A gunman kills 5 people in California before taking his own life, police say

A gunman kills 5 people in California before taking his own life, police say

A man killed his wife and four other people in shootings across three locations Wednesday evening near Bakersfield, California, before killing himself as a sheriff's deputy confronted him, authorities said.
The crime spree took roughly 15 minutes, and investigators are trying to figure out why the man went on the rampage, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said.
"I'm certainly speculating right now ... but I'm pretty comfortable that there will be a connection between all these players," Youngblood said at a news conference late Wednesday.
The shootings began just after 5 p.m. PT when the man and his wife went to a trucking business east of Bakersfield, Youngblood said.

At the business, the husband confronted a man and fatally shot him -- and then "turned and shot his wife," who later died, the sheriff said.
Another male arrived, and after a short foot chase, the gunman shot and killed that person outside the nearby Bear Mountain Sports, a hunting equipment shop, Youngblood said.
The gunman then went to a nearby residence, where he shot and killed two more males, according to the sheriff.
He then hijacked a vehicle with a woman and child inside, but they were able to escape. The gunman headed to a nearby highway, where he saw a deputy and pulled over into a lot.
As the deputy drew a weapon and confronted him, "the suspect put the gun to his (own) chest and killed himself," Youngblood said.
Authorities didn't immediately release the names of the gunman or the five people he's said to have killed.
Youngblood said investigators didn't know of the gunman's motive, and they didn't know whether any of those involved worked at the trucking company. The shooter had at least one handgun, the sheriff said.
Investigators intend to question about 30 witnesses in the case.
I am going to say this is probably a crime of passion and the wife was having an affair. Just my speculation but thats what it seems like.

People will blame guns again, but guns were around back in the 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s and you didn't really see any of the kinds of massive shooting like we've been seeing. Maybe instead of blaming the tool, and I'm not even a fan of guns and would never own one myself, we should take a look at the cause, how the changes in our society over the decades has led to shootings of this kind to become common place. Perhaps then we can actually make changes that will make these attacks a thing of the past.

People will blame guns again, but guns were around back in the 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s and you didn't really see any of the kinds of massive shooting like we've been seeing. Maybe instead of blaming the tool, and I'm not even a fan of guns and would never own one myself, we should take a look at the cause, how the changes in our society over the decades has led to shootings of this kind to become common place. Perhaps then we can actually make changes that will make these attacks a thing of the past.
Killing people with a gun is much more easier then with a knife.

So yes guns are a issue, it makes killing a lot more easier as they are designed just for that.

Go walk into a office with a knife and start attacking. people can pick up desks chairs to disarm you or deflect you. With a gun they are sheep to be slaughtered.

Last edited:

So yes guns are a issue, it makes killing a lot more easier as they are designed just for that.

Go walk into a office with a knife and start attacking. people can pick up desks chairs to disarm you or deflect you. With a gun they are sheep to be slaughtered.
Like I said guns have been around yet these attacks didn't used to happen. Countries in Europe where guns are banned still have tons of gun crime these days, so banning guns isn't going to do much, since people who want one can still get their hands on one even in countries where they are illegal. The issue is clearly societal, society has changed for the worse, basic values have gone missing.

Then allow them to carry. Problem solved.

These types of shootings ("mass") are actually on a decline supposedly, but just focused and reported more than ever. Except for Chicago (and the like), the national media ignores them.
I know right. The fact that Chicago is getting 5+ deaths every weekend and the MSM doesnt report it is ridiculous. I wonder how long Emanual will last.

Killing people with a knife is easier than with a jump rope. Knifes are designed to cut things.

Sorry. 2nd Amendment is here to stay.

Like I said guns have been around yet these attacks didn't used to happen. Countries in Europe where guns are banned still have tons of gun crime these days, so banning guns isn't going to do much, since people who want one can still get their hands on one even in countries where they are illegal. The issue is clearly societal, society has changed for the worse, basic values have gone missing.
No. Australia has proven gun control works with a dramatic statistical decrease in gun violence.

Exactly kupenreich, hell gun is not even the easiest weapon to use, one can just rent a truck with basically no check and run over people easily.

Oh look, it's Friday in the good ol USA.

like?

example Germany: 2013 54 kills / 80.000.000 Citizens through legal and illegal guns. https://rp-online.de/panorama/deuts...-durch-registrierte-schusswaffen_aid-20020083
But I'm with you. Itas mainly a social problem in the US. But the easy availability doesn't help.

Last edited:
A yes the same 2 lines of bull shit every gun nut keeps Spouting without any evidence . Please do tell which EU country thats has banned guns that has a gun violence rate any where near the us ?? And you still got people stupid enough to say that banning them aint gonna help because crimials are still gonna get it lol yes I'm sure getting a gun for 200$ from down the street is just as easy as buying it off the black market for 3X the price espically for an 18 year funny how basic common sense goes out the window.

yes but also in the Wild West days everyone had a gun, so good luck trying to go on mass shooting back then, unless you were part of some kind of gang, but you also would be taken out eventually. Also just image someone trying to have a mass shooting at a gun show.

