• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
TheLastCandle said:
I don't know how I managed to never hear of 999 until now. Gonna have to snag a copy when I get the chance. Sounds like my kind of game.

It's the Amazon deal of the day!

Spiegel

jctds.jpg

zbVQf.jpg

O0Ikm.jpg
Y8Wk4.jpg

VDxIU.jpg
Gd2gk.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201108/25048970.html

survivor

Banned
This is not what I expected. I thought we would get the game in the same style but higher resolution. Not exactly bad, but I prefer the original style.

Hylian7

I'm starting to think the offspring theory is more likely now. That screenshot makes the pink-haired girl look a little less like Clover.
I wonder if the Lotus/Allice-looking girl is related to one of them.

Korigama

Hylian7 said:
I'm starting to think the offspring theory is more likely now. That screenshot makes the pink-haired girl look a little less like Clover. I wonder if the Lotus/Allice-looking girl is related to one of them.

The pose the Clover lookalike is taking was one of her mannerisms as well, though. The hairband does indeed have the same pattern as the earmuffs Clover wore, not to mention the same two-tone pink color for the hair (their eye color is also the same). From here, it looks like she has a combination of freckles and face decals as Clover did as well (granted, they were white dots for the decals in Clover's case).

Right now, I find myself more interested in just how this relates to 999 than anything else (I find it much too hard to believe there is no connection/that they aren't trying to say something with so many deliberate similarities).

Riposte

So a 999 sequel?

Also hahaha, the art design is getting more and more wacky. Already clashed with the somber tone of the first one. It is on a whole new level this time around.

EDIT: hahaha, the most normal dude is practically wearing one of those NASCAR outfits in t-shirt form, expect with signs like "anarchy".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SHIIIIIIIT

That looks so awesome. I'm insanely excited for this. Great character design, too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The guy dressed like a mechanic is the game's main character, Sigma. Sigma is an ordinary college student who will frequently make sexual comments, annoying girls.

The girl in the center of the character art is Phi. She's cool and intelligent, but will sometimes say stupid jokes. She says she's a C cup when she's actually an A cup.

The story begins when Sigma is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator next to Phi. While Sigma doesn't know Phi, she seems to know him, even calling his name out. A bunny appears on the elevator monitor, causing them to flee the elevator (I'm not sure what the bunny says to make them flee, although if I saw a talking bunny on an elevator monitor I'd flee too). They find themselves in a warehouse alongside seven others. They will have to escape from this facility.

Chunsoft refers to Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes as a "game of betrayal." What that means is unclear at present, as only a few gameplay details have been announced. The game will have visual novel parts and escape parts. The escape parts involve exploring rooms and solving puzzles.

Development on Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes is currently at 50%. Famitsu lists the release time frame as TBA.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/25/gyokugen_dasshutsu_detailed/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Spiegel said:

NEED SO BADLY HNNNNNNNNGH!

It would have been nice to have 2D HD animated sprites, but it seems "next gen" visual novels in Japan are hopping on the trend of 3D modeling XD;

Still looks cool regardless :D I like that it seems they have some sort of communication device *looks at the pics of the two teammates on either side of the Clover looking girl in her pic*

And that new piece of key art is very HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH worthy <3

Also, Sigma looks super manly for a college student, but maybe I just find it odd when compared to Junpei XD

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sigma is an uncharacteristically manly character in today's Japanese gaming climate. I approve.

survivor

Banned
Sigma is already badass now. I hope Phi and the big boobs girl have a lot of interactions with each other. Also for some reason the bunny scenario reminded of Donnie Darko.

thetrin

Akselziys said:
So, so manly that I had to change my avatar again XD
Shit, I was going to use that one!

Riposte said:
You know he is manly because he has a picture of a grenade on his shirt.
Also, he looooooves Anarchy.

Boney

Banned
Sucks it's 3d but it still looks great.

I should probably ask my bro to track 999 while he's up at the states.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mpl90 said:
Very interesting. I'll be very curious to see if they can make something else based on the same concept that lives up to what 999 did, since
999 really kind of subverted the "trapped in a game of death" concept in creative ways

I do hope it isn't just the Nonary game set in the same universe, since I'm not sure how they can match the first game for intrigue when players already know so much about it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will buy if localized on Vita.

LiK

I'm just noticing the rabbit is wearing an ancient Chinese Emperor crown and have some Chinese motifs...hmmmm

thetrin

Honestly, after finding out the game is 3D, I'll probably get the game for Vita. It'll probably end up having better AA and such. Though, playing it in 3D would be very tempting too...

Uh oh...I might have to double dip!

Tagg9

I'm just telling myself to breath, breath.

The 3D engine looks killer! I personally prefer this look over the 2D artwork, but I'm most assuredly in the minority.

LiK

wait a min, also noticing that the tanned girl is wearing NOTHING under that gold necklace? that's wild...lol (incoming fanart)

survivor

Banned
LiK said:
wait a min, also noticing that the tanned girl is wearing NOTHING under that gold necklace? that's wild...lol (incoming fanart)
Son, you have amazingly good eyes.

"runs off to pixiv"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom