• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A buncha Ouya games in development that won a contest for free Ouya dev kits

Kurod

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
The title "Legend of Dungeon" sounds like a popstation game.

Looks sorta interesting though.

Lijik

Sep 16, 2008
All the games out of those Im interested in are coming out on platforms Id much rather play them on than Ouya.
Still super cool that the devs got the devkits for free.

MormaPope

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Indie Console: The Console.

Though most indie developers will probably stick to PC and the HD triplets.

Dreamwriter

Aug 23, 2006
Legend of Dungeon is the one that most interests me - the 4-player co-op seems like it would be best sitting in front of a TV with 4 game controllers, and I love the realtime-lit pixel art style.

Kurod

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Legend of Dungeon is the one that most interests me - the 4-player co-op seems like it would be best sitting in front of a TV with 4 game controllers, and I love the realtime-lit pixel art style.
Looking at it more I could see myself getting really into it. But that title...

Azriell

Jan 12, 2011
Florida
As someone who is becoming bored of iPad gaming, these games look interesting (because I know there's a controller), but disinteresting because the of the assumed amount of depth, coupled with being tied to the tv. If only Ouya offered a Wii U-esque, tv free solution, I'd be much more interested in it.

XANDER CAGE

Mar 21, 2011
That Fist of Awesome screenshot is like an exercise in what not to do with cutesy retro graphics, good lord.

Aaron

Apr 12, 2006
www.the-nextlevel.com
As someone who is becoming bored of iPad gaming, these games look interesting (because I know there's a controller), but disinteresting because the of the assumed amount of depth, coupled with being tied to the tv. If only Ouya offered a Wii U-esque, tv free solution, I'd be much more interested in it.
Why not just buy a Wii U? Most of these games will probably show up in the wii shop.

Alextended

Banned
Jan 30, 2010
Thought I'd see something that makes the platform more interesting to me but all I see is ports of games I planned to get on other platforms already anyway if they end up decent (and a few more I don't care about).

Dreamwriter

Aug 23, 2006
Note that the contest winners were chosen in large part by how likely their projects were to be completed and released on the Ouya...so because of that there are a high number of games there that are already mostly done and coming to other platforms, where they just added an Ouya port. Not always bad, though, as some games like Legend of Dungeon are likely to play better on an Ouya than other platforms.

Onion_Relish

Jun 9, 2009
Lower Mainland, BC, Canada
Of all the games I've ever seen, these are certainly some of them.

Why are people excited for this console again? If you really want to play android games on your tv just use one of the wireless connectors and plug your phone into it like you can with the galaxy note 2.

Ninja Scooter

Jun 7, 2004
If it had a controller with a screen in it like he wanted it wouldn't be $99.
True. This thing interests me in a far different way than a console. It's not going to compete with the Wiis and Xboxes of the world. It is much more likely to be the videogame version of the Roku box (even those are starting to get video games). Im personally interested to see what kind of hacking gets done on it, namely emulators.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dec 17, 2004
These all look like shit and I backed the OUYA. Someone just port over SNES type games and Body Harvest from the N64.