• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Closer Look at How Xbox Series X|S Integrates Full AMD RDNA 2 Architecture

Allandor

So you're saying people from XboxGAF should be ban for saying PS5 is RDNA 1.5 or not a true RDNA 2?
No, people should be banned for posting pure bullshit over and over again. And sometimes that happens, but as the mods write regularly they are not the babysitters here.

Yes, some people are spreading FUD the whole time. You can always ignore comments like "wait for the date xyz than you will see". Those people just don't have any more knowledge they are just guessing and hoping, and sometimes they get it somehow right (like it is always if you spreading constant FUD, at some point you might actually spread something that really happens) but that is just luck, but they will always remind you that they were right once ;)

Back to the topic.
Sony has just a different way in the chip. They might not have every feature and if this is so, they have their reasons (so they think they didn't need it, they couldn't get it because of patents, ....). For all we know is, that MS might just have a spec nearer to the final RDNA2 chip. If that is good or bad, we just don't know and we can only guess.

What is really funny is, that there are now threads that Sony has VRS and Mesh shaders (under different names) but in the past few weeks/month, the same folks wanted to tell us how unimportant those features are.

martino

No, people should be banned for posting pure bullshit over and over again. And sometimes that happens, but as the mods write regularly they are not the babysitters here.

Yes, some people are spreading FUD the whole time. You can always ignore comments like "wait for the date xyz than you will see". Those people just don't have any more knowledge they are just guessing and hoping, and sometimes they get it somehow right (like it is always if you spreading constant FUD, at some point you might actually spread something that really happens) but that is just luck, but they will always remind you that they were right once ;)

Back to the topic.
Sony has just a different way in the chip. They might not have every feature and if this is so, they have their reasons (so they think they didn't need it, they couldn't get it because of patents, ....). For all we know is, that MS might just have a spec nearer to the final RDNA2 chip. If that is good or bad, we just don't know and we can only guess.

What is really funny is, that there are now threads that Sony has VRS and Mesh shaders (under different names) but in the past few weeks/month, the same folks wanted to tell us how unimportant those features are.
People thinking repeating something jumping to conclusion can transform somehow into fact cannot have good reasons to do so.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Back to the topic.

Yes, the BS that PS5 is RDNA 1.5 is still going on.

People are still saying that PS5 is not RDNA 2 when it has been confirmed over and over again.

PS5 using RDNA 3 features comes from the source that leaked AMD info months ago and it has now been confirmed by RedGamingTech. This info is coming from a reliable source and he's obviously not known from spreading "FUD".

There's a major difference between sharing information from a reliable source and completely making up BS. All you have to do is look at the beginning of this thread to see all the false/inaccurate information that was posted, which is really considered "FUD".

People are still saying that PS5 is not RDNA 2 when it has been confirmed over and over again.

PS5 using RDNA 3 features comes from the source that leaked AMD info months ago and it has now been confirmed by RedGamingTech. This info is coming from a reliable source and he's obviously not known from spreading "FUD".

There's a major difference between sharing information from a reliable source and completely making up BS. All you have to do is look at the beginning of this thread to see all the false/inaccurate information that was posted, which is really considered "FUD".

65705116.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Oh yeah, I remember when someone told me I was in denial when I told them PS5 has HW RT and the 4K advertisement on FarCry 4 was referring to merely logos on Xbox box art and it didn't prove PS4 wouldn't run the game at a Native 4K resolution.

I wonder how that turned out. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

sircaw

Banned

So if it turns out to be true that Sony just removed desktop features, how would this thread hold up?

And this is the truth, this is the whole essence of the tik tok bit, we are still waiting to see what sony had done with their parts they have removed.

Sony are not removing parts of the standard Rdna2 to make it worse, they are removing it to make it better.

So Kagey and concern can moan and cry all they want about it but the fact still remains. We are still waiting to see what sony has created, lucky we don't have to long to wait.

And the reason we stay out of these threads is that xbox people are trigger happy in reporting threads, i am sure as i post this, people will be hitting the report button etc.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Xbeard doubling down on the power of Series X full rDNA2. :messenger_bicep: :messenger_smiling:

He hasn't said anything other than what a lot of people were talking about in this thread. Those features are likely nothing more than PC features that Sony didn't want or need on their console.

If this is it, then XboxGAF celebrated over nothing.

