• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A digital pimple was composited onto Tulsi Gabbard's face during the Dem debate

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Close-up of it disappearing:

This stretched my suspension of disbelief pretttttty far, and most of the discussions were citing the same off-screen cropped video, but I checked official video stream and confirmed it:

Digital pimple (timecoded):

This is not something on a video camera sensor element. It tracks a position on her face, then disappears instantly.

TMZ originally reported it:

Tulsi responded:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Propaganda machine gonna churn churn churn. It's quite sad that Democrats are bending over and getting suckered again by the establishment wing of their own party. I heard about this last night in a podcast about the N. Korea coverage but didn't think much of it.

Crazy that there's some actual weight behind the accusation. Yang's mic gets cut. Fake pimple. This is election meddling but of course the media won't raise a stink about their own faults. No, they'll just whinge about how a bunch of Russian bots are propping up Tulsi Gabbard.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
Media is ridiculous.
The pimple makes her more of a real person.

I’d be phased about them messing with my face.

Reactions: rockbottom12

take_it_easy

Jan 31, 2018
LMAO, the DNC is a weird mix of corrupt and incompetent.

It's 1984, so I highly doubt this will get any traction, although I hope it does. Time will tell.

This is 100% election meddling

Last edited:

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019
This lady has more skincare issues than a pimple on her chin. Her cheek pores are huge and it's obvious she is self concious about it by trying to cover it up with layers of makeup. I hate to say it, but the majority of people will judge her on their initial impression, and that impression is that she has crooked teeth, huge pores, some sort of white streak on her hair which is obviously dye already, and bad skincare. Whatever resonating message she had was perhaps lost in that initial impression just like Yang's stumpling opening remarks.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Ownage

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
yeah i mean they can live project digital graphics on a football field and have players run over it and have it look seemless, this kind of live photoshop for HD software has probably been on the market for a decade now. the debates are a tv production anyways, why wouldn't they do this?

it's totally fucked up tho. people need to realize how often the media lies. one issue where Trump is still far ahead of everyone else.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
I imagined that it was just a case of some kind of software hiding pimples and other imperfections, but since she seemingly says it never was there, this makes you really wonder. Why would anyone add a pimple to her face? That makes no sense to me. My rational side tells me that there's some other reasons for why what seemed like a pimple appeared, but even that really doesn't make sense with how it followed her. I thought maybe she had some food or something stuck there, but I don't really see it falling off either.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I imagined that it was just a case of some kind of software hiding pimples and other imperfections, but since she seemingly says it never was there, this makes you really wonder. Why would anyone add a pimple to her face? That makes no sense to me. My rational side tells me that there's some other reasons for why what seemed like a pimple appeared, but even that really doesn't make sense with how it followed her. I thought maybe she had some food or something stuck there, but I don't really see it falling off either.
TMZ checked photographs from the event and couldn't spot the blemish. It was additive, not a subtractive filter.

TMZ said:
Btw, we also combed through a bunch of photos of Gabbard from last night -- check the gallery -- and the Congresswoman ain't pimpin' ... as in, there's no sign of the mystery zit. Or whatever it is ... was."

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
This has been done before.

Q13 Fox staffer fired after TV station airs altered Trump video

Source: https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/tv/trump-tongue-trick-lands-seattle-tv-station-q13-fox-in-hot-water/

That's why I've said time and time again, be careful lefties, all those tricks you're using against Trump can and will be used against your own.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Ownage

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
TMZ checked photographs from the event and couldn't spot the blemish. It was additive, not a subtractive filter.

Normally I'd be like "lol TMZ", but in this particular case they are one of the outlets best-suited to get to the bottom of the pimple mystery. Fabricating celebrity gossip out of the smallest thing is their forte, but if even they can't find a pimple...

Reactions: Joe T. and EviLore
Oct 26, 2018
Tulsi is a democrat. So wouldn't someone digitally adding a zit to make her look bad mean it's likely a republican goofing around with editing/camerawork?

• LOL
Reactions: SpartanN92

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Tulsi is a democrat. So wouldn't someone digitally adding a zit to make her look bad mean it's likely a republican goofing around with editing/camerawork?
A Republican working for NBC? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yes! It was surely those evil Republicans responsible. The DNC has no history of sabotaging its own candidates. Nope. No history whatsoever.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Making Tulsi less attractive via skin blemishes in real-time? It echoes the weponization of the effects learned from radio vs tv in the Nixon vs. Kennedy debates.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The far left has fully rejected her. Those who like her are generally anti-war democrats, centrists, and even republicans.

Reactions: rockbottom12

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Making Tulsi less attractive via skin blemishes in real-time? It echoes the weponization of the effects learned from radio vs tv in the Nixon vs. Kennedy debates.

No amount of airbrushing or digital modifications can make this face not look like a bitter ex-wife with zero sense of humor.

MastAndo

Oct 13, 2014
This lady has more skincare issues than a pimple on her chin. Her cheek pores are huge and it's obvious she is self concious about it by trying to cover it up with layers of makeup. I hate to say it, but the majority of people will judge her on their initial impression, and that impression is that she has crooked teeth, huge pores, some sort of white streak on her hair which is obviously dye already, and bad skincare. Whatever resonating message she had was perhaps lost in that initial impression just like Yang's stumpling opening remarks.
She's still the best looking female candidate. I would think anyone looking to disparage her would be aware of that and might be so inclined to digitally add to her flaws - which doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility considering her anti-war views That said, adding a small chin zit seems a bit too subtle for this to be intentionally malicious as it doesn't have the intended effect. Definitely bizarre though...

plasmasd

Jun 11, 2008
Looks like one of the sensor pixels going out. Cam was probably setup a an hour beforehand so it could just be heat and timing making it appear and dissapear like that. No one is sitting there adding pimples live with current TV budgets.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Looks like one of the sensor pixels going out. Cam was probably setup a an hour beforehand so it could just be heat and timing making it appear and dissapear like that. No one is sitting there adding pimples live with current TV budgets.
It tracks to her facial movement, not to camera movement. It's not a dead sensor pixel.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
She was the most searched for Democrat politician on Google after the debate. Are you seriously suggesting that they will dismiss her policies because she doesn't look like a fashion model?

Reactions: DeafTourette

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Seriously, how can anyone trust this party?

Mic's cutting out and this with rigged polls and Google searches coupled with rigging it for Hillary last go round makes me think people enjoy being fucked and lied to by the Democratic party. The mental gymnastics you have to go through to still believe in this hat full of assholes is astonishing.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
i'm trying hard to understand what's going on here ...

it reflects light at one point, then vanishes

meh, seems like some kinda glitch in the matrix (you pentagon mudda fuckas)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolivar687

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Mic's cutting out and this with rigged polls and Google searches coupled with rigging it for Hillary last go round makes me think people enjoy being fucked and lied to by the Democratic party. The mental gymnastics you have to go through to still believe in this hat full of assholes is astonishing.
This is the real tampering and collusion, not Russia.

They are just projecting their tactics the past 2+ years.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
The explanation is much simpler than that some republican operatives have secretly infiltrated the network and sabotaging the primaries.
She is basically too popular and a threat to Biden and Harris cruising to victory.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
very weak damage control, you are not as clever as you think you are.
You know what, you're right. How could it be any thing less than the NWO. I bet she's tanking in the polls now.

I bet the average Joe really cares about this tomfoolery. The Democrats are corrupt!

Last edited: