• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and his Blob rated (USK) for PSV/4/XB1/PC

RK128

Jan 6, 2014
twitter.com
Interesting, so the Vita is getting its first WayFoward game through A Boy and his Blob first before the Shantae series lands on it :D!

I heard great things about their take on the classic IP, so I hope it comes out soon and that the game feels right on the Vita, PS4, Xbox One and PC when it launches :).

Thank you for sharing this with us OP :D!

Edit: Made a mistake; they also made Book of Memories and an Adventure Time game on Vita. Sorry for the mistake everyone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jul 30, 2009
Western Australia
Great news. Blob is one of the few Wii games I have an interest in... although I just realised that, since I have a Wii U, I could have played the Wii version by now (the IR port on my Wii is buggered, but I still have a Motion+ controller).

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
Oh man, this is awesome. I've wanted to play this game since it came out, but never quite got around to it. I guess now I don't have any excuse.

Ridley327

Feb 7, 2005
No Wii U or 3DS? Ouch
As far as the Wii U is concerned, the game is already 100% playable on the system if you have a copy of the Wii game, which is hardly scarce. I understand the underlying sentiment, but it's not like the RE:R2 snub.

B4s5C

Jun 10, 2013
I always confuse this game and de Blob.

Maybe a PS+ game?

Side note: Since THQ went under, who owns de Blob IP?

Edit: Nordic Games does apparently

SuomiDude

Jan 23, 2006
Got the Wii version for 5€ and it's one of the best 5€ I've spent on a game. Nice, cute (though pretty dark at times as well) puzzle/platformers. Really recommend it (no matter the platform).

evilromero

Jun 15, 2004
This is great news. One of my all-time favorite games for the Wii. I actually just played it this last week so it's a pretty interesting coincidence this got announced out of the blue.

I would love if it came to Wii U as well since I'm assuming it's getting an HD update.

Very worth it. Don't hesitate.

randomlee26

May 6, 2015
Long Island
I hope it's a new game and I hope it's more like the original in tone. I much prefer "1980s adventure film story" to the sweet, cute stuff from Wii.

Yes, I do have a heart. I promise

SatoAilDarko

Mar 3, 2013
Absolutely wonderful game. Check it out. It's a superb puzzle-platformer with a lot of heart.

There's also a dedicated hug button.

Would love for a Wii U port as well.

Jun 10, 2014
What is the gameplay like btw? Beyond being incredibly cute.
It's a simple, charming platformer with puzzle elements essentially. You feed the blob different jelly beans that turn it into things you can use within the environment to get to where you need to be.

Cymbal Head

Banned
Nov 4, 2005
Assuming a port, if this has HD sprite art, it'll be hard to resist picking up. It's a nicely designed game and charming as all get out.

Qwark

Apr 22, 2014
Yes! I freaking loved A Boy And His Blob! It's an adorable puzzle platformer with a hug button. The main game is fairly simple, but the side puzzles can be very tricky. I wrote a blog post about it here.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Dec 9, 2012
Wow, somehow the Wii game totally went under my radar. I remember loving the NES game.

tirkaroKujo

Nov 16, 2012
How strange, I was just thinking about this game a few days ago.

I would have never have guessed beforehand such a lovely game would be spawned from a remake of a really bad NES obscurity. Time to wreck that hug button again.

khaaan

Sep 28, 2012
Wii U am cry :(

I'm happy to see it coming to the Vita though, will definitely grab it there.

What is the gameplay like btw? Beyond being incredibly cute.
Puzzle platformer where you feed the blob jelly beans (unlimited) which causes it to transform into things like a ladder or a heavy weight.

dadjumper

Jun 11, 2015
Japan
I mean, a re-release makes sense because graphics is what that game had. That said, I didn't enjoy playing it enough to get past the third or so level, so I don't think I'll be picking it up again.

Dog Problems

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
If it ended up being the Wii version I'd be so happy. One of my favorite games on that system. But a whole new game is nice, too.

Fasty

Jul 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Woah this is totally unexpected!! I searched for this EVERYWHERE in Australia when it was released and couldn't find it anywhere, leading me to believe it was never actually released here. The fact that it's coming to Vita is unbelievably exciting!