• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A comprehensive list of all the PS4/XboxNext games we know are coming

Quentyn

Great thread. I think there will be more cross-gen games than there are on the list right now. Publishers gonna wait until the install base high enough, until they go next gen only. I think that's especially true for established franchises like Assassin's Creed, Battlefield and Dragon Age.

Some games that are missing on the list:

-Ghost (formely EA Gothenburg) is working on the next Need for Speed game. Most likely that is cross-gen also, like the first NfS Most Wanted was.

-Rocksteady's next game. It is rumored to be another Batman game based on the Silver Age but nothing has be revealed yet.

Reiko

Banned
Whats FM5? All I can think of is Front Mission 5 and yeah thats not it.

raincarspurpleferraric0ujc.jpg

Majanew

Banned
Guerilla Games
RPG Fanrasy Game

Guerilla Games Team 2
Killzone 4

Santa Monica Team 2
New IP

Media Molecule
New IP

Evolution
New racing IP

Ready at Dawn
New IP

Naughty Dog Team 2
Uncharted 4

Sucker Punch
New IP

Quantic Dreams Team 2
New IP

Polyphonic
Gran Turismo 6

POLYPHONY Digital

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46349433&postcount=873

If you write Polyphonic one more time! ... Kazunori Yamauchi will cry. :p

I can't wait for Durango and Orbis. Really want to see next-gen Madden.

Majanew

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing the new NCAA Football game from 2K Sports...

Time for 2K to take back football.

The only sports game 2K is doing well lately is NBA 2K. Their MLB, NHL games suck vs. EA's/Sony's offerings, and All Pro Football 2K8 was garbage.

ESPN NFL 2K5 was a loooong time ago.

Reiko

Banned
The only sports game 2K is doing well lately is NBA 2K. Their MLB, NHL games suck vs. EA's offerings, and APF2K8 was garbage.

ESPN NFL 2K5 was a loooong time ago.

Visual Concepts only did football and basketball.

2k is out for blood. They went an entire gen without being able to make a licensed football game. Believe me.

Madden has been stale due to no competition.

2k is out for blood. They went an entire gen without being able to make a licensed football game. Believe me.

Here's hoping that MLB The Show would be a system seller. They've improved it so much in the last few years that any release would look and feel stale compared to it.

Part of me hopes that EA titles look shit because they moved their focus to next-gen and decided not to spend time upgrading the current games. I hope that's what's happening cause I am craving a fully fledged sports titles such as FIFA, NHL, Cricket, MLB, NBA, NFL, Boxing, MMA an more! None of these have recieved any upgrade in the past 3 years.

Majanew

Banned

We'll see, 2K can't make an NCAA game until 2015, so EA will have next year by itself on next-gen consoles. Better make it count. Next-gen football graphics. Mmm, I'm excited just thinking about the possibilities.

And I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT to see next-gen UFC!

Reiko

Banned
We'll see, 2K can't make an NCAA game until 2015, so EA will have next year by itself on next-gen consoles. Better make it count. Next-gen football graphics. Mmm, I'm excited just thinking about the possibilities.

And I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT to see next-gen UFC!

Visually the UFC games are almost there right now.

Kosma

Banned
Hard to say if the thread is awesome or shit.

I have totally lost the will to play anything current gen at this point cause of next gen hype and generational fatigue.

If next gen doesnt happen this year ill be guttered.

KAL2006

Banned
Hard to say if the thread is awesome or shit.

I have totally lost the will to play anything current gen at this point cause of next gen hype and generational fatigue.

If next gen doesnt happen this year ill be guttered.

Lucky I don't have this problem, really excited for the games coming out this year for PS3 and also have a backlog to play. I will still aboard the hype train and be excited for PS4. But I will buy a PS4 Slim for a cheap price with cheap PS4 launch window games around 2 years into the PS4's life. This is the reason I hope games like Versus XIII and Last Guardian are still PS3 titles.

JimiNutz

Banned
I wonder if respawn will be able to recapture the success of COD.
I know it's rare that lightning strikes twice, but they've had a long time to work on the game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The OP made more sense (and was better IMO) when it was actually a list of games rather than just 'this dev hasn't released a game in a while, no idea what they're doing but it's bound to be for next-gen!'

But otherwise good job I was hoping someone was making a list of this stuff.

The OP made more sense (and was better IMO) when it was actually a list of games rather than just 'this dev hasn't released a game in a while, no idea what they're doing but it's bound to be for next-gen!'

But otherwise good job I was hoping someone was making a list of this stuff.

Thanks, but I've only included either games that are 100% confirmed, leaked (due to job postings and slip ups), or that we know are coming just by using common sense (no offense). Nothing is there just for the heck of it.

educator

How does it work with the FIFA and NHL-games? They both hit stores in september and november (FIFA 14 and NHL 14), but what happens if the next gen consoles comes out in december or january?

I dont mind playing FIFA/NHL 14 on my 360, but I would like it if EA released on the next gen consoles aswell!

How does it work with the FIFA and NHL-games? They both hit stores in september and november (FIFA 14 and NHL 14), but what happens if the next gen consoles comes out in december or january?

