• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Bulgarian retailer lists Bioshock HD Collection for 20 May 2016.

GrayChild

Of course, take this with a grain of salt.

https://www.pulsar.bg/bioshock-hd-collection-?search=bioshock

Apart from the date which may be changed, the page states the following:

- Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite are included (so no 1 and 2 only, as it was speculated at one point).
- All DLCs for 2 and Infinite will be bundled with the collection as well.
- Surprisingly, only the PS4 and X1 versions are listed with no word of a PC release.
- The cover art is obviously a placeholder, so the final art may differ from the one in Nibel's thread (possibly EU exclusive).

Mr. Patch

I'm really glad I ignored a bunch of last gen's AAA games at this point. I can get whole collections with improvements now.

Aklamarth

Mr. Patch said:
I'm really glad I ignored a bunch of last gen's AAA games at this point. I can get whole collections with improvements now.

What "improvements" ? dlc in the box is nice but hardly a big improvement.

El-Suave

Why? It's a remaster. It'd be barely a footnote at E3.

Yup, the Dishonored remaster was barely reported on last year, so it isn't worth waiting.
Don't know about May though, that month is crazy crowded and people should prefer to buy new games to remastered ones if they got the choice.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt.

https://www.pulsar.bg/bioshock-hd-collection-?search=bioshock

Apart from the date which may be changed, the page states the following:

- Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite are included (so no 1 and 2 only, as it was speculated at one point).
- All DLCs for 2 and Infinite will be bundled with the collection as well.
- Surprisingly, only the PS4 and X1 versions are listed with no word of a PC release.
- The cover art is obviously a placeholder, so the final art may differ from the one in Nibel's thread (possibly EU exclusive).

I'm from Bulgaria and today they contacted me to confirm the pre-order. I asked specifically the representitive and she confirmed that it's official from 2K, so it is pretty much confirmed!

Edit:
the price is around $50!

- Surprisingly, only the PS4 and X1 versions are listed with no word of a PC release

Depending how much work the do it's not surprising there isn't a PC version listed, I doubt they're going to surpass the PC version with Higher setting on the consoles versions and the games have been incredibly cheap (or sometimes even free) on PC.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why? It's a remaster. It'd be barely a footnote at E3.

I think we're more likely to get an actual BioShock game at E3 than a remaster.

It's been a long time and it's not entirely clear to me that Irrational's new title is still a new IP given the descriptions from their job postings.

And if it's not, well, presumably someone is making one given how much the last sold and that Take-Two keeps talking up the franchise.

It's been a long time and it's not entirely clear to me that Irrational's new title is still a new IP given the descriptions from their job postings.

And if it's not, well, presumably someone is making one given how much the last sold and that Take-Two keeps talking up the franchise.

Thats my feeling as well. Bioshock hasn't been tapped from the well after we got XCOM 2, Mafia 3 , Borderlands PS/HJ.

RiggyRob

Same day as Fire Emblem Fates? Interesting.

All DLC included is great, never played Minerva's Den or Burial at Sea.

Oh my god this is hilarious, it just keeps leaking, yet they refuse to say anything. This thing will be out by the time they say something

I've been keeping the hope alive, and the existence of this helps it also, but who, other than Irrational does 2K have to make this? They have shuttered a lot of their internal arms recently :/

Edit: also worth pointing out Irrationals logo is smack dab on the bottom of the leaked boxart

May 20th huh? You think there would be some kind of marketing by now. I've noticed often enough publishers don't really bring a lot of attention to their remasters and then they pop out of nowhere. Like the Sleeping Dogs remaster, Dishonored, Saints Row, Deadpool, Prototype and I was quite surprised with the random Shadow Complex remaster released the other day. You think maybe they would advertise it to get more profit out of it.

Vinc

Infinite is pretty taxing on PC right? I'm not worried about the other two games hitting 60fps, only Infinite.

I think it might actually be notoriously non-taxing. I vaguely remember looking at 200 fps benchmarks back in 2014.

GrayChild

Infinite is pretty taxing on PC right? I'm not worried about the other two games hitting 60fps, only Infinite.

It was not that demanding at all, pretty much as any late-gen UE3 powered title. Nothing that PS4/X1 can't handle provided they do a nice porting job.

Neiteio

Good stuff. I showed the first three hours of Infinite to a non-gamer friend, and have wanted to continue that play-through, but my gaming PC is currently out of commission.

A PS4 remaster will do nicely.

Top Bottom