• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Goodbye for Now

Melon

Banned
Hey everyone (sorry for any errors, I’m on mobile), I usually bring happy and positive topics but sadly this one isn’t that. I’m not doing very good as of late — both physically and mentally. I hate doing this, especially after setting up another GAF Survivor, but I really need to take care of myself. I’ve been so busy working on making others happy that I’ve been ignoring my own problems. I won’t go into details on that because it’s irrelevant.

I want to say sorry if I’m letting anyone down. I hate leaving without much warning, but like I said, I’ve been putting a lot of stuff off for too long. Thank you guys so much for all that you’ve done for me, it means the world. But right now I am just not in a good enough spot to be on here. I don’t want to be a negative influence to anyone.

I don’t know how long I’ll be gone, but I’ll be back eventually. Hopefully you guys won’t be too mad at me.

Thanks again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry to hear that, you do what you've gotta though. You'll be missed around here!

GAF will be here when you are ready to return, take care of yourself.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
You've been great to us, Melon.
I hope your life gets great!

Take care of yourself and i hope you get well soon!
xoxoxo

I am sorry you aren’t doing well. Take good care of yourself, bro. I don’t know you very well, but you are a great poster. I wish you the best of luck in getting your life together and one day you can come back here to all of us and tell us how great you are doing! My thoughts are with you.

No worries whatsoever. You've been awesome to this community, and you've already contributed so much to the positive and happy atmosphere here. Hope to see you back when you're feeling better. Until then, take care of yourself.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Get well, and you'll be more than welcome back here. We'll be waiting. Take care of yourself . Be happy. And remember, your problems are not irrelevant. If you ever feel the need to stick around and open up, I'm sure we'll all be there for you!

BwFyxJmCYAAGIZT.jpg

I understand all too well sacrificing my own well being to make others happy and entering a deep and downward spiral of depression and exhaustion.

I dont think anyone is mad at you, or rather they should not be. Your own health comes first and foremost. Taking a break and concentrating on yourself is the best move you can make.

Next time we see ya around these parts, I hope you're doing better and taking care of yourself properly.

I can definitely understand your decision to take a break from a forum like NeoGAF!

Don't worry, im 100% sure that we will all welcome you back with open arms and don't feel like you're going to miss out on anything :) Just make sure to come back before November 8th so we can all celebrate Kojima's newest masterpiece Death Stranding ;P

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Melon Melon , please don't ever think we would be mad at you - You are awesome and loved, girl! :messenger_heart:

If I remember correctly, you are a fellow INFP personality...and one thing we can often tend to do is put a huge effort into helping others to the expense of our own well-being. Having been there many times myself, I absolutely understand.

Please rest and take care of yourself! Take as much time as you need - Recharge and recover as best as you can for as long as it takes! Also, please don't let others abuse your kindness and altruism...there are many people in life who may try.

Thank you for being such a wonderful presence here, and I hope we see you again someday soon. Much love to you, and I'm praying for you and sending a big hug! 🤗:messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
You...take care of yourself. Remember to aways look up for your own health, its top priority.

All the best and hope you get better.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear you're not ok. I hope it's not depression, if it is, please look for help and get better, my friend.

Take care of yourself first and foremost.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, take care of yourself first. Can't help others when you need help yourself. That's a big problem with the mental health thread on Era and other places. Depressed and otherwise mentally ill people can't help others in need of the same help. There are some healthy, good-natured people trying to help, but even then it's not a good thing for say a 20 year old suicidal person to see 35+ year old people who are suicidal posting in the same thread saying things never get better and that they want to end it.

People who need help need to seek professional help, not from randoms online--many of whom are more sick than they are. Do what you need to get better and don't worry about random people online. They'll want to get better and seek they help they need, or they won't. Nothing you can do about that.

Mista

Banned
You deserve taking care of yourself more than anybody else. Take your time Melon my Felon and try to relax and clear your mind. Nobody has the right to be mad at you, this is one of your rights and the least thing you can do to yourself. I’ll definitely miss you around and miss all the smiles you bring around here, but I’ll definitely be waiting for your return. Take care now my little sister and be good♥️

John Day

Take your time, and be well. Best of wishes to you, really mean it!

And no worries, we’ll be here when you decide to come back! Good luck and get well friend!!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I've been on that side of the table and the whole world knows initiating actions clearly deliveries results, take your time OP and try to clear your mind.

Guiberu

Echo the comments re: looking after yourself.

But also remember you don't have to do everything on your own. It's okay to ask for help. Even if it's just for someone to listen.

Top Bottom