• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

I thought the Knuckles alien was a goddamn joke... turns out... it was real? All of it?

SF0HHOZ.png

Who approves this shit?

That alien on the right belongs in any Sonic 2006 fanfic >.>

laxu

I thought the Knuckles alien was a goddamn joke... turns out... it was real? All of it?

SF0HHOZ.png

Who approves this shit?

Knuckles aside, even that model is absolutely horrible. It's like the MK/Injustice modelers got to do some side work for ME. I mean just look at those shoulders.

Royce McCutcheon

Who is the person who sees this, and then goes "Alright, let's make it Gold" who is the last line of defense before something like this is made permanent, I refuse to believe the people that made the ME trilogy let this put into the wild. No one is that ignorant of their product

StayDead

That screenshot with the messed up colours genuinly looks like a screencap from second life.

This game was made by a AAA development studio, or is meant to be. I wonder how big the budget was for this?

Ratrat

C6cLo3cVAAAOlGe.jpg

?

The photoshop doesn't even make sense with some of those ear things in the front and some in the back.
edit: You can clearly see the photoshop overlaying the original in the screencap and video. smh

Lime

That screenshot with the messed up colours genuinly looks like a screencap from second life.

This game was made by a AAA development studio, or is meant to be. I wonder how big the budget was for this?

It was in development for 5 years with hundreds of people involved, so pretty expensive I would say.

Pusherman

That looks awful! Had to take a still image to post. May be a bit blurry from being a still, but the lighting, the colors, what happened?!

8c8Pcei.png

Is it me or does every Asari that isn't Peebee have the same exact face? They all seem to use the same face as the doctor from the start. I think I've also seen a few of the presets in game as well. I'm pretty sure this:

is preset 1 from the character creator for example.

Slaythe

Is it me or does every Asari that isn't Peebee have the same exact face? They all seem to use the same face as the doctor from the start. I think I've also seen a few of the presets in game as well. I'm pretty sure this:

is preset 1 from the character creator for example.

Yes.

They used the shitty CC that doesn't even let you tweak details of the face to populate their game.

So every body ends up looking really similar.

In the leaked alpha, the NPC had a unique face with great animation that was mocapped.

The current state of the game feels like they quickly had to replace all the characters and animations, and used a shitty CC for that.

Depressing.

The ones that don't use the CC usually end up being bald crappy dudes with ps2 textures.

I've only watched a few hours, so the full game might be different, but I saw far too many of those to be acceptable in my book out of the little I've seen.

Alienous

Mass Effect Andromeda is actually the first game funded entirely by IOU notes and free cheese & tomato sandwiches.

It's actually quite the accomplishment.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
C6cLo3cVAAAOlGe.jpg

?

The photoshop doesn't even make sense with some of those ear things in the front and some in the back.
edit: You can clearly see the photoshop overlaying the original in the screencap and video. smh

What the hell, we gettin crab people? It kinda looks like Knuckles banged a Twi'lek

Edit: And what's up with the super low-res character textures and flat lighting everywhere? Game straight up looks unfinished and I feel bad for the devs, there can't be anyone who put hard work into this project happy about the state it's releasing in

First the horrible cut-scenes from horizon, now this. It seems that better gfx have some kind of cost in terms of quality. I'm hope that i'm wrong, but it seems so.

Lol, if Horizon animations are "horrible" then we need an entirely new word to describe what's happening in Andromeda. The two are not comparable in the slightest.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Lol, if Horizon animations are "horrible" then we need an entirely new word to describe what's happening in Andromeda. The two are not comparable in the slightest.

Not to mention Horizon also being on an entirely different level graphically. I say this as someone with zero interest in owning a PS4 lol

Harmen

https://youtu.be/FvR2E6GbXz4?t=2m22s

I was like 'uh-uh, the character seems decent, so what's wron... oh'

Haha, I also love how his right pupil clips trough his eyelids soon after he awakes. But yeah, something seems off for most Ryder's I have seen when they actually move in game.

OléGunner;232479794 said:
Does she say this in the game?
Cuz if she does goddamn is this image just so perfect lmao

I think it is from the romance scene with Sarah Ryder.

Why? Because they lied to us, Shane. Claimed they would fix the animation problems seen in the previews. Said they learned about sidequests from Dragon Age and other RPGs. They even touted some big names until we found out those people had left a year or more ago. Nothing was really fixed.

Now they have the option of either just asking the money and doing nothing, or at the very least try to make up for some of it like Hello Games has been doing with all the new content. Of course, I don't expect them to be able to fix the writing / characters but that's another matter entirely.

Peroroncino

Haha, I also love how his right pupil clips trough his eyelids soon after he awakes. But yeah, something seems off for most Ryder's I have seen when they actually move in game.

I almost spit out my lungs from laughing so hard, not sure why, I think it's because of his calm demeanor, saying his character has nice feature etc. and then you get the 'in-action' segment, lmao.

I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time in CC to make sure this doesn't happen to me, first sign of trouble in the 'awakening' scene and I'm back in CC, fuck that.

Lime

Not sure if people in this thread are interested in this, but I compared the EA Play trailer with the release. Things change in game development, yet it's still a huge difference in lighting.

DISCLAIMER: Things change during game development, marketing trailers are usually not representative of the final game, this comparison doesn't really mean anything:

cngsUt8
qn90eVQ

Why? Because they lied to us, Shane. Claimed they would fix the animation problems seen in the previews. Said they learned about sidequests from Dragon Age and other RPGs. They even touted some big names until we found out those people had left a year or more ago. Nothing was really fixed.

Now they have the option of either just asking the money and doing nothing, or at the very least try to make up for some of it like Hello Games has been doing with all the new content. Of course, I don't expect them to be able to fix the writing / characters but that's another matter entirely.

Reminds me of this:

9oywTj6.png

Bioware might as well be Bethesda North.

So Horizon just got a patch today which, among other things, lists minor animation fixes in the notes. Just thought that was pretty funny. I guess there's a faint glimmer of hope that this game can at least get some animation band aids through patches.

_Rob_

So Horizon just got a patch today which, among other things, lists minor animation fixes in the notes. Just thought that was pretty funny. I guess there's a faint glimmer of hope that this game can at least get some animation band aids through patches.

I cannot imagine them spending the time or money to either fully mocap everything that's broken, or paying people to properly keyframe the faces. At best they may fix things like disappearing characters, but ultimately they're beyond the point of no return.

Not sure if people in this thread are interested in this, but I compared the EA Play trailer with the release. Things change in game development, yet it's still a huge difference in lighting.

DISCLAIMER: Things change during game development, marketing trailers are usually not representative of the final game, this comparison doesn't really mean anything:

cngsUt8
qn90eVQ

That early footage looked so good, the atmosphere just clicked. I really hate they showed all of this when the game looked nothing like it.

cngsUt8
qn90eVQ

LSPZXI.gif

Lol, "guys, we need to appeal to middle America. I think they do construction? What's construction, anyway? Hmm... from google image it seems to involve like, being up high, and crawling under things...

Obviously this game needed another serious rewrite, but how does this garbage get written in the first place?

And what do Americans love? Apple pie.

Brilliant writing on Bioware's part.

UncleMeat

OléGunner;232479794 said:
Maaan took a break from this thread over the weekend and the hilarity has continued.
Well played Gaf.

Does she say this in the game?
Cuz if she does goddamn is this image just so perfect lmao

I know it's actually too perfect. I mean what are the odds? Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom