• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

The_Technomancer said:
999 sucked me pretty hard for three nights in a row, if you know what I mean

I mean I found its story very involving
I stayed up till 5AM playing for about 3 nights non-stop when I started 999.
Truth101 said:
I guess I should play 999 then.....
Smite the unconverted!

Truth101 said:
I guess I should play 999 then.....
Yes, you should.

You should also flee this topic so you don't get spoiled on anything, because this is one game you definitely want to experience fresh.

Jintor

I remember finishing 999 for the final time

my fucking intake of breath when the screens reverse. I FLIPPED MY SHIT. So good.

I love it when a game/story surprises me

survivor

Banned
Jintor said:
I remember finishing 999 for the final time

my fucking intake of breath when the screens reverse. I FLIPPED MY SHIT. So good.

I love it when a game/story surprises me
Probably one of the greatest moments of gaming I had experienced for the past couple of years. The way they implemented it, the timing, the execution, it all adds up, makes sense and is just awesome.

Hopefully it'll look like a game that has a chance of localization. 999 did well, so hopefully there aren't elements that will give a second thought to it coming stateside.

Mockingbird said:
Hopefully it'll look like a game that has a chance of localization. 999 did well, so hopefully there aren't elements that will give a second thought to it coming stateside.
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't 999 do better in North America than it did in Japan?

Jintor

I'm so glad I'm powerful enough to avoid spoiling myself on things these days. Almost everything in that game I worked out myself, and consequentially playing it through was just so much sweeter.

Tagg9

Gunloc said:
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't 999 do better in North America than it did in Japan?
There was nothing official, but based on the amount of time that 999 was out of stock here, it's certainly plausible.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Black Republican said:
Naughty no no

Might want to refrain from asking that so you don't get banned XD;

The_Technomancer said:
Hey Akselziys, I don't suppose you can give the rabid fans any general estimates of how well 999 preformed? Anything at all? :3

On a scale from:

-_-

'_'

:)

:D

It's a :D

Belisarius

Neo Member
AniHawk said:
hey if this pushes the alternate dimensions thing, then maybe my vita/3ds being two parts of a whole story isn't too far off.
GENIUS. I hope it's this.

Maybe these are their kids?
Santa and Clover
produce Girl-Santa and Yoko-Clover,
Junpei and Akane
produce Speed Racer and Hermione-June. Old dude with bolero tie is just Old Snake (lol). He came back from an even farther future to warn them!

"Wait a minute, Snake. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What do we become assholes or something?"

"No, no, no, no, no, Junpei, both you and
Akane
turn out fine. It's your kids, Junpei, something has got to be done about your kids!"

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Belisarius said:
GENIUS. I hope it's this.

Maybe these are their kids?
Santa and Clover
produce Girl-Santa and Yoko-Clover,
Junpei and Akane
produce Speed Racer and Hermione-June. Old dude with bolero tie is just Old Snake (lol). He came back from an even farther future to warn them!
Haha, I said this to Kagari right after I saw her.

Hylian7

Oh my, I just read the edit reason in Tricky's post. Kind of doubt he's From The Dust though, I don't remember FTD in the 999 threads.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Even after a few hours of sleep I'm still on massive hype levels of excitement. God I can't wait for this game to come out
stateside.

Midou

Diprosalic said:

i hope it's just as good. what's the track record of these guys? i have only played (and fell in love with) 999.

The writer did Ever17 before it, the stories have some parallel's but some aspects of Ever17 were the world's most major mindfuck. Like, if you looked it up, it woulden't make much sense, but the game breaks the 4th wall in such a way that I had to stop playing and consider what just happened.

So yeah, the writer guy is pretty good, Ever17 came out officially in english, would be cool to see it get a Vita + 3DS port, it got a 360 port in Japan but they ruined it.

I'm really looking forward to a 999 successor because of Ever17 and 999.

Hylian7

I just realized something: I think I know why the rabbit is there.

Remember Akane's rabbit hutch story in the first game?

LiK

Hylian7 said:
I just realized something: I think I know why the rabbit is there.

Remember Akane's rabbit hutch story in the first game?
Totally. But it's so bizarre.

Javier

If Ever17 gets a 3DS port it will be the best thing ever. It's even fitting if you consider
3D actually being a plot point

EDIT: @Jintor: Ever17 was only localized on PC.

LiK

Jintor said:
What platforms is Ever17 out on in English? [Or maybe I should take the opportunity to learn more Japanese]

It was released for PC in English but that company is long dead so the game is OOP. Used copies are uber expensive.

Midou

Frost_Ace said:
Is the PSV region-free? Because it might be the only console us europeans could play this game :(

It is region free.

And yeah, Ever17 is only localized on PC, some rare fairly priced copies show up in random stores sometimes, but thats about the only way to find it realistically...

Would be nice if it just got a steam port or something.

Cute, but I want a 999 direct sequel for the 3DS.

a cartoon penis ejaculating everywhere
2jdpffo.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
LiK said:
It was released for PC in English but that company is long dead so the game is OOP. Used copies are uber expensive.

Not to mention the localization is horrid. Not even 1/10 of the treatment 999 got from Aksys!

Still worth playing if you can find cheap though. Which is admittedly hard to do.

Midou

RurouniZel said:
Not to mention the localization is horrid. Not even 1/10 of the treatment 999 got from Aksys!

Still worth playing if you can find cheap though. Which is admittedly hard to do.

Didn't find anything horrid about the localization, other than what is commonly expected.

Its true 999 got a better localization for sure, but Ever17 is very much worth playing. I found the plot much better in Ever17 as well, along with the 2 paths and the crazy ending. 999 felt more like it was targeted at people who had not played Ever17 since it shared a lot of similarities in the situation they were in.

matmanx1

Akselziys said:
Might want to refrain from asking that so you don't get banned XD;

On a scale from:

-_-

'_'

Fantastic. That makes me really happy for you guys and for us fans who got to experience such an amazing game. I hope it works out that the sequel can come over to the States as well!

GSR

Akselziys said:
On a scale from:

-_-

'_'

Glad to hear that. A lot of adventure games/VNs don't really do well enough in the states as they should - especially in the eyes of larger companies (coughhackAceAttorneyInvestigationshackcoughwheeze).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom