• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A comprehensive list of all the PS4/XboxNext games we know are coming

Deuterium

All I can say is Microsoft better be working on a ton of new ips if this is how Sony is going to start off next-gen

I don't understand this statement, especially when focusing specifically on the list provided in the OP.

Microsoft Exclusives:

1) RYSE -- Crytek
2) Halo 5 -- 343 Industries
3) Untitled game from Rare
4) Untitled game from Lionhead
5) Alan Wake 2 -- Remedy
6) Forza Motorsports 4 -- Turn 10
7) Untitled game from Black Tusk Studios

Sony PS4 Exclusives:

1) Killzone 4 -- Guerrilla Games
2) Untitled game from Guerrilla
3) Untitled game from Ready at Dawn
4) Gran Turismo 6 -- Polyphony Digital
5) Untitled game from Naughty Dog

-------------------------------------------

How exactly does Microsoft come up short on future confirmed exclusives?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
So is Crytek an EA company?
I'm asking because I want to know why they would make a xbox kinect exclusive game, has EA done that before?

KAL2006

Banned
I don't understand this statement, especially when focusing specifically on the list provided in the OP.

Microsoft Exclusives:

1) RYSE -- Crytek
5) Alan Wake 2 -- Remedy

Sony PS4 Exclusives:

2) Untitled game from Guerrilla Team 2
5) Untitled game from Naughty Dog Team 2
6) Untitled game from Evolution
7) Untitled game from Media Molecule
8) Untitled game from Sucker Punch
9) Untitled game from Santa Monica Team 2
10) Untitled game from Quantic Dreams

Fixed. Also isn't Ryse a Kinect game anymore?

Games that I'm looking forward to next gen whenever they come.

Dmc:eek:ld dante

next street fighter and tekken game

Uncharted

next FF

GT6

GoW (although character model already looks next gen)

Gears of War and few others along the line. I can't wait to see how crazy the graphics will be compared to this gen. It seems like we're getting a new trailer every couple of months leading to E3.

KAL2006

Banned
Microsoft have lots of new studios founded, also you are missing Playground Games which probably will do Forza Horizon 2.
Plus i dont think MS is going to let Gears of War easily as an exclusive.

Didn't Forza Horizan come out fall 2012 I thought we were just listing developers that haven't released a game for a while so most likely games for the co soles for year 1 and launch window. If we are listing all developers then we'll have to list naughty dog team 1, Santa Monica team 1, Team rain, superbot and etc. Both Forza Horizan and Halo 4 came out not too long ago.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Didn't Forza Horizan come out fall 2012 I thought we were just listing developers that haven't released a game for a while so most likely games for the co soles for year 1 and launch window. If we are listing all developers then we'll have to list naughty dog team 1, Santa Monica team 1, Team rain, superbot and etc. Both Forza Horizan and Halo 4 came out not too long ago.

Yes, because Sony are well known for completely dropping support for their old console when a new one comes out.

I'm only listing games or untitled games that have sources behind them, not just because a studio hasn't released a game in a while.

Deuterium

No, you didn't "fix" my post. You actually completely disregarded my very pointed remark about titles that were specifc to the Original Post, as of the time I wrote it.

Instead, you added a bunch of additional untitles that are not in the OP.

Now, I don't know if Shinobi602 will edit/revise his list to include your "suggestions"...however, I am guessing they aren't there for a reason. Perhaps they haven't been completely confirmed (although, I could be wrong). In any event, I was going by the list appearing in the OP.

EDIT:

Ah, Shinobi602 just confirmed my supposition. Thanks Shinobi602.

I'm only listing games or untitled games that have sources behind them, not just because a studio hasn't released a game in a while.

Derrick01

Banned
Uhhh let's see what Lionhead and Rare are working on before putting them in list warz. They're both jokes and shells of their former self as of right now.

Sorry, i wasnt following the whole discussion, i thought it was a list of all the exclusives of the first 2 years, not only the first.

Some of Microsoft's internal studios also have multiple teams (Rare and Lionhead, for instance) and they also have a number of external collaborators like Ruffian, Remedy and so on. Both Microsoft and Sony will undoubtedly foster some new partnerships this gen as well.

Yes, Ryse is still a Kinect game, so?

Yeah, I think MS will moneyhat early next gen. That includes live arcade games as well.

All of them will "moneyhat", although I think that term is being thrown around too liberaly around here.

KAL2006

Banned
Yes, because Sony are well known for completely dropping support for their old console when a new one comes out.

Well usually all the main studios move onto the next system. PS2 only had PSP ports and casual games supported for it by Sony after PS3. Of course GoW2 came out just around the PS3 launch, luckily this time we know the big developers are dropping there games this year.

Some of those do have sources but I am lazy to find the links. This is what I remember.

Hiring for new racing game IP

R&D for new innovative software, could potentially not be a game though

Bought and expanded by Sony, there was also a leaked screen for this game.

Stig confirmed he is making another game and is not apart of GoWA team. They are hiring for new IP

They are hiring for a new IP for next gen system.

Some of those do have sources but I am lazy to find the links. This is what I remember.

Stig confirmed he is making another game and is not apart of GoWA team. They are hiring for new IP

Thanks, I'll look into these.

Deuterium

I repeat (again), I am working off of Shinobi602's list from his OP. I expect (as he implies in a previous post) that the "untitles" you have listed are just too early or sketchy to warrant being included. In any case, I am certain we could extend Microsoft's list in the exact same way you are trying to do with Sony.

I am not trying to get into a List Warz. The reason for my original post, that you felt obliged to "fix", was as a respectful challenge to grosvenor_92's post: "All I can say is Microsoft better be working on a ton of new ips if this is how Sony is going to start off next-gen". Furthermore, I chose to focus on "exclusives", rather than llimit it to what technically qualifies as "new IPs".

Play what game. And now we are listing XBLA game studios.

There are no "XBLA studios", except for Xbox Live Productions, but I don't know why we shouldn't look forward to downloadable games as well. After all, it was a downloadable game that won many of this year's GotY awards. This gen the line between downloadable and retail games will be completely erased.

KAL2006

Banned
There are no "XBLA studios", except for Xbox Live Productions, but I don't know why we shouldn't look forward to downloadable games as well. After all, it was a downloadable game that won many of this year's GotY awards. This gen the line between downloadable and retail games will be completely erased.

Of course I am excited for digital games but that a whole other ball game and would just overkill the OP if we added those. It just when I listed Sony developers like Qunatic Dreams, Media Molecule and Evolution, someone got annoyed and was like "we can do the same" then starts listing developers like Twisted Pixel and etc. It was kind of obvious that list was about big retail developers and not those small indie ones.

Of course I am excited for digital games but that a whole other ball game

Tell that to all those people enjoying Planetside 2 at the moment. A good game is a good game, and that's all there is to it.

Sony developers like Qunatic Dreams

Quantic Dream is an independent developer currently working with Sony. Whether that changes, and it what way, only time will tell.

someone got annoyed and was like "we can do the same" then starts listing developers like Twisted Pixel and etc. It was kind of obvious that list was about big retail developers and not those small indie ones.

Twisted Pixel is not an indie developer, they are owned by Microsoft now, and they have a great track record. The Gunstringer was their first retail release, and it probably won't be the last.

Regardless, small companies can and often do grow, tackling bigger projects over time. Likewise, bigger companies can deteriorate or change their focus. Not that there's a clear line separating "big" and "small" developers either - Mojang are still small in size, yet Minecraft is huge in every way imaginable (and, hey, it's a downloadable game).

Derrick01

Banned
This gen the line between downloadable and retail games will be completely erased.

Let's not get too crazy now, the kinect stuff was bad enough. Indie games still can't match the kind of stuff that can be put in AAA games, even dumbed down ones. It takes a truly special game that rarely happens like Mark of the Ninja to outclass AAA games in the same genre. And even then it only outclasses recent games in the genre like Splinter Cell and Hitman Absolution. It doesn't come close to the older big games in those franchises.

Let's not get too crazy now, the kinect stuff was bad enough. Indie games still can't match the kind of stuff that can be put in AAA games, even dumbed down ones. It takes a truly special game that rarely happens like Mark of the Ninja to outclass AAA games in the same genre.

The times they are a-changin'. Brace yourself for a shock.

nasos_333

Are they though ?

Because MS has abandoned XNA and now indies dont really have much options for xbox 720/windows 8 phone other than C++/DirectX, which would cut off 99% of the efforts

I know that C++ can be a nightmare, it is nothing like C# and XNA, so MS probably does not want indies to make games anymore

Derrick01

Banned

Indie games putting out stuff on par with retail games would be a shock, as I'd have no idea where they got that kind of money from. But I'm never going to be impressed with the latest 2D platformer or physics puzzle game. That's small time. As horrible as the newest Tomb Raider looks and how it represents where AAA gaming has gone, I'd still rather play that instead.