MonarchJT

Banned

rdna3 ... Just pls guys ...pls lets them be full rdna2 before we start ))

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

And this is the truth, this is the whole essence of the tik tok bit, we are still waiting to see what sony had done with their parts they have removed.

Sony are not removing parts of the standard Rdna2 to make it worse, they are removing it to make it better.

So Kagey and concern can moan and cry all they want about it but the fact still remains. We are still waiting to see what sony has created, lucky we don't have to long to wait.

And the reason we stay out of these threads is that xbox people are trigger happy in reporting threads, i am sure as i post this, people will be hitting the report button etc.
Exactly

Md Ray

I have said this before.

It's not hard very to understand.

What RGT is saying is that PS5 has custom RDNA 2 with feature(s) that will get implemented into RDNA 3 in the future.

And this isn't something new.

PS4 Pro's GPU - which was based on Polaris had future AMD roadmap features like Rapid Packed Math: FP16, which then got incorporated into Vega architecture on PC, a year or so later, IIRC.

For the record, Polaris on PC (RX 480/580, 470/570) and Xbox One X didn't have RPM. It was unique to PS4 Pro.

PS4 GPU was based on GCN 1 but it was custom, i.e. it had 8 ACEs while the Xbox One and PC variant of GCN 1 GPUs had just 2 ACEs.

These 8 ACEs later got incorporated into GCN 2 GPUs on PC with R9 290/290X.

EDIT:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

XboxGAF always tries to shut down possible PS info with no information as possible.

He also reported Xbox Series X will also use some RDNA 3 features. I guess you're going to ignore that too, right?

I guess this doesn't mean PlayStation 4 Pro didn't use some features from later architecture since XboxGAF says these things aren't possible.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Matt hinting at certain "missing" features

What are we up to now? Sextupling down on comparing different things?

psst, someone needs to tell him the geometry was already dealt with long ago in the rendering pipeline

And next time you quote me, don't add extra words I never said.

p.s pretty funny that he is jumping on the 'bu bu but the GEAMS!!!!' narrative just like everyone else who realises no one is buying their secret sauce delusions.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Xbox is bullshting you but Sony is honest? 🧠. Hmm. We did this before. Remember after the SX 12Tf people posting bullshit rumors about PS5 being higher? Now they are shifting that to secret sauce 🥣

Jim Ryan bullshitted people when he explained why BC didn't go beyond PS4. We know it's bullshit because PS1 and PS2 would be very easy to emulate for Sony and they used it in the past on PS3/PS4 hardware. The rumors were always 10-12TF. They weren't taken as fact because many people wanted to see if it was actually true or not.

Microsoft? If you read their words carefully, then you'll know why PR stuff they're trying to say. If PS5 has the important features, then MS is just talking about things Sony doesn't need on their console, which in turn is PR BS.

Do you think True 4K console wasn't BS? Well, it was. It's nothing more than a GTX 1060 like GPU that is not anywhere close to a True 4K card.

The problem with XboxGAF is that they're going off very little knowledge and just excuse everything as BS because it has nothing to do with the Xbox Series X. Months ago, XboxGAF was laughing at the SSD speed and special I/O on the PS5, but when Microsoft started talking about velocity architecture, XboxGAF started praising Microsoft and were more interested in the fast SSD speed because they believe it would either beat the PS5 or come very close.

We know why you guys are easily excusing every single rumor when it comes to the PS5 and that's because you guys are acting like fanboys.

RedGamingTech has always said that PS5 and Xbox Series X will both feature some tech from RDNA 3, he never said PS5 alone. The only thing is that some believe PS5 has a more advanced feature compared to Xbox Series X, which has to do with the GE.

Lets face it. If this was an Xbox rumor, XboxGAF would be all over it and they wouldn't easily push it aside.

Last edited:
Bump!

Anyway, this thread just proves how MS well said to the world the FULL RDNA 2 support for XSX.

Mind you, someone still claiming that MS never mentioned FULL.

Last edited:
Sounds like we all time warped back to a year ago when MS and Sony didn't reveal specs yet.

The wild west of rumours.

I remember PS5 specs being guessed at 14 TF, RDNA 3 and 24 gb ram.

Do you remember that one guy (who is now perma'd for an unrelated reason) that would go on weird rants that these consoles should have 100 gigs of RAM or they are failures, and he was deadass serious? I forgot his name.

also

Someone tell @Hix to get his ass back in here

Last edited:
Top Bottom