• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and his Blob [Wii] - 2D platformer by WayForword

Remember the old NES - game?

Nintendo Power announced this in their April preview (it's retail):

- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.
Artwork:

Blurry preview. ^^

*click me*

source:
www.nintendopower.com

botticus

Just saw that when I went to look at Excitebots. I always wanted to play the NES game, never got around to renting it.

Sounds great, but I just hope Majesco isn't the publisher, considering the fate of their two attempts at reviving the series.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I recently got a job at a developer and they have a team making a Wii game coming out in 2009 that I think looks great. They test the game where I can watch it and it's very hard for me to get stuff done when that happens because I just want to watch them play it. Unfortunately it hasn't been announced yet so I can't give you any details right now but it should (hopefully) be announced soon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14901747&postcount=349

Can`t wait for it.

Taxman

Just judging by what I've seen and the excitement the team has about this game, I think people are going to really like it. I never played the old game so I can't say if it feels like the original, but it sure does look like fun.
Eteric Rice said:
So will this be retail, or WiiWare?
retail

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
wooo

Pretty sure the original was not a good game at all but I have nostalgia hype for this nonetheless.

Taxman said:
Just judging by what I've seen and the excitement the team has about this game, I think people are going to really like it. I never played the old game so I can't say if it feels like the original, but it sure does look like fun.

retail
You work at WayForward? Nice, what do you do? I worked there for a couple of summers, so I know a ton of the people there. =)

JaseMath

Eteric Rice said:
STAR TROPICS NEXT!

PLEASE OMG.

Fuck yeah! I always thought Star Tropics would be awesome as a Nintendo-y, light-hearted answer to third-person games like Uncharted and Gears. But hey, that's just me.

Taxman

RocketDarkness said:
You work at WayForward? Nice, what do you do? I worked there for a couple of summers, so I know a ton of the people there. =)
I'm a programmer. Everybody here is so awesomely nice. It's great.

Ixzion

JasonMCG said:
Fuck yeah! I always thought Star Tropics would be awesome as a Nintendo-y, light-hearted answer to third-person games like Uncharted and Gears. But hey, that's just me.

Quoted for MF truth!

Give us new Star Tropics!

Azure J

It does my heart good to hear more about this game now. I can't wait. It also warms my heart to see so many StarTropics fans & vets here. In regards to a new on though, as long as the main weapon is a psychically powered yo-yo again, everything else is will fall into place. Honest to God, the first thing I thought of when I first saw the Wii was how a StarTropics using the system and controller would be fucking ace. :lol

Taxman said:
I'm a programmer. Everybody here is so awesomely nice. It's great.
Awesome. Loso's one of my best buds, I'll have to swing by and meet you some time. I think I still have my security card from two years ago, eheheh...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Taxman said:

retail
Was this the game you mentioned the other day?

bard

WayForward is getting all the awesome projects lately. Glad that still happened after the whole Ping Pals fiasco...

Oh man, I love Way Forward. I think Matt Bozon was one of the first people I ever let look at my artwork, and he gave me incredibly helpful tips that really shaped the way I draw even to this day. IIRC he went to CalARTS, the school I've applied to this year. I hope they get a chance to finally make that Shantae sequel someday. <3 <3

HylianTom

Banned
Just posting to indicate my pleasure at this blobby announcement, as weird and difficult as the first game was.

And yes, love love love StarTropics. I'm imagining a modernization of its soundtrack.. magnificent..

Taxman

Teknoman said:
Psst...Contra V on consoles.

<_<

>_>
I'll get right on that once I beat Contra 4.
I can't even beat the first level. On easy.
Fantastical said:
Was this the game you mentioned the other day?
Indeed it was.
Cow Mengde said:
*bows to Taxman*
:D I was actually surprised that you were the only one to post skeptical comments. I expected a lot more doubt from people.

Taxman said:
:D I was actually surprised that you were the only one to post skeptical comments. I expected a lot more doubt from people.

I'm the skeptical guy, and I also like to keep my expectations low. The lowered the expectations, the bigger the surprise.

Needless to say, this is a VERY BIG surprise! :D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Awesome. Stylistically it already kicks the shit out of the original. I can't wait.

Damn, this and ExciteBots in one day, not a bad day really!

pakkit said:
WayForward? +1

Music to my ears, my friend. I'm glad to see people as excited about the project as I am. It was the first new project I heard about after starting here at WF, and it's one game about which I was very sad upon hearing of its previous cancellation. Now it's not only coming out, but my company is producing it. I can't really say anything about it, though... not due to NDA, but because I haven't even seen anything other than some humorous drawings in the break room.

Edit: Taxman is my roommate. So if you want to hear all about the latest rumblings on him, his future plans, and a list of his allergies, just let me know.

Top Bottom