Microsoft Exclusives:

1) RYSE -- Crytek
5) Alan Wake 2 -- Remedy

Sony PS4 Exclusives:

This is basically what i meant it seems Sony has more new ip's being worked on. I'm sure Microsoft is working on ones we dont know about as well but if Microsoft is releasing the new xbox this year they're going to need a killer launch of games in order for people to buy it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol OP...

Square Enix has gone on record saying they are planning to make this into a game (next FF basically)

They said it was NOT a game... it's about as much of a game as the FFVII PS3 tech demo was.

Are they though ?

Because MS has abandoned XNA and now indies dont really have much options for xbox 720/windows 8 phone other than C++/DirectX, which would cut off 99% of the efforts

I know that C++ can be a nightmare, it is nothing like C# and XNA, so MS probably does not want indies to make games anymore

Microsoft has abanoned XNA? This is the first time I heard about that, did I miss the big news?

Anyway, XNA as we know it today is primarily aimed at hobbyist developers, most indies who do game development professionally are well versed in C++ and other more complex languages. What do you think they use on other platforms?

And yes, the times are changing, drastically. Look around you, it's plain as day. Casual, social, mobile, free to play, networked, ARG... Gaming already encompasses much more than just core gamers with their dedicated boxes, and the landscape is going to change in even more significant ways over the coming years. Phil Harrison and many other industry figures are well aware of that.

Indie games putting out stuff on par with retail games would be a shock, as I'd have no idea where they got that kind of money from. But I'm never going to be impressed with the latest 2D platformer or physics puzzle game. That's small time. As horrible as the newest Tomb Raider looks and how it represents where AAA gaming has gone, I'd still rather play that instead.

Yes, you're right, the problem is not in indie games, it's in you. But there's far more to downloadable games than just indies.

nasos_333

Microsoft has abanoned XNA? This is the first time I heard about that, did I miss the big news?

Anyway, XNA as we know it today is primarily aimed at hobbyist developers, most indies who do game development professionally are well versed in C++ and other more complex languages. What do you think they use on other platforms?

And yes, the times are changing, drastically. Look around you, it's plain as day. Casual, social, mobile, free to play, networked, ARG... Gaming already encompasses much more than just core gamers with their dedicated boxes, and the landscape is going to change in even more significant ways over the coming years. Phil Harrison and many other industry figures are well aware of that.

Yes, you're right, the problem is not in indie games, it's in you. But there's far more to downloadable games than just indies.

There is no Metro app/game creation for XNA and obviously will be same for xbox 720

Nab

I want to go into Cryo Sleep until E3. Surely this year all the press cons will be something special.

i-Lo

Where's Dark Souls II in the original list?

Also, pertaining to those pictures of ME4, one thing to remember that those are created in UE3 and ME4 will employ Frostbite 2.

Deuterium

Microsoft Exclusives:

1) RYSE -- Crytek
5) Alan Wake 2 -- Remedy

Sony PS4 Exclusives:

This is basically what i meant it seems Sony has more new ip's being worked on. I'm sure Microsoft is working on ones we dont know about as well but if Microsoft is releasing the new xbox this year they're going to need a killer launch of games in order for people to buy it.

*sigh*

This is what happens when someone messes with another persons's direct quote, and replies with a cheeky "fixed". I know it is done a lot, and the intentions may have been innocent (for comedic effect). Nevertheless. I always found this practice to be confusing, at a minimum, and more often quite misleading and frustrating.

Grosvenor_92, my original post is repy #351. The text of mine you copied has been mis-quoted (edited) by KAL2006 in reply #353. I did not cite the untitled Sony games numbered 6-10, for reasons I have carefully explained in subsequent posts.

Hindle

Banned
Frontier Studios are working on something for MS. They were originally making The Outsider but it was put on hold until the next gen. I assume they have gone back to it.

Danneee

With all the fuzz about motion controls this gen I can't believe we haven't seen a new Black & White yet. Maybe that is what Lionhead is up to now, a new B&W game for the next gen. More likely if the next gen will have motion controls included with all consoles.

Top Bottom