999 ports to other platforms being worked on

Sep 10, 2013
Sitting at Uchikoshi's panel at AX and he just announced officially that "the team back home is working on porting 999." VLR not mentioned. Footage shown was of 999 with Japanese audio and swapped dialogue making jokes about Uchikoshi and the audience.

Details to come "later."

Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully not based on the mobile version that cuts out the escape rooms.
Agreed.

In related news, I'm honestly impressed with the PC port of Zero Time Dilemma. It runs well and it supports all types of resolutions and control types. It has me very hopeful for quality ports of 999 and VLR.

Apr 27, 2011
Greece
Finally! I never played VLR despite having it ready on my vita holing that at some point I would play the first game.
What took them so long?

Jan 5, 2012
twitter.com
Good. I feel they made a large error by not having a full "Zero Escape Saga" available for the release of ZLR. Just get all three games on 3DS (at the very least) - and maybe add the timeline feature of the later games into 999 (instead of the constant need to fast-forward). Good Steam/Vita versions would also be great, but doing 999 without the dual screens seems like a misstep.

Mar 25, 2009
Finally! I never played VLR despite having it ready on my vita holing that at some point I would play the first game.
What took them so long?
I would imagine a certain part of 999 relying on the DS hardware.

999 spoilers:
If this version is one screen, I'm curious how they will handle that. Surely they will keep the puzzles, otherwise it really isn't much of a game at all.

Apr 25, 2011
Gimme dat Vita version if we're port begging. Oh and PC guys, I bet they're just doing stuff one at a time, I'm sure VLR will go over to PC after 999 releases.

Mar 25, 2009
I wonder if they'll toss in a 3DS version, too. Less of a need on that system, obviously, but I don't see why you wouldn't if the audience is willing.
Would be cool, but hard to really see a point in it when the DS version is out there in fine. The only real benefit is the resolution. The 3D effect in a 2D game like that really won't do much of anything for it.

Feb 7, 2005
Would be cool, but hard to really see a point in it when the DS version is out there in fine. The only real benefit is the resolution. The 3D effect in a 2D game like that really won't do much of anything for it.
With DS card production being halted, there's going to be only so many copies now. Even if it winds up an eShop release, I think there's enough call for it to exist.

Aug 12, 2013
Count me in on Vita. Having it and VLR on PC will be great to keep the games playable and accessible for even more people so that's good too.

I'm not so sure about voice acting, I hope if they add it they also keep an option for the classic "beeps" the text made for each character, keeping the unique "beeps" of different tones for each person the same as on DS. I think that the DS will probably still be the best version, but I can't wait to have it on HD on Vita. I hope they have HD backgrounds, sprite and HD art options for the characters and animations, and ZTD level models for all of the 3D items.