• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the Joker equivalent in Mass Effect look stoned?

How come she emotes better than the main character... lol come on man.

Liara and Garrus had arguably the most realistic looking faces in the original ME. I think it's because they only have human features and when we look at them they don't appear to be as weird as characters that are supposed to be real humans. We see the flaws in the real humans easily, all we see when looking at Asari and Turians is aliens that have really great looking human elements, nothing bad sticks out because they are masked up quite a bit. For instance, even the good looking hair still looks fake on every character I've seen, Asari and Turians have no hair. Human skin often looks weird, I don't expect it to look like this under certain lighting conditions, the other races are Blue or grey etc. We don't compare them to real people as much as we do we the others.

wamberz1

VgWtvvA.gif
Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

fuck

Kalentan

Ever thought that maybe the Andromeda initiative wasn't just to find a new home for people?

I think we're seeing the true reason behind it.

eizarus

Banned
GAF may not be loud or representative enough to make an impact, but Reddit certainly is and the front page has a post, 12.9k upvotes (13.6k by the time I finished typing this), with a similar theme to this thread (actually most of the content was taken from this thread :p )

A-V-B

Ever thought that maybe the Andromeda initiative wasn't just to find a new home for people?

I think we're seeing the true reason behind it.

Maybe it's a secret government project to contain a race of highly unstable reality-warping science experiments? Signed off on by Hackett and the Council, jointly funded by Cerberus. The entire initiative is a ticking time bomb with a payload big enough to wipe out a galaxy. Better Andromeda than us.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, I'm dying here. I will say there is something oddly endearing about how off Fem Ryder is.

hah I know what you mean. I had planned to do a custom Ryder( whenever I do eventually play through this) but now I'm thinking I may just stick with her for the awkwardness.

Kalentan

Maybe it's a secret government project to contain a race of highly unstable reality-warping science experiments? Signed off on by Hackett and the Council, jointly funded by Cerberus. The entire initiative is a ticking time bomb with a payload big enough to wipe out a galaxy. Better Andromeda than us.

Hence why we never heard of this initiative till now! It all makes sense!

kunonabi

hah I know what you mean. I had planned to do a custom Ryder( whenever I do eventually play through this) but now I'm thinking I may just stick with her for the awkwardness.

It's like an android getting their big break in a human's motion picture and she's having fun trying to fit in with everyone.

This game was total pass for me but it's totally looking like a rental now.

Lingitiz

...The fuck happened to this game?

A lot of us gave the benefit of the doubt, myself included, that they were just opting for a shorter press cycle for this one. But it looks like the reality is that this game struggled in development for a long time, and EA might have set the end of the fiscal year as a hard date to get this done.

Bioware's B team + a dash of development hell i'd imagine. Granted, we have no idea if the game is actually bad, the embargo is up Monday. This thread is just dedicated to the facial animation jank.

Why would they put the B-team on a megaton like Mass Effect? Makes no sense.

Deadstar

Why would they put the B-team on a megaton like Mass Effect? Makes no sense.

Mass Effect is one of the greatest franchises of all time, or at least, it has a universe with a lot of interesting characters and races. How they gave the b team this game is beyond me. Imagine what a CD Projeckt Red could do with this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom