.

Agreed. Watch this video if you have time , never known a pre launch like it, if anything it’s more appealing to stick with 1X/Pro the way he comes across

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
so uhm dont get me wrong but..next gen turned to current get but 120fps MP ..is that MP cross-gen or only seriersx? cuz i t would be pretty unfair to play MP on Xone (30-60?)fps vs some1 other player (120fps):messenger_neutral:
another generation same topic being brought up

DavidGzz

VFX probably has more hours on Sony games then some of the warriors on this site. How do I know? I literally have seen his discord playing HZD for several days upon release, as well as just this week. He doesn't hate them, he's complimented them several times. You might thing he doesn't like Sony games, because these same warriors tote Sony games as the best story, best graphics, best gameplay, and nothing can top them. He objectively explains why they aren't, and these same warriors go apeshit.

Its cool that we can all have our opinions and all, but he has more experience than you or I in the film and graphics industry, and could school the hell out of all of us. Try not to get bias, mixed up with facts. There's a difference between subjective and objective.

Look at that dude's tag, you can't reason with fanboys. Xbox or Playstation, it doesn't matter, if any talk about either side isn't glowing, these kids see it as biased. The fanboy goggles are so tight it cuts circulation off and they can't see reason.

People saying the comparison difference is so much better is either trolling or straight fan-boying..

There is a difference but its not that significant to warrant any sort of OMG praise. It's expected to look slightly better but lets not make out the Series X version was worth waiting for compared to playing it on the One X. Seriously LOL.

Who waited this whole time? Pretty sure it's just a bonus the same way it will be a bonus to play Spiderman on PS5. Maybe that will put it in a light you can understand. Also, not everyone has a Pro or a One X so the difference will be pretty massive. 2013 hardware vs better than ultra pc settings. These low res shots and youtube compression vids will not show the true difference either.

Last edited:
playing this with the rtx3080 maxed atm. just getting 70-80fps in heavier scences. looks really good with HDR enabled. i think this game is a showcase for HDR as turning it off lets the game look really bad and flat in comparison. nevertheless it's not looking particularly "next gen" to me. just like AAA current gen.

Can ppl please stop saying it's equivalent to PC settings? It's not true at all. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. And remember: on PC we go beyond ultra with 'insane' settings.

Gears-JDinvade-xbox.png
Gears-JDinvade-pc.png

devs said themselves they've improved the lighting / GI over the PC version.

Pretty sure it was 4k/60fps on Xbox One X too.

4K is fluid.
60FPS is a spectrum.

You're right though, I've noticed this, they release a game as 4K/60FPS, and when it doesn't match, they release it later with the right 4K/60FPS. BS lol and it's not just MS, all of them do it.

Reactions: PSX

Dibils2k

Gears-JDinvade-xbox.png
Gears-JDinvade-pc.png

what am i looking at here? i assume right one is PC? and the left one is from Series X?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I'm all for free remasters. It would be real shity if Microsoft tried to charge me again for i game I already own.

its not even a remaster just download the same game on XsX. its just upping some settings and doing some tweaks here and there.

I mean who would ever charge for upping SOme settiNgs and adding little features to an alreadY existing game?

Last edited:

notseqi

Why do these gameplay videos always look as if the person with the controller is playing games for the first time, unfamiliar with weapons mechanics a seasoned player would figure out after two shots and quite unsure how movement works?

Looks better than Halo :)

I still dont get the appeal of gears games, I tried to play them on 360 and got so bored that I just sold them. Like shoot in cover, run. Shoot in cover. Run. Repeat.

But cant like everything, I also hated mario odyssey and Spiderman were boring.

Other than 4k it doesnt scream next gen, but imo looks good enough.

Dead space with these graphics would be nice!

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Gears-JDinvade-xbox.png
Gears-JDinvade-pc.png

Maybe read the article.

If you're struggling to notice any differences, you're not alone. What's crazier is, these crisp, detailed images full of handsome touches are appearing in isolation, as opposed to the dazzlingly smooth flipbook effect of running, somersaulting, and shotgunning at 120fps. Yet Xbox Series X doesn't sweat in rendering these frames at a blistering 8.33 millisecond threshold with barely any noticeable lurches in my hours of testing (and, again, with zero noticeable noise spewing out of the console at peak load). There's no getting around it: Series X is a fundamental game-changer in terms of console power, and Gears 5's buttery smooth 120fps toggle has me instantly excited at the prospect of other console-game developers following suit.

the PC version has apparently adopted some of those illumination tweaks, so like-for-like comparisons show the PC version narrowly beating that of Xbox Series X on a visual basis, primarily due to superior ambient occlusion on the PC version... but, again, that's a PC version jacked up to "ultra" and "maximum" settings while running on an i7-8700K and RTX 3080. For pretty much every other graphical element you can think of (draw distance, shadow resolution, geometric detail), Series X is neck-and-neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I did. Now you use your eyes & brain so that way you don't simply believe every idiot writer for arstehnica (ie any of them).
Lol, yeah ok mate... So it's just your personal opinion, I'll go with my own eyes which apparently see the same thing as the professional of Ars Technica.

dottme

It looks good. Even on one X it was looking good. But I’m not sure why’ since Gears 3, I don’t really care about the series anymore.

lock2k

Banned
Pretty sure it was 4k/60fps on Xbox One X too. I played it not too much time ago, but I remember it to perform and looks exactly like that :pie_thinking:

Anyway is a great looking game and better than the 4th, but after 2hrs, when you start with the "open world", it become unbelievable boring. And the ending...
Played 2 hours and got bored, never got to the ending, what about it?

iHaunter

Looks decent for sure; sadly still nowhere near the E3 Trailer... But that's pretty common from all Companies. I'm sure GOW fans are happy for 4K/60, probably looks better without YT compression too.

Roberts

Agreed. Watch this video if you have time , never known a pre launch like it, if anything it’s more appealing to stick with 1X/Pro the way he comes across

I don't remember if he said it in this video or in one of his other previews, but he clearly states that after testing XSX and its features (like Auto-HDR etc) he doesn't want to go back to XOX or PS4Pro at all.

I don't remember if he said it in this video or in one of his other previews, but he clearly states that after testing XSX and its features (like Auto-HDR etc) he doesn't want to go back to XOX or PS4Pro at all.

He did, however his constant talk of diminishing returns and old games playing better, it’s not what excites me about new consoles dude. It’s how devs create new experiences with better tech and so on that gets my enthusiasm going.

He can say what he likes of course, I just find it underwhelming what he’s talking about and disappointing.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Looks stellar, what was the resolution and performance on X1X? Also did they put out a patch to include say higher res textures and stuff for the Series X or is this just the BC game without any patch

4k 60 and it looks stellar already without any enhancements.

Top Bottom