• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 minutes of Gears 5 on Xbox Series X - 4K@60FPS

Kikorin

Pretty sure it was 4k/60fps on Xbox One X too. I played it not too much time ago, but I remember it to perform and looks exactly like that :pie_thinking:

Anyway is a great looking game and better than the 4th, but after 2hrs, when you start with the "open world", it become unbelievable boring. And the ending...

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was 4k/60fps on Xbox One X too. I played it not too much time ago, but I remember it to perform and looks exactly like that :pie_thinking:

Anyway is a great looking game and better than the 4th, but after 2hrs, when you start with the "open world", it become unbelievable boring. And the ending...
I think it was dynamic 4k on 1X and the game wasn't maxed out on it, this is basically the PC version maxed out with added effects that I'll guess they'll patch into the PC version...

Codes 208

It's pretty neat how smooth the game runs on an ancient 2013 base Xbox One... I can't wait to see this running on the SX in person.
It runs a dynamic resolution hovering around 900p at 30fps with lower settings so it’s not that odd. (Multiplayer of course being 60fps)

kikii

so uhm dont get me wrong but..next gen turned to current gen but 120fps MP ..is that MP cross-gen or only seriersx? cuz i t would be pretty unfair to play MP on Xone (30-60?)fps vs some1 other player (120fps):messenger_neutral:

Last edited:

Dampf

JTA0xHz.png

szrYygo.png

The difference is insane.

Wow.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah agreed, I was really hoping for deep, "face-morphing" gameplay and movie-quality CGI motion blur:

Well cutscenes are nice even on X1X and they are real-time, sadly it was focus to make it work on X1 OG at 60FPS, so that look were impossible to do.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah agreed, I was really hoping for deep, "face-morphing" gameplay and movie-quality CGI motion blur:

you guys are talking about a character face only reveal trailer?! lol

But also it is amazing what the tech can do these days to match the models mouth movements to any sound.

itsnotme

Haven't watched yet but what's the difference between this and what digit foundry showed earlier this year? Did they add RT to it or is it just bugs fixes since then

Kuranghi

you guys are talking about a character face only reveal trailer?! lol

But also it is amazing what the tech can do these days to match the models mouth movements to any sound.

edit - DrumNBassDanTTV DrumNBassDanTTV I've caused you to spiral into my hurricane of joke-confusion, sorry pal, please read on.

RoboFu RoboFu The joke has gotten confusing at this point. I'll clear things up with a timeline:

1) It all started when Hayabusabruh Hayabusabruh made a post expressing his feelings that the released Gears 5 in-game/real-time cutscene graphics didn't match up to the initial reveal. It wasn't really related to the topic, but perhaps he was slightly embittered by his own disappointment following the release of Gears 5. In his mind the graphics didn't match up and his hopes were dashed. Perhaps he cancelled his preorder whilst staring into a fire, the flames reflected in his eyes, dancing.

2) I ( Kuranghi Kuranghi ) remembered that the initial reveal trailer of Gears 5 was actually an arty CGI video of the main characters face, gurning in emotional pain, that tried to communicate the tone of the game and the struggle of the MC. It was a good showpiece for the E3 show. It obviously wasn't supposed to be a representation of the graphics of the game aside from the art style.

3) Acting in bad faith but with the goal of laughs and guffaws from my fellow gafers, I ( Kuranghi Kuranghi ), set about constructing a post that would imply that Hayabusabruh Hayabusabruh was talking about the "Kait, Broken" trailer I posted. Thus making him look like a silly-man who would compare CGI to real-time graphics.

4) You arrived and were (rightfully) confused and I had to write this post in reply. It was pretty fun to write. Thanks RoboFu RoboFu .

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
JTA0xHz.png

szrYygo.png

The difference is insane.

Wow.

Difference seems to be in textures, and added HDR. Seems to be more lighting differences.

I would be far more impressed if they had newer character models. Character model assets are the same but now with better filtering, better rendered image, and added HDR.

Azurro

Banned
That's how it looked on Xbox One X right? That's a nice looking game. So this is just a native 4K with higher settings version then?

Papacheeks

Banned

So higher rendered resolution, juiced filters, better textures, better lighting. But assets are the same.

Gears 5 was already a looker, this is just juiced to 100.

I might redownload this on PC if these are coming to PC?

Still not something I care too much about since I already played the shit out of gears.

Top Bottom