• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and his Blob [Wii] - 2D platformer by WayForword

Dragona Akehi said:
Why the FUCK haven't you submitted your goddamned portfolio to them? DO IT DO IT DO IT.

I can't think of anything more justified than you doing art for the next Shantae. (Rated AO for Adult Content.)

I'm out of shape artistically speaking; and Shantae is Matt Bozon's baby girl. I'll support them with my dollar.

I'd gladly be their janitor. :D

Man this is making me want a Wii along with Oboro. :(

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm out of shape artistically speaking; and Shantae is Matt Bozon's baby girl. I'll support them with my dollar.

I'd gladly be their janitor. :D

Man this is making me want a Wii along with Oboro. :(

Well we still don't know how Oboro will play (probably badly).

Seriously though, you are incredibly talented. I've seen enough of your work here and there (including noboobs4u Shantae). Get a portfolio together and start sending it out!

Teknoman

Seeing games like these make me wish Game Freak would revive Pulseman for the Wii.

EDIT:

Captain Smoker said:
I like this trend.

*Wario Land*
*A Boy and his Blob*
*Muramasa*
*Super Paper Mario*

More 2D awesomeness!

And dont forget Klonoa.

Looks like a Studio Ghibli game :D

Hole mechanic needs some serious work though. Visually it does not look like a hole. It looks like a shallow puddle of water that causes the sprites to slip down as opposed to falling through. Wait or is it a puddle of water?

Dragona Akehi said:
Well we still don't know how Oboro will play (probably badly).

It's already revealed and confirmed to play just like Odin Sphere but more indepth and action filled combat and battle system, so it should play full of awesome.

Dragona Akehi said:
Seriously though, you are incredibly talented. I've seen enough of your work here and there (including noboobs4u Shantae). Get a portfolio together and start sending it out!

Listen to her man submit submit!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Seeing games like these make me wish Game Freak would revive Pulseman for the Wii.

EDIT: And dont forget Klonoa.

You know Klonoa is getting a Wii remake, right...?

Taxman

Dragona Akehi said:
Flying_Phoenix said:
Listen to her man submit submit!
Now I'm all curious. You have a deviantart or something, The Take Out Bandit? (This has nothing to do with Wayforward, I just like good art.)

Log4Girlz

Ok where the fuck did this come from. Fucking gorgeous. This is what I imagined next-gen games would look like back in the SNES days (I was probably 11 or 12).

I also want to see TToB's art. But he has me on ignore for reasons he's never revealed to me, so if someone else gets the link from him can they share it with me? I have no hard feelings towards him and would love to see his art. :(

turk128

Captain Smoker said:
medium_3328805820_2a82565581_o.jpg
Whoa... this looks like a candyland version of Fantastic Planet animation.

zallaaa

HylianTom said:
For those who've missed 'em, there are two Videos at IGN:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14326534/a-boy-his-blob/videos/ABoyandHisBlobIGN_2.html

(the second one, entitled "Use that blob" is linked on the right)

I hope they don't change ithe game in a series of consecutive A-to-B rooms. The first one had a consistent and continuous world and it gave you the feeling of progressing through a adventure, In "Use that Blob" it seemed as if they opted for a reach-the-exit-door gameplay...

Game looks fantastic, except for things falling through holes .... that looked really strange.

Really looking forward to this though :D

CiSTM

Banned
Hooooly cow ! I just watched IGN teaser trailers and this game looks so goood. Is this WiiWare or a regular retail game ?

CiSTM

Banned
pakkit said:
http://i12.tinypic.com/4kf2nhk.gif[IMG]
Retail, as has been mentioned about 5 times in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry. I'm just so excited about this and didn't read thoroughly whole thread. But thanks.

Day 1 !

m3k

pakkit said:
4kf2nhk.gif

Retail, as has been mentioned about 5 times in this thread.

lol

wow this game looks nice, i hope 2d games become trendy on the wii

i also hope for lots of secrets

This looks so incredible that after one look at it said "I will support this 110%". That's an incredibly rare thing to say right now for me, considering the kind of material developers have been putting out.

