A GoFundMe campaign is raising funds to pay for the border wall

HenkDV

Aug 11, 2018
I doubt that. Don't you think the one who started it can choose to send it back? Especially now that the House just passed 5.7 billion to Trump for the wall.
Where did I say he can't keep it? I'm just saying he doesn't have to like on Kickstarter.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
:messenger_blowing_kiss:
Your data is almost three years old now. Since the economy has been doing well, illegal entry into the United States is on the rise and the U.S. Border Patrol has seen an increase in apprehensions over the last several years. For FY2018 (ended in October), the Border Patrol apprehended almost 400,000 people entering the United States illegally, with unaccompanied juvenile apprehensions increasing by 21% and family units increasing by 42%.
Source: CBP
300-500k is considered low level, especially compared to the past.

Read up: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/25/us-illegal-border-crossings-analysis-trump-migrants

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I, and many people I know, are watching this Gofundme closely, but we aren't comfortable jumping in just yet. I'll wait for word from the President himself that these funds will go to the wall before contributing.

Also, there should definitely be tiers. I'd pay extra to put my name on a brick with a quote.
720 + punch?

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
GoFunded Boarder Wall with Mexico .. has to be the most American thing ive seen in a while .

Composer

Oct 2, 2015
Why not divert this focus and interest for Veterans support organizations? Republicans can be so two-faced. Why waste all this effort? It could actually do some good. But nah, its throw money at something that is going to cost closer to $8-9Billion dollars (and won't even happen), and lets pretend to care about Veterans when it helps us look good.

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Put your money where your mouth is. I'm all about that. Can't keep kicking the immigration issue down the road to the next administration.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
The estimated cost of building the wall is 25 billion. Those are Fox News estimates, so that's probably on the low end to make it sound feasible. At the current donation rate, it would take slightly over 50 years to get the necessary funds, not counting the percentage that GoFundMe takes for themselves.

This is a scam, someone is getting paid.
All it would take is a few billionaires or multimillionaires pitching in, and it'd be financed. One might say these people wouldn't be crazy enough to do that, like how could they have gotten that rich and kept the money if they were? But many want to pay millions to get on a rocket with a 1 in 50 chance of exploding on the way out, without talking of the odds of something going wrong in space or on re-entry, all of which mean instant death...

The Russian roulette tourists
It will cost guests $9.5 million per person for a 12-day mission, making it one of the more “affordable” ways to temporarily live in space. “In context, historically, space tourists paid between $20 million and $50 million to stay aboard the ISS,” says Bunger.Apr 20, 2018-popsci

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Jan 5, 2010
Put your money where your mouth is. I'm all about that. Can't keep kicking the immigration issue down the road to the next administration.
It's a fucking wall. We're living in 2018 and soon to be 2019. We're not trying to hold off the Mongols on horseback. Good god.

Want a solution? Go after the people who are hiring them. They're the people who provide an incentive to come here illegally.

Last edited:

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
It's a fucking wall. We're living in 2018 and soon to be 2019. We're not trying to hold off the Mongols on horseback. Good god.

Want a solution? Go after the people who are hiring them. They're the people who provide an incentive to come here illegally.
What I'll add is yet how many democrat favored programs republican opposed can't be cut or touched?

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Southern California
Why not divert this focus and interest for Veterans support organizations? Republicans can be so two-faced. Why waste all this effort? It could actually do some good. But nah, its throw money at something that is going to cost closer to $8-9Billion dollars (and won't even happen), and lets pretend to care about Veterans when it helps us look good.
This campaign was started by a disabled veteran.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
It's a fucking wall. In 2018/2019
It may be meaningless but it was one of the campaign promises people voted for.

In any case good border security is very important. Perhaps not now, but in the coming decades as automation increases and the rationing becomes MORE evident, as UBI becomes necessary.

UBI is believed unaffordable right now, but obviously people are being paid, many if not most doing pointless busywork, while the machines do most of the real work. So if they no longer need to play work, at the least a fraction of what would normally be their salary can be provided whilst they are free to pursue their interests, by some form of taxation.

Perhaps most people will be paid for social activity and watching ads, and not just a few people earning a living?

In any case, once the machines do all the work, while they can produce the maximum possible production without work, they can only produce a finite amount of things.

If UBI or some other manner of resource distribution rationing replaces the current system, we are once again faced with the fact, if this ends on a good note, this makes america ridiculously attractive to all.

The more people come, the finite pie has to be cut into smaller pieces, and the UBI must be lowered per individual.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Jan 5, 2010
It may be meaningless but it was one of the campaign promises people voted for.
I want you to know that I read the rest of your post. I think the first sentence was directed to me and then the rest was a rant about robots.

"It may be meaningless"

Are you fucking kidding me.

I sure as shit am going to protest my tax dollars that go towards a pointless wall that serves no purpose whatsoever seeing as most illegals come over here by plane.

Good god. This is the most interesting post I've disagreed with while at the same time agree with that eventually AI will take away jobs.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
I want you to know that I read the rest of your post. I think the first sentence was directed to me and then the rest was a rant about robots.

"It may be meaningless"

Are you fucking kidding me.

I sure as shit am going to protest my tax dollars that go towards a pointless wall that serves no purpose whatsoever seeing as most illegals come over here by plane.

Good god. This is the most interesting post I've disagreed with while at the same time agree with that eventually AI will take away jobs.
Understand that many of the programs that are opposed by them, are considered just as worthless by the opposing republicans, and a waste of their tax dollars or worse actively harmful.
Edit: EDIT2(for clarity):
Maybe they're wrong. But it becomes difficult to expect a no to convince them, that their wall is worthless while these programs are worthwhile, without convincing them. Because they may believe the wall is worthwhile and the true waste of money is the other programs they don't want to support.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Jan 5, 2010
Understand that many of the programs that are opposed are considered just as worthless by the opposition and a waste of their tax dollars or worse actively harmful.
Edit:
Maybe they're wrong. But it becomes difficult to say no these are worthwhile, without convincing them.
Is your first language English?

Just checking because anyone who is a native speaker should be raising their eyebrows right now.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
Is your first language English?

Just checking because anyone who is a native speaker should be raising their eyebrows right now.
Should have clarified, speed posting. Becomes difficult to tell them NO outright, that it is a waste of money. Because they'll believe you have plenty of programs that they consider a waste of money and you're not budging, so they'll think why can't they have their pet projects, which they may actually disagree and claim are actually worthwhile?

Last edited: