• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree this looks good. Just not the kind of expression you'd suddenly have while casually sitting down.

But it would be a decent expression of pain I guess.

It just looks so stilted. Like, you can clearly see where one sequence of animation stops and the next one begins. And every part of her face was animated without regard for what is happening with the other parts of her face. It doesn't look natural. I can practically see the animator's cursor hovering over it.

all the human npcs you can talk to look like create a characters after horizon

Yeah, it's not doing this game any favors that I can't help but compare it to the stunningly gorgeous one I'm currently playing. Horizon's got it's share of jank, to be sure, but even at its worst it shits all over the stuff in this thread.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, that sounded okay to you? It sounds like they typed in the script to some free text-to-speech software. It is just emotionless and has weird pauses like that. But then I have seen other scenes that sound normal.

YOUR GODAMN FATHER....
sorry, my face is tired

Serious question, is that supposed to be a human?

I can't wait to see the CrowbCat video

I can only imagine him right now.
post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

Yeah, I agree this looks good. Just not the kind of expression you'd suddenly have while casually sitting down.

But it would be a decent expression of pain I guess.

The facial expression definitely commands some sort of other body movement as well, arms flailing or something, that's why it looks ridiculous on it's own.

Unless she's partaking in a bed time activity.

It just looks so stilted. Like, you can clearly see where one sequence of animation stops and the next one begins. And every part of her face was animated without regard for what is happening with the other parts of her face. It doesn't look natural. I can practically see the animator's cursor hovering over it.

I think maybe my standards must have been 'janked' from all the other abominable animations we've seen lol

HeelPower

Yeah, I think 'jank' generally refers to the jerkiness of animation, not quality of writing no?

When I see Jank,it usualyl refers to being unpolished or done in an odd/unsual fashion ,but still overall competent.

But that dialogue scene seems super,super rough to me.

Still, the game could be good.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Good lord I laughed at some of these gifs.

And posting an Uncharted gif in here is just extra cruel

niKU6h8.gif

Fuck, sorry, I didn't mean to post a SunhiLegend gif from Horizon: Zero Dawn available now for the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Zocano

This one is fine, there's nothing really bad about it. Just like some have said, plastic face is just a problem with 3D models in general and not the animation here.

I mean this is really really nitpicking to me. Like I can see that in most 3D animated faces and the gif I quoted masks the illusion well enough (plenty of others do not).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
kind of feel bad for the development team but really, 4 to 5 years and this is all they had to show for it?

Inquisition animated better than this for fucks sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom