• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A 5-Year-Old Just Beat Bloodborne: An Interview

K.N.W.

Seriously? I more than happy for his cognitive abilities, reflexes and self esteem, but an adult product doesn't just "contain scenes that might scare children", it is also tested specifically on a mature audience: framerate fluctuations and stutters aren't what doctors recommend for childrens' vision, digestion and assertivity development, and it's a game filled with blue, a color wich tends to increse tension and disturb sleep (I think I can see eyebags in the photo), and then tries to mitigate with a lot of red, but the succession of those colors might induce epilepsy. Also the combat many times tends to make you wait and not attack, meanwhile 5 years old usually smash toy hammers,running outside, kick balls or bump transformers into each other, thus hurting his assertivity again... even if that might be mitigated by the fact that he's already fighting and winning. Many children and teens that he will meet during his life will be at disadvantage due to the fact that he already grasped concepts as dodging and blocking to relate with other beings.
I think he will develop good and well anyway, dad should just bring him to a neurologist to check his sleep :pie_sleeping:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As a gamer dad to a 10y.o. and 8y.o. fair play to him, I ain't gonna tell any other dad how to raise his kids but for me, would I fuck let my children anywhere near a game like that, I'm sure at his age he doesn't get the games darker themes and just sees badguys he needs to beat and those games can be played like the old skool beat em ups so it's not all bad but I only got a year or two left before my kids leave the wonder of childhood behind and things like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus get relegated to childhood memories, I'm in no hurry to accelerate that process by introducing adult themed games to my kids

kyussman

My first reaction was...wow,that's pretty amazing...my second reaction was,hold on.....what's the age rating on that game,lol.

*Nightwing

See it’s pretty fucking easy if you don’t got a job and other real life worries... it’s not that I need to git gud damnit!!!

Seriously? I more than happy for his cognitive abilities, reflexes and self esteem, but an adult product doesn't just "contain scenes that might scare children", it is also tested specifically on a mature audience: framerate fluctuations and stutters aren't what doctors recommend for childrens' vision, digestion and assertivity development, and it's a game filled with blue, a color wich tends to increse tension and disturb sleep (I think I can see eyebags in the photo), and then tries to mitigate with a lot of red, but the succession of those colors might induce epilepsy. Also the combat many times tends to make you wait and not attack, meanwhile 5 years old usually smash toy hammers,running outside, kick balls or bump transformers into each other, thus hurting his assertivity again... even if that might be mitigated by the fact that he's already fighting and winning. Many children and teens that he will meet during his life will be at disadvantage due to the fact that he already grasped concepts as dodging and blocking to relate with other beings.
I think he will develop good and well anyway, dad should just bring him to a neurologist to check his sleep :pie_sleeping:
Lol is this a joke

Top Bottom