• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Disgaea Talk Event Is Planned For February 7th, 2016 In Japan

Nippon Ichi Software announced that they’re hosting a Disgaea event on February 7, 2016, called the “Disgaea Night” talk event, where they’ll talk about the series and have various goodies for sale.

The Disgaea Night event is marked as the very first talk event for the series, and they’ll begin selling tickets sometime in the middle of November with more information on the event in early December.

The event will feature Disgaea series composer Tenpei Sato, Japanese voice actress for Disgaea 5’s Seraphine in Sarah Emi Bridcutt, producer Sohei Niikawa, and director Takehisa Matsuda
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/09/a-disgaea-talk-event-is-planned-for-this-february-in-japan/

Eolz

Disgaea NX announcement of course.

Whatever it is, I hope it's good news. 5 didn't sell really well in Japan since it was a PS4 exclusive.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm actually half-expecting a "lol fooled you, Disgaea 5 coming to Vita" type announcement with pared down graphics or whatever to make it work, because of the PS4 install base.

WE SHALL SEE.

Dio

Banned
The 5th game was really, really good. They did so many things right and it eclipsed 4 right out of my mind. It had one of the strongest casts in the series, too (far better than 4's, where I only really liked Desco and Valvatorez, and millions of miles better than 3's).

The sheer amount of quality of life improvements, changes in menu system, etc. made me really want to see where things go after this. They went all out on it.

I'm actually half-expecting a "lol fooled you, Disgaea 5 coming to Vita" type announcement with pared down graphics or whatever to make it work, because of the PS4 install base.

WE SHALL SEE.

They would really, really have to cut corners on it. Disgaea 4 chugged in framerate in higher level item worlds and it had 30 characters on screen max IIRC (this game has 100, which is the reason why 5 isn't on Vita.)

Is not going to happen but I will love a new Prinny game, the Asagi game or something different with Disgaea characters, fighting game, party game (like Mario party) or something cool.

Falk

that puzzling face
They would really, really have to cut corners on it. Disgaea 4 chugged in framerate in higher level item worlds and it had 30 characters on screen max IIRC (this game has 100, which is the reason why 5 isn't on Vita.)

I mean, where else is it going to go? PS3 is unlikely because of a milder version of the above, and it'd look kinda stupid to be porting backwards after all the hooah about "next gen Disgaea" even if the Japanese PS4 install base sucks.

I want to make a joke about PC port since far weirder things have happened in the past two years, but that hardly helps the situation in Japan.

Maybe a spinoff/sequel based on the universe for Vita rather than a pared down version? Still would be able to reuse majority of the assets barring recording more VA

edit: Come to think of it though, Disgaea 6 announced for PS4 might not be as ballsy a move as it initially appears. By the time it hits, many of the higher-profile JRPGs would also be out, so the install base wouldn't be as abysmal.

Top Bottom