• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 Minutes of Super T.I.M.E. Force Gameplay

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought this was coming to ios initially.

Am I thinking of something else.

I swear I remember hearing about this.

I got to around 2:55 where there was a sunglasses-wearing raptor jumping on 2d pixel sprite cars and stopped the video.

I didn't need to see any more; my interest is fully invested in this game now.

zroid

Banned
I got to around 2:55 where there was a sunglasses-wearing raptor jumping on 2d pixel sprite cars and stopped the video.

I didn't need to see any more; my interest is fully invested in this game now.

lol exactly the same for me

I just stopped watching. Now all I need is an Xbox 360...

Mesoian

Played it at PAX.

I guess the only issue I had with it was that the idea of the time control and having a ton of your ghosts helping you fight paired with the idea of saving lives inherently feels like it conflicts with itself. But I think that's just your brain getting used to the concept. It played pretty fantastically and it had a ton of charm, but the time mechanic seemed pretty oppressive.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
When I was a kid, before 3D graphics "ruined" everything, this is what I thought games in the future would be like

Vert boil

Gameplay/Interview from PAX stream - http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/381739404
(starts at 1.08.40 to 1.45.45)

A short What is Super TIME Force vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4o6UcQlgk

Some old screens,

STF_apoc.png

STF_boss.png

STF_space.png

Mesoian

Previous MS published games on XBLA have appeared on PC and PSN down the road though, no? I thought so, anyway.

They have yes, but usually after a 6 month exclusivity clause, moreso if it gets included in something like Summer of Arcade.

HEY GAF PALS!

Just got to GDC from PAX East... glad IGN put that video up so you could all get to see the craziness that is SUPER TIME FORCE.

Thanks for all the love, let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer as always.

The animation in this is done with skeletons right?
When you are killed, the game switches from the traditional animation over to 2D ragdoll physics with separate limbs, torso & head. PIXEL ART RAGDOLL TIME-DEATHS!

Gameplay/Interview from PAX stream - http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/381739404
(starts at 1.08.40 to 1.45.45)
That's me! And Kenneth Yeung, the STF lead programmer/co-creator/co-designer!

Capy is the awesomest.
NO YOU ARE

Still looks just as awesome as it did at reveal. Hoping for a steam release once exclusivity is up (which it should given MS recent track record)

5amshift

Banned
Nathan, it was fun chatting and grabbing a t-shirt off you again at PAX East, seeing Super Time Force again this year was definitely on my to-do list.

EagleEyes

This forum seems more obsessed with what platform a videogame is on instead of the actual game lol. On topic this game looks amazing and i've got my points ready Capy. :)

This is how you do a retro looking game! I don't understand everything that is going on though.

It's a run-and-gun platformer in the vein of Gunstar. At any point in the game (or upon dying) you can rewind time and start playing again from that point alongside all the other versions of yourself. In short, you use time travel to play coop with the past versions of yourself.

Also jokes.

Epcott

;_; I guess I have to wait for a PSN release, would play amazingly on Vita.

Love the Spumco style commercial. Reminds me of something Pendleton Ward would create a show for.

Edit: Is this not a possible timed exclusive? If not I retract my wishful thinking, or await Steam version (or buy it for a friends XBLA).

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
AAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh!!!! So fucking awesome. I just adore their style of pixel art. Capybara are gods in this area. I fucking love what they have going here.

Lots of what is essentially port begging in here. Thought that was against the rules?

Game looks great, won't be surprised to see it headline Summer of Arcade.

Fabrik

Banned
It's a run-and-gun platformer in the vein of Gunstar. At any point in the game (or upon dying) you can rewind time and start playing again from that point alongside all the other versions of yourself. In short, you use time travel to play coop with the past versions of yourself.

Also jokes.

Aaah so you inflict double damage? So the more you die the easier it gets? And if you reach the farthest point in the future you have been so far, you are alone again?
So it means you can combine powers with your old self (For instance one self with a shield and another self with the machine gun?) That's actually very clever!

When I was a kid, before 3D graphics "ruined" everything, this is what I thought games in the future would be like

lol I was going to say it looks like a next-gen pixel game :D

A short What is Super TIME Force vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4o6UcQlgk

I guess I should have watched this before.
Aaaaaand just like that, the game jumps in 2nd position in my to download list!
On first impression, when you don't know what's going on, the game looks too hard. That's very misleading.
Anyway I love clever game mechanics and time altering stuff, awesome job devs!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is this waiting for the Summer of Arcade announcements or something? Release date seems a long time coming, and I guess this is a problem with partnering up with Microsoft and their insane mismanagement of XBLA in recent years.

Top Bottom