• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Akselziys said:
Yeah, according to the Japanese blurb at the bottom of the Famitsu article, it seems those screens are from the 3DS version XD
Another reason to import a 3DS

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Akselziys said:
Yeah, according to the Japanese blurb at the bottom of the Famitsu article, it seems those screens are from the 3DS version XD
They do look like 3DS shots anyways! I wonder when we can get a shot of the Vita version to compare.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sees the 9 on the door.

How is this not related to 999?

Art looks nice. Surprised by the 3D engine. Will probably get the Vita version, but I'd like to see the difference between the two versions, two screens with the small one being the touch screen, or one big touch screen.

Hylian7

Trojita said:
Sees the 9 on the door.

How is this not related to 999?

Art looks nice. Surprised by the 3D engine. Will probably get the Vita version, but I'd like to see the difference between the two versions, two screens with the small one being the touch screen, or one big touch screen.
It is.

PK Gaming

Man i'm trying to fine way to make my post worthwhile but I can't...

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure
its just too much for me to handle lol.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Instro said:
Get both!

Maybe you need both to solve the mystery!

Haha just kidding XD

Also, interesting to note that
the woman who mysteriously looks like June is wearing purple XD And her code name Murasaki = Purple XD

Coincidence? :3

GSR

A thought occurs: given the description of the game as "a game of betrayal", what if the bracelets aren't linked to a bomb in the person wearing them, but rather to a bomb in a different person? If one were to fail the RED/DEAD test (or whatever its equivalent would be), they would be killing one player and guaranteeing another's safety.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
GSR said:
A thought occurs: given the description of the game as "a game of betrayal", what if the bracelets aren't linked to a bomb in the person wearing them, but rather to a bomb in a different person? If one were to fail the RED/DEAD test (or whatever its equivalent would be), they would be killing one player and guaranteeing another's safety.

Mind = Blown XD

Would make for quite an interesting dynamic lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GSR said:
I really hope they explore the idea of good people betraying each other in extreme circumstances.

GSR said:

Kind of like the manga Doubt and Judge. I wouldn't be surprised.

GSR said:
What, so even MORE like Saw? No thanks.

GSR

shadyspace said:
What, so even MORE like Saw? No thanks.

Is that how it works in the Saw movies? Never seen them. Anyways, it's just a thought, and even if it's somehow on the money, I'm sure they'd pull it off well.

I didn't love 999, but it was a damn fine game with some slick-as-hell game design, which makes me highly interested in this.

Salih said:
wrist watch with a 9 on it?!
DUN DUN DUN

Don't get too attached to her, guys.
D:

survivor

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Why is Yoko from gurren lagann one of the characters? :lol

Loved 999 though looking forward to this :D
high five

I swear I thought I was the only one that thought Yoko first then Clover when I saw screenshot.

MechaX

wrowa said:
Oh damn, I just remembered again that the 3DS is region-locked. Sigh :(

Pretty much how my "OMG 999 SEQUEL" hype train went.

Arksys localization or hopefully Sony won't have their heads up their asses when it comes to making region free portables.

Sky Chief

GSR said:

That is a cool idea but then how does that not start a chain reaction that kills everyone?

dvolovets

Akselziys said:
Looks really good, if so. Incredibly excited for this...

Kaizer

Banned
So stoked for this, 999 was very slick & well-done, if not a little iffy in some parts. Will be getting the Vita version.

Dang, that lady with the black hair needs to put a top on! And I thought I was forgetful.

I know it's the same character artist, but it was really surprising seeing all of the group shot like that. Looks so much like 999 already!

You guys complaining about region locking, do you know japanese? Or would you actually get a visual NOVEL in a language you don't understand?

Endesu

Wonderful, I enjoyed what I played of 999 and would love to see more... I hope the soundtrack in this game is just as great!

I should probably get around to snagging the three remaining endings at some point...

Sky Chief said:
That is a cool idea but then how does that not start a chain reaction that kills everyone?

Maybe the bomb that person will be linked to will be deactivated, giving even more reasons for betrayal. Then when a character dies, everyone will suspect the one who was connected to their bomb (if that info is made public).

Frost_Ace

Zoramon089 said:
You guys complaining about region locking, do you know japanese? Or would you actually get a visual NOVEL in a language you don't understand?
?

We europeans usually import from the US dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom