• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A buncha Ouya games in development that won a contest for free Ouya dev kits

The first Ouya dev kits start shipping on Friday! To celebrate, here are a bunch of newly-announced games we'll eventually be seeing on the console, from developers that just won a contest to win some of these free early dev kits:

Fist of Awesome
6cf4e6ec064ae8b6cdd0692b1a59c135_large.png

Mechknight Chronicles

Syder Arcade

Kid Electro

Space Runner

Legend of Dungeon

iMech Online

Dusty Revenge spinoff

Holy Shield/Journey to Hell

Starbound

Cloudbase Prime

A Tofu Tail

Festival of Magic

image-145099-full.jpg

Lijik

All the games out of those Im interested in are coming out on platforms Id much rather play them on than Ouya.
Still super cool that the devs got the devkits for free.

Legend of Dungeon is the one that most interests me - the 4-player co-op seems like it would be best sitting in front of a TV with 4 game controllers, and I love the realtime-lit pixel art style.

Kurod

Banned
Legend of Dungeon is the one that most interests me - the 4-player co-op seems like it would be best sitting in front of a TV with 4 game controllers, and I love the realtime-lit pixel art style.

Looking at it more I could see myself getting really into it. But that title...

Azriell

As someone who is becoming bored of iPad gaming, these games look interesting (because I know there's a controller), but disinteresting because the of the assumed amount of depth, coupled with being tied to the tv. If only Ouya offered a Wii U-esque, tv free solution, I'd be much more interested in it.

Aaron

As someone who is becoming bored of iPad gaming, these games look interesting (because I know there's a controller), but disinteresting because the of the assumed amount of depth, coupled with being tied to the tv. If only Ouya offered a Wii U-esque, tv free solution, I'd be much more interested in it.
Why not just buy a Wii U? Most of these games will probably show up in the wii shop.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thought I'd see something that makes the platform more interesting to me but all I see is ports of games I planned to get on other platforms already anyway if they end up decent (and a few more I don't care about).

Note that the contest winners were chosen in large part by how likely their projects were to be completed and released on the Ouya...so because of that there are a high number of games there that are already mostly done and coming to other platforms, where they just added an Ouya port. Not always bad, though, as some games like Legend of Dungeon are likely to play better on an Ouya than other platforms.

Of all the games I've ever seen, these are certainly some of them.

Why are people excited for this console again? If you really want to play android games on your tv just use one of the wireless connectors and plug your phone into it like you can with the galaxy note 2.

If it had a controller with a screen in it like he wanted it wouldn't be $99.

True. This thing interests me in a far different way than a console. It's not going to compete with the Wiis and Xboxes of the world. It is much more likely to be the videogame version of the Roku box (even those are starting to get video games). Im personally interested to see what kind of hacking gets done on it, namely emulators.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
These all look like shit and I backed the OUYA. Someone just port over SNES type games and Body Harvest from the N64.

Top Bottom