I dont mind playing FIFA/NHL 14 on my 360, but I would like it if EA released on the next gen consoles aswell!

Hmm, we'll FIFA 06 and NHL 06 didn't come out on the 360. EA Sports' games only made it to the 360/PS3 the year after. I think that will change this time. I think cross gen games for EA sports will be likely this year

But you can bet the 2K games will be on next gen consoles this year.

Bgamer90

Banned
All I can say is Microsoft better be working on a ton of new ips if this is how Sony is going to start off next-gen

Highly doubt that those games will all come out around the same time. Knowing how things were this gen, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those games don't come out until 2016 (or even later... who knows).

I do agree that MS needs new IPs next gen. All signs are pointing to that being true. The question though (for both MS and Sony) is whether they'll actually be good.

Bgamer90

Banned

Sports games usually become launch titles if the system's launch is within about four months of when the last gen version gets released. If it's over four months then they usually just focus on making a next gen version of the next iteration.

Hmm, we'll FIFA 06 and NHL 06 didn't come out on the 360. EA Sports' games only made it to the 360/PS3 the year after. I think that will change this time. I think cross gen games for EA sports will be likely this year

The 360 had Madden 06 and NBA Live 06 as launch titles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If FFvsXIII and the Last Guardian are PS4 launch titles, 720 will be in big trouble.
I think so too, but:
1) Sony would be blowing their load early and I highly doubt those will even release close to each other
2) Those are two of the games people want most and in some cases the only games people care about from Sony. Releasing them simultaneously would be idiotic.
3) Neither of those games exist, they are SecretPS3Game status.

Very good thread OP, thanks a lot.
I will follow this thread if it's not becoming a Wii U praise / bashing (or is it next gen?) discussion.

This clearly makes the PS4 and Xbox 720 a lot more interesting for me. Seeing all the things which are coming makes me jump like a little girl :D
The bad thing is that there's too many games with the same art direction for me.... for sequels I could understand but new IPs with already seen set ups is really a deception.

Tenck

Is it sad I'm most interested in Mafia 3?

Finished the second one recently after having to restart twice, and loved every playthrough.

Poor Joe, he wasn't part of the deal ;_;

nasos_333

Here is a link about FF Agnes being an actual game, in English

Would be nice to also add to the OP, so we dont have to translate the other link from Spanish

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/square-e...ophy-on-different-platforms-in-june-next-year

Also since the above is not a clear confirmation like the other one, here is a translation of the original

" The tech-demo of Agni's Philosophy will be the first Final Fantasy for Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4

The first Final Fantasy for the next generation has already been shown to the world, it comes to the tech-demo Agni's Philosophy , which was shown at E3 2012 along with the Luminous Engine.

Confirmation comes through Yoshihisa Hashimoto , technical director of the company, who said " Agni's Philosophy is a Final Fantasy ", without elaborating on the exact target platforms or a possible release date. recently has been known as the domain of Final Fantasy XV, Finalfantasyxv.com , is owned by Square Enix . Perhaps the first installment of the popular series from Square Enix, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 include the number 15 in the nomenclature. Check out a video demo of the tech-Agni's Philosophy:"

Chittagong

Gold Member
Instead of using the term 'next gen', maybe we can use something like '1.5TF+ Gen' , because that's the type of gaming I understand the OP to intend with this thread - AI, particles, physics, post processing, huge multiplayer numbers - stuff that Wii U is not capable of. Yes I am excited for Pikmin, Zelda HD, Super Mario Universe etc., but clearly they are a different thing than the games listed here.

Having the same argument of generations being time bound every time doesn't change the fact that the two (PS4/720/PC vs Wii U) are entirely different beasts in terms of gaming experiences and thus deserve their own threads. Otherwise might as well include iPhone 5 games there too.

Also, great thread. Superb work.

Here is a link about FF Agnes being an actual game, in English

Would be nice to also add to the OP, so we dont have to translate the other link from Spanish

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/square-e...ophy-on-different-platforms-in-june-next-year

Also since the above is not a clear confirmation like the other one, here is a translation of the original

" The tech-demo of Agni's Philosophy will be the first Final Fantasy for Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4

The first Final Fantasy for the next generation has already been shown to the world, it comes to the tech-demo Agni's Philosophy , which was shown at E3 2012 along with the Luminous Engine.

Confirmation comes through Yoshihisa Hashimoto , technical director of the company, who said " Agni's Philosophy is a Final Fantasy ", without elaborating on the exact target platforms or a possible release date. recently has been known as the domain of Final Fantasy XV, Finalfantasyxv.com , is owned by Square Enix . Perhaps the first installment of the popular series from Square Enix, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 include the number 15 in the nomenclature. Check out a video demo of the tech-Agni's Philosophy:"

Awesome. That deserves its own thread really.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I expect next gen racing Forza 4, GT6 and possibly PGR5 to have entire threads of photomode pics that look like this. I think the racing genre will be as close to photorealistic as anything we have ever had in gaming.

Top Bottom