Other countries don't have the 2nd amendment. You can't tell other countries how to rewrite laws if you have no understanding of them. He also most likely would have killed his family anyway with other means if he couldn't get a gun, his wife cheating on him drove him over the edge.

Last edited:
yes but also in the Wild West days everyone had a gun, so good luck trying to go on mass shooting back then, unless you were part of some kind of gang, but you also would be taken out eventually. Also just image someone trying to have a mass shooting at a gun show.

Other countries don't have the 2nd amendment. You can't tell other countries how to rewrite laws if you have no understanding of them
Lol what do you know how many mass murders were running wild during the wild west ? The 2nd ammentedment isnt the bible we'e put limits on it.

Lol what do you know how many mass murders were running wild during the wild west ? The 2nd ammentedment isnt the bible we'e put limits on it.
Lol you really think he would be able to do this if everyone in the area also had a gun? If someone else was there with a gun they could have shot him also, now just image if everyone in the area also had a gun, sure he might be able to shoot someone, but everyone else would shoot him. And the 2nd ammentedment isn't going away anytime soon.

Also a single lone gunman in the wild west just started randomly shooting people in town would be shot dead.

Last edited:
Lol you really think he would be able to do this if everyone in the area also had a gun? If someone else was there with a gun they could have shot him also, now just image if everyone in the area also had a gun, sure he might be able to shoot someone, but everyone else would shoot him. And the 2nd ammentedment isn't going away anytime soon.

Also a single lone gunman in the wild west just started randomly shooting people in town would be shot dead.
So what happens when gun men stop being dumb and take a vantage point . Oh right you all still get gunned down . I like how busy screaming more guns is gonns solve everything but you haven't even thought about the side effect of haveing everyone one having a gun . Any incident of road rage is gonna be even more deadly bar fights Lmaoo now even the simplest of arguments could end end deadly everyone can claim to have feared for there life now like we trying to figure out away remove humans from driving bec of the danger and yet you still want more people holding deadly weapons my god . not suprised at the lack of common sense from some one who worships his metal toy tho .

So what happens when gun men stop being dumb and take a vantage point . Oh right you all still get gunned down . I like how busy screaming more guns is gonns solve everything but you haven't even thought about the side effect of haveing everyone one having a gun . Any incident of road rage is gonna be even more deadly bar fights Lmaoo now even the simplest of arguments could end end deadly everyone can claim to have feared for there life now like we trying to figure out away remove humans from driving bec of the danger and yet you still want more people holding deadly weapons my god . not suprised at the lack of common sense from some one who worships his metal toy tho .
thats like saying what happens when someone is smart and just kills people with a knife like jack the ripper, or any other serial killer that doesn't need a gun to kill people. Its like people have no idea most serial killers didn't even need guns at all.

Last edited:
.50 caliber handgun eh? Most likely a S&W .500 revolver, as the only other popular handgun chaimbered .50 cal is a Desert Eagle. Doubt it's an Eagle though, as they're little more than an expensive meme of a pistol.

Then again I don't trust some CNN writer to know jack shit about firearms. It was probably a .357 magnum, and since shootings with revolvers don't advance The Narrative this story will be forgotten in a week. Probably thought if he calls it a .50 cal he might scare one or two more soccer moms into voting away one more sliver of their civil rights.

Last edited:
For 'not being a fan of guns and never using one' yourself, you sure do love NRA talking points.

.50 caliber handgun eh? Most likely a S&W .500 revolver, as the only other popular handgun chaimbered .50 cal is a Desert Eagle. Doubt it's an Eagle though, as they're little more than an expensive meme of a pistol.

Then again I don't trust some CNN writer to know jack shit about firearms. It was probably a .357 magnum, and since shootings with revolvers don't advance The Narrative this story will be forgotten in a week. Probably thought if he calls it a .50 cal he might scare one or two more soccer moms into voting away one more sliver of their civil rights.
Ya think?

https://patch.com/california/northhollywood/la-county-may-ban-under-21-gun-sales-50-caliber-handguns

thats like saying what happens when someone is smart and just kills people with a knife like jack the ripper, or any other serial killer that doesn't need a gun to kill people. Its like people have no idea most serial killers didn't even need guns at all.
Except 1 can kill like 10 over a week and and the other can mow down 50 in 30 mins like . Like we all know crime will still exist the diffrence is not every schmuck can rack up double digit kills on a dime . Do you not seen how dumb your argument is . Why ban automatic weapons crimials can just get normal guns ??

Except 1 can kill like 10 over a week and and the other can mow down 50 in 30 mins like . Like we all know crime will still exist the diffrence is not every schmuck can rack up double digit kills on a dime . Do you not seen how dumb your argument is . Why ban automatic weapons crimials can just get normal guns ??
but I just mentioned what would happen if everyone in the area also had a gun...................

And you can rent a tuck and kill hundreds in minutes, what the point.

Hesemonni

Yeah, I'm gonna have to see the receipts on this one.