I'm getting pangs of melancholy and nostalgia for a game I've never even played. That cityscape location and a couple other spots just gave me goosebumps and memories of childhood, even though I never even played the original.

Looking forward to this!

argon

Aside from the nostalgia factor, I don't see any reason to be interested in this game. The gameplay looks rather slow and boring, to be honest.

Hopefully it turns out great.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I just had a chance to see that video. It already looks way better than the original version. It's amazing how bad a game the original was and yet everyone has fond memories of it (myself included) because the concept is just that damn wacky. Maybe they can finally do it justice in this modern day.

<3 WayForward.

P.S. Make that another for a link to TToB's portfolio!

Taxman said:
Now I'm all curious. You have a deviantart or something, The Take Out Bandit? (This has nothing to do with Wayforward, I just like good art.)

Sheesh, what are you doing up so early? Also, why did I wake up this early and I still haven't gone to the DMV? Oh and yes, TTOB should definitely at least submit a resume. I don't even know if WF is currently hiring, but you could give it a shot.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Even if they're not, they will remember you if they're particularly impressed by your work.There is absolutely no harm in submitting it, so do it!

Awesome! Those videos totally jacked me up. The music takes me right back and the art is just beautiful. It really captures the imagination of the original. It's amazing to see WF go from Contra IV to this. It shows a lot of versatility.

Eteric Rice

evilromero said:
This year already crushes 2008 in terms of great Wii titles.

Agreed, now if only Nintendo could re-ignite software sales. :|

They need to do something on the Wii akin to what they did with Hotel Dusk and that Golf game. Get some good games that didn't light the sales floor on fire (but were good) back out there to try again.

evilromero said:
This year already crushes 2008 in terms of great Wii titles.

That isn't saying a lot since 2008 for the Wii was the worst single year for a game console in a long, long time. By next week, Wii in 2009 would have already eclipsed 2008 by a huge margin.

Davey Cakes

The only reason 2007 was better than 2008 was because of Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Otherwise, people act like No More Heroes, Smash, Kart, Boom Blox, Wario Land, de Blob, and the bevy of quality WiiWare titles don't exist. What the heck?

Ranger X

Rash said:
The only reason 2007 was better than 2008 was because of Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. Otherwise, people act like No More Heroes, Smash, Kart, Boom Blox, Wario Land, de Blob, and the bevy of quality WiiWare titles don't exist. What the heck?

The Wii doesn't have gamers games. Didn't you hear? The PS3 and the PSP also have no games.
In fact, only the 360 is worth something.

A tad OT, but GameFly is listing Majesco as the publisher of a game for the sequel to Night at the Museum. It comes out on May 7th.

It's on the Wii, DS, AND the 360. So this will be Majesco's second 360 game after Kengo.

Funny that I ust watched the original a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard of the sequel until now! :lol

Not to mention that Majesco is developing and publishing a game called Escape the Museum for Wii. :lol

stuminus3

Banned
Dare I ask... what about widescreen?

I get the trouble 480p causes because you've got to take into account that the game will change depending on whether you're 4:3 or 16:9 due to triggers (not a problem in 3D games)... would just be nice to know how it's going to be handled. Not at all? With tasteful borders like Wario? With blackness like Mega Man 9?

stuminus3 said:

I get the trouble 480p causes because you've got to take into account that the game will change depending on whether you're 4:3 or 16:9 due to triggers (not a problem in 3D games)... would just be nice to know how it's going to be handled. Not at all? With tasteful borders like Wario? With blackness like Mega Man 9?

We've already seen screen shots in both 4:3 and 16:9 format, read the thread.

adg1034

stuminus3 said:

It was confirmed in the IGN interview. 16:9 and 480p. I believe WayForward's response was "Of course."

stuminus3

Banned
Shin Johnpv said:
We've already seen screen shots in both 4:3 and 16:9 format, read the thread.
Yeah, I saw that, but I don't usually take screenshots as any kind of indication of this sort of thing.

Of course if I'd actually read the IGN interview and not just watched the videos... :lol

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom