• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 ports to other platforms being worked on

Sitting at Uchikoshi's panel at AX and he just announced officially that "the team back home is working on porting 999." VLR not mentioned. Footage shown was of 999 with Japanese audio and swapped dialogue making jokes about Uchikoshi and the audience.

Details to come "later."

Andrefpvs

I was planning on doing a True Ending replay to refresh my memory for ZTD, but if this comes out soon, I might just wait for it.

epmode

Hopefully not based on the mobile version that cuts out the escape rooms.

Agreed.

In related news, I'm honestly impressed with the PC port of Zero Time Dilemma. It runs well and it supports all types of resolutions and control types. It has me very hopeful for quality ports of 999 and VLR.

KiteGr

Finally! I never played VLR despite having it ready on my vita holing that at some point I would play the first game.
What took them so long?

SxP

Nice, now I can have the entire trilogy on Vita. And it'll give me an excuse to replay 999.

Good. I feel they made a large error by not having a full "Zero Escape Saga" available for the release of ZLR. Just get all three games on 3DS (at the very least) - and maybe add the timeline feature of the later games into 999 (instead of the constant need to fast-forward). Good Steam/Vita versions would also be great, but doing 999 without the dual screens seems like a misstep.

Andrefpvs

Hopefully not based on the mobile version that cuts out the escape rooms.

a9d82372ba.jpg

Context: He was talking about the port.

Gintoki

I was going to get my brother's 999 and VLR carts and play them before ZTD releases, then I decided I'll just wait for this release

Syntsui

Good, can't wait to buy it on steam. VLR has to obviously come after, it's pointless to not have the entire series ported.

Hylian7

Finally! I never played VLR despite having it ready on my vita holing that at some point I would play the first game.
What took them so long?

I would imagine a certain part of 999 relying on the DS hardware.

999 spoilers:
If this version is one screen, I'm curious how they will handle that. Surely they will keep the puzzles, otherwise it really isn't much of a game at all.

Hylian7

Only the first game? What about the second one VLR.

I'm sure it will come down the line. Would not surprise me if the didn't. I don't think they would put the first and third game on Steam, and leave the second one off because reasons.

FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED
FASTER TEXT SPEED

If I say it enough times they'll have to add it.

Nice, now I can have the entire trilogy on Vita. And it'll give me an excuse to replay 999.

Same for me! :)

I may be in the unpopular opinion on this, but I hope they dub it as well, and get the voice actor for Junpei in ZTD back for him in 999, I actually really liked his voice acting.

Ridley327

I wonder if they'll toss in a 3DS version, too. Less of a need on that system, obviously, but I don't see why you wouldn't if the audience is willing.

RPGamer92

Banned
Gimme dat Vita version if we're port begging. Oh and PC guys, I bet they're just doing stuff one at a time, I'm sure VLR will go over to PC after 999 releases.

Hylian7

I wonder if they'll toss in a 3DS version, too. Less of a need on that system, obviously, but I don't see why you wouldn't if the audience is willing.

Would be cool, but hard to really see a point in it when the DS version is out there in fine. The only real benefit is the resolution. The 3D effect in a 2D game like that really won't do much of anything for it.

knkng

May as well. Voice acting + maintaining the dual screen nature of the game = take my money!

Vita would be a instant purchase. Want the whole trilogy on one hardware. Zero escape having any news is great after the rough years we had a while back.

Ridley327

Would be cool, but hard to really see a point in it when the DS version is out there in fine. The only real benefit is the resolution. The 3D effect in a 2D game like that really won't do much of anything for it.

With DS card production being halted, there's going to be only so many copies now. Even if it winds up an eShop release, I think there's enough call for it to exist.

Count me in on Vita. Having it and VLR on PC will be great to keep the games playable and accessible for even more people so that's good too.

I'm not so sure about voice acting, I hope if they add it they also keep an option for the classic "beeps" the text made for each character, keeping the unique "beeps" of different tones for each person the same as on DS. I think that the DS will probably still be the best version, but I can't wait to have it on HD on Vita. I hope they have HD backgrounds, sprite and HD art options for the characters and animations, and ZTD level models for all of the 3D items.

Nachos

Gideon Emery (Balthier from FF XII) for Snake or bust.
I don't even know if he's in a position to work with Aksys.

never played 999 or VLR due to not having handhelds, i'd buy both on release if they came to PC and then ZTD if I liked those ones

Top Bottom