• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and his Blob [Wii] - 2D platformer by WayForword

Azure J

wsippel said:
The guys at WayForward seem to be pretty productive these days:

i1l7c3.jpg

The Luigi to Shantae's Mario perhaps? :lol

WayForward, I'm listening. Tell me more. :D

CTLance

Meh. Sharp feet (and no knees).

Alternative version: Foot binding is a crime! Don't support crippled feet!

Other than that, acceptable. Not much info to go on, but I'm thinking ... adventure/RPG-ish genre mix stuff, sort of like Lockes Quest or something. It's good to know that they have more in the pipeline, that's the most important part I guess.

Enk

makes good threads.
sp0rsk said:
The music is pretty bad though.
Reminds me of a Roger Corman movie.

I thought the redone theme sounded pretty good, especially considering how repetitive the original theme got. Also really liked the whimsicalness of the the 2nd video's theme. Plus when it comes to Roger Corman films one of the best things about his are how bombastic and overdone the scores were. It was like he was saying "take a look at this fucking epic piece of shit'.

Azure J

Cow Mengde said:
Surround Taxman and pummel him until he talks.

The only question I care about is whether or not it's a platformer. After that crucial question is answered, I'll leave him be, but until then...

*brandishes pitchfork*

AniHawk said:
SHANTAE WII CONFIRMED
Well, they already said it's in devilopment . . .
MATT: We do have a Shantae WiiWare game in development, but I’m keeping the details somewhat hushed. I want to be sure this one’s for real before making an official announcement, as a courtesy to longtime fans

Azure J

Flying_Phoenix said:
Alta is to Shantae as Nero is to Dante?

I said this already in not so many words, but for now, it would seem that Alta is her own character in her own self-contained world/scenario.

You know what would be another cool Wii retail 2D revival?

A sequel or a kind of remake of Hudson's DoReMi Fantasy which is on the VC!

It looks really fun, I'd buy that instantly, if it was actually translated into English, sadly it was left untouched. :p

But it's supposed to be a very good 2D platformer. The look has a very Nintendo-look to it, you'd swear it was made by Nintendo it's so similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T13NBQM-x8Y

Anyway, WayForward should organize a revival so that Hudson provides supervision, guidence, and the assets of the original, and WF does the main work on the game, in abahb-style 2D, and for retail of course. :)

That'd be awesome, you guys should really consider the idea!

Enk

makes good threads.
Looks quite charming. Strange that I find myself more hyped for this revival than the ones of Bonk and Rocket Knight.

Uh, in case you are not aware, the game comes out, like, tomorrow.

And there's no official thread nor any hype behind its release.

Dear God, GAF. D:

Shiggy

WayForward has an unannounced horror game for DSiWare in development, I wonder what that will be.

Why did Majesco never release the DS version made by Skyworks?

upandaway

TheUnknownForce said:

Dear God, GAF. D:
It's not next week?

zigg

TheUnknownForce said:

The last press release I got said it was anticipated to be released 13th—next week. In any event, I promise to write about it when I get my copy, if that helps. :D Been particularly looking forward to it since the Nintendo Power review—it was very positive.

We got some early concept art that hasn't been posted here a couple weeks back, if anyone would like to see it:

http://www.n-sider.com/gameview.php?gameid=6487&view=art

Tiktaalik

TheUnknownForce said:

Dear God, GAF. D:

I heard it got delayed until the 13th?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Huh, why was this thread bumped instead of the more recent one I made? :lol Juniors. :\

Oh well, since we're a week away from release hopefully someone makes an official thread soon.

Top